Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangeville Early Access Videos and Reviews

1235...Next

Comments

• ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Do any of the EA game changers check buydebug? Can we get the plants from the world? The new succulents? I'm wondering why they aren't available in build mode?

@SimGuruHouts Do you know if we can get the new StrangerVille cacti in buydebug? Is there a storyline reason we can't get them in build mode?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Just a heads up, Rachybop has finished the entire mystery if you wanna watch the whole thing all at once. 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm glad I took a peek at the non-spoiler review.
    I have a lot I want to build that is on a 50x50 lot in TS3.

Strangerville only has one 50x40 lot.
    I can make it work, but that Cahill guy is going to lose his home. I need that lot.
    That's the only lot in this entire town that makes any sense for what I want to make.

I should consider myself lucky. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I'm glad I took a peek at the non-spoiler review.
    I have a lot I want to build that is on a 50x50 lot in TS3.

Strangerville only has one 50x40 lot.
    I can make it work, but that Cahill guy is going to lose his home. I need that lot.
    That's the only lot in this entire town that makes any sense for what I want to make.

I should consider myself lucky. :p

I have a similar problem in one of my saves that I'm going to create. I created an Alien Queen and her advisor and bodyguard who "move in" after the mystery has been solved, but the only lot big enough is the plane crash site which I don't want to give up. So, I'm thinking I'll move them into the largest house on the hill and build their ship in the basement. I think that's a good work around.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    ctthomas wrote: »
    Do any of the EA game changers check buydebug? Can we get the plants from the world? The new succulents? I'm wondering why they aren't available in build mode?

@SimGuruHouts Do you know if we can get the new StrangerVille cacti in buydebug? Is there a storyline reason we can't get them in build mode?
    No, the plants are not in buyDebug
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited February 2019
    crinrict wrote: »
    ctthomas wrote: »

No, the plants are not in buyDebug

Unfortunately @crinrict is right. I was really disappointed about that. I don't get it, ther are so many new gorgeous plants and rocks populating the new world, and none of them are available for the player. I'm crossing my fingers for the devs to patch in at least some of them in the next patch.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    @AlbaWaterhouse To be honest, I'm not completely sure why those objects weren't included in the build catalog. I do know that world objects are built to different specs than on-lot objects, so there may be some restrictions our Art team was bound to when creating those assets. I'll be looking into it.

I can't make any promises about future patches at this time, but I'll be looking into what's feasible and making sure to avoid this kind of thing as much as possible moving forward.
    @AlbaWaterhouse To be honest, I'm not completely sure why those objects weren't included in the build catalog. I do know that world objects are built to different specs than on-lot objects, so there may be some restrictions our Art team was bound to when creating those assets. I'll be looking into it.

I can't make any promises about future patches at this time, but I'll be looking into what's feasible and making sure to avoid this kind of thing as much as possible moving forward.

Thank you so much for answering and being so proactive about it! I will keep my fingers crossed :):):)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I wish I could infect the sims in not in world so that I could tell which sims have homes, besides I think it will make them look kinda funny. Also another thing I like to make sure since there are artifacts in both JA and Strangervillie I hope strangervillie artifacts don't show up in JA. Another thing since game spawns npc from other non playable households and not in my world neighorhoods, is it possible to see a wakey npc vender or fan that been infected from Strangervillie.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It's super disappointing to hear that the plants aren't in the build and buy catalogue. I hope they'll be able to patch them in, I loved the cactus especially. :( they didn't seem to have this issue in previous packs, I hope this isn't a new trend and that in the future plants in new worlds will be made available to us
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2019
    They may be in the debug mode part, just may not have a icon associated with them yet.

Edit I seen festival markers there at one point to hide venders, but because non of the other neighorhoods have the special lot trait for the festivals, they don't work. It be nice to be able to build my own festivials in certain parks to bring them more active, and wish the city living festival lot was editable so we could fix the geekcon and festival lots that seasons killed with the rain.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    They may be in the debug mode part, just may not have a icon associated with them yet.

Edit I seen festival markers there at one point to hide venders, but because non of the other neighorhoods have the special lot trait for the festivals, they don't work. It be nice to be able to build my own festivials in certain parks to bring them more active, and wish the city living festival lot was editable so we could fix the geekcon and festival lots that seasons killed with the rain.

They are not
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Not watching a single stream or video of someone playing it. I might watch LGR’s review only because he tends to give general information without spoiling content.

I rather explore the game on my own.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    mika wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    I wish at least one person would introduce the new premades instead of showing the same content as everyone else.

Thats exactly why I dont watch most youtubers, they watch each others videos and copy each other's content under the guise of "inspiration". No originality for most of them, just going through the motions to keep their views up.

Trust me when I say, there's not time for that during the embargo period. From the time GCs get the pack, most of us go silent on social media and start working on videos.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2019
    Launch day party and stream

The Sims Community
    https://youtu.be/CH10RBs5KVU