Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windenburg - Toddlers = arrival and keep going home

troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PsCJDdc_2SXi6Ba3X1Dg9E27S1-uSUWr
tried to include an image, it asks for the url, I paste it nothing happens. So included link to google drive

So, my sim lives on the empty lot in Windenburg. He has twin toddlers with Nancy Landgraab in Oasis Springs. Whenever he invites the twins over, the game does not deposit them on his lot, it deposits them on the other side of the island. By the time they toddle over to his lot it is time for them to go home. The second time I invited the twins over I invited Nancy (Geoffrey is dead), the game did the same thing, deposited them on the far side of the island. My sim James invited Nancy to spend the night. When the twins toddled over to James' lot, he talked to them and then the game sent them home. The third time I added everyone to a group, and James was able to read the twins to sleep after they toddled to his lot. One of the twins woke up and went home shortly after falling asleep.

Why would the game send the twins away from their father? Secondly, if both parents are on the lot, including the custodial parent, why would the game send the twins home to an empty house?

I am trying to build his relationship with the twins, their skills and his parenting skills, but I don't want him to be the custodial parent as he lives in a tent, loves to garden and is a curator. So, it's easier for him to live alone. (he does have an indoor kitchen, bathroom and small basement with toddler beds)

How, can I get the toddlers to stay with the father and mother on James' lot?
How can I get the came to deposit the toddlers on the father's lot and not some obscure far part of the island?

When adults are invited over they arrive on the lot not the far side of the island.

Thanks
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
Post edited by troshalom on

Comments

• Options
    I discovered where the second toddler was at 8:30 am, it took her until 11 am to toddle all the way over to the lot. That is insane
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    You need to use
    [img]urlhere[/img]

to post an image :) Windenburg sometimes has weird places where the sims spawn, especially the island. I have noticed it but not sure if it can be worked around somehow. Also I wasn't aware that you can invite toddlers over, is it a mod?
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited February 2019
    The best way would be to take your sim to their lot. That way you can stay with them for as long as you want. I would suggest though go into build mode on their lot first and make sure they have everything they need first, potty, beds and toys that sort of thing. Oh and if you can afford it, get the always welcome satisfaction reward, I think it's about 500 sf. That way your sim can sleep eat and shower there along with anything else.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    You need to use
    [img]urlhere[/img]

to post an image :) Windenburg sometimes has weird places where the sims spawn, especially the island. I have noticed it but not sure if it can be worked around somehow. Also I wasn't aware that you can invite toddlers over, is it a mod?

No mod, yes, you can invite toddlers over. They never stay as long as older sims, but they will come over.
  • Options
    simm621 wrote: »
    The best way would be to take your sim to their lot. That way you can stay with them for as long as you want. I would suggest though go into build mode on their lot first and make sure they have everything they need first, potty, beds and toys that sort of thing. Oh and if you can afford it, get the always welcome satisfaction reward, I think it's about 500 sf. That way your sim can sleep eat and shower there along with anything else.

Yes, I had him go over to their house, but I wanted the toddlers to visit him at their lot. I guess I will wait until they become children to visit him, and have him visit and stay over at Nancy's.

Yes, I did go through Manage Worlds to set the house up with things for toddlers and children. Nancy currently has three toddlers, one from her late husband and the twins from her lover James.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Oh cool you can invite them over, too bad it doesn't seem to be working properly... You could move the toddlers to the other household via manage households. Just for the weekend for example and then move them back. It might affect their aging, depending on your settings, but it's probably what I would do.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2019
    I you do not want to add the toddlers to your household temporarily, try this: Visit Nancy's lot with James. Make sure the toddlers are close to your sim. Select "travel", select James and his children and select James' homelot. They should arrive at the lot instead of a random part of the island now.

(On second thought, does "travel with" even work with toddlers? Not sure anymore now that I've written this. Disregard this post if I'm wrong.)
  • Options
    I just decided to take the twins and Nancy on vacation to go camping (Granite Falls) -- toddlers can sleep in tents.

I forgot to add a tub and potty chairs, but we used a neighbors cabin to bathe them and the toddlers are using their diapers. So far it is working.

Thanks for the tips all.
  • Options
    ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    > @musteni said:
    > Windenburg sometimes has weird places where the sims spawn, especially the island.

My family lives there and this is definitely true. Like when my kids bring friends over from school my kids appear at the house but the friends appear on the other side of the island... Most annoying thing for me is if I want to host a party at their house because the party is half over before the guests are at the house. Makes it super hard to get gold sometimes and generally there just isn't much time for socializing as the guests take off so soon.