Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimFileShare IS BACK!

Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
edited February 2019 in CAS Custom Content

update: https://simfileshare.tumblr.com/ For some reason they haven't posted this information on Twitter.

adding this tweet as a possible workaround, it didn't work for me but apparently, some people have had success.

As of 2/23 it appears to be working again!
Post edited by Bananas_45 on

Comments

• pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Good to know its just temporary, I was just trying to download some stuff on Tumblr and couldn't, because they were down, I thought maybe they were gone for good! I'll just try again tomorrow! Thanks for letting everyone know!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    I hope they can fix this soon for my obsessive CC shopping needs haha (it's been over 8 hours and I'm in withdrawal)
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @pookysimslover and @MaddyMcMoody the have been down for 18 hours. I'll post a new thread when I see they are back up. I have my I-Pod set for notifications. (yes, I am a sad-sack with a flip phone and an I-Pod).
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    if you're a sad sack than so am I @Bananas_45 :D
    I love my good old mp3-player and it took many years until social pressure forced me to get a smartphone. And I sit here thirsting to be able to download virtual clothing that is in no way necessary to my game or my life but still I want that 175th different type of hairstyle and I want it now lol
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    I thought it was supposed to be back up by now. :( Is it working for anybody?
    Iiyonce wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to be back up by now. :( Is it working for anybody?

It is not back up yet. Unfortunately, they have posted on Tumblr that the server update is taking longer than they originally thought and that they are expecting it to be down most of the day today (Wednesday) as well. https://simfileshare.tumblr.com/
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Looks like its still down on the 22nd. Hopefully they are able to fix the problem. Their service has become beloved in the community. I'm sorry they are having problems. Its gotta be frustrating on their end.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Looks like its still down on the 22nd. Hopefully they are able to fix the problem. Their service has become beloved in the community. I'm sorry they are having problems. Its gotta be frustrating on their end.

They aren't even posting updates on their social media anymore. I hope we aren't losing them.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

They aren't even posting updates on their social media anymore. I hope we aren't losing them.

Me too and I really feel for the Simmer creators
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'm sure I read somewhere (not sure where now) that they were actually moving to new servers (possibly a new host?) so the backups they take now are much more critical - if so and they're upgrading the specs, I'm not surprised it's taking this long. I'm sure they'll be up and running very soon.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I wish them the best of luck and hope to see them again soon. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that when there are multiple download choices I always choose the SFS option. Its typically safe, clean and effective and I personally hadn't realized how much I rely on them.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    aldavor wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere (not sure where now) that they were actually moving to new servers (possibly a new host?) so the backups they take now are much more critical - if so and they're upgrading the specs, I'm not surprised it's taking this long. I'm sure they'll be up and running very soon.
    I have the same cat gif

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Oh thank goodness, I missed that tumblr post so it's good to know they are working on things and have a plan. And thank you VERY much for the work around- I've been itching for another download spree with the new pack coming out and it's been killing me not to have it! Simfileshare really is the best, and I have a few of my old Sims 2 CC posted there as well so glad I don't have to go digging through my old exploded computer's backup (that was dumped into in a panic trying to save everything... not the most organized) to find those files again just yet.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hmmm, Lana's CC Finds doesn't seem to have been updated for a few days either (at least the Maxis match pages haven't). I guess that's to do with the issues SFS are having too.
    Hmmm, Lana's CC Finds doesn't seem to have been updated for a few days either (at least the Maxis match pages haven't). I guess that's to do with the issues SFS are having too.

That would be my guess, she has been posting alpha cc.
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    Thank you so much for the update!
    Finnadora wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the update!

You're welcome.