Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing for Strangerville?

Comments

• LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Im gonna make a new save when I get the Pack
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    keep with the same save. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    I usually just work new packs into my legacy save but I think I’m going to make a family and save just for strangerville. I’m super excited. I even ordered a second stick of RAM to bring my poor old laptop to 8gb in anticipation. The poor old thing runs everything I’ve got (all EP and GP so far) albeit pretty slowly and on low graphics so hopefully it can handle Strangerville with the little extra kick in the pants because Im in love with the idea of a mystery to solve!
  • ASingleFluffySockASingleFluffySock Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm using my same game file (I start a new one every expansion) and I'm using an alien couple that are currently expecting a baby boy. They have a roommate right now and she's messy so they're gonna move far away from her. Currently the mom is a scientist so I'm gonna have her quit her job to be a stay at home mom. When the son is a teen I'm gonna have him investigate his mom's old research.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just started a new save with two siblings who will be moving into the new town as soon as I download the new game :-)
    I'm getting their skills up a bit, and letting them get to know one another in advance so they'll be ready to go check out the mystery.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Nothing right now, I'll be creating a couple of new households for it after we get the pack.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2019
    • I updated
    • I repaired my game
    • Finally I reset my Sims folder replacing only my tray file so I can test it out in a fresh new vanilla save.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've been building quite a bit and setting my sims up for the story in Strangerville.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Now that we have details of the Lot sizes, I may search around for some that I think are suitable to place as I doubt I will like the EA houses.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I will probably create a new save for this so I can play through the mystery once and see how I like it. Not gonna bring over my old Sim from Get Famous.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I haven't made any preliminary plans as I don't know when I can get it - so I will just bide my time and continue playing as usual until I know I can get it.

I had these two teen sisters I was skilling up for the acting career but perhaps I might change them over to finish school and go into the military - as they seem more inclined toward fitness than acting and I already have another Sim working through acting. Really not preparing in advance - but do very much look forward to getting this pack. Just taking one day at a time. LOL. Looks like lots of fun for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    In my current save I'm building up towards having a played household in rotation in each neighborhood, all descended from my very fertile serial romance sim. Conveniently she's had more babies than I already have neighborhoods for, so Gillian is going to go play X-Files when she grows up. She's currently a child, and I'm up to four households now, so it'll probably be a few weeks before she's a young adult.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I'm doing nothing cuz I'm not even done with Get Famous. EUHFKSGHKSJ.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    New save. I haven't played since before Seasons, I told myself I'd wait for either witches or University, but Strangerville has my interested enough to go for a whirl.
    &PHgr;
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I cannot prepare for something when the information about it is so vague and it looks like we aren't getting much more nor a showcase of this game pack (or expansion pack since I saw a $40 cost but they're taken that down sooooo).
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I'm going to play with my existing save and play with the pre-made households that comes with the pack like I prefer to do. But I am also going to prepare by removing a lot of sims (or save them to the gallery) that I do not want in my existing save with hopes that the game will create new ones that shows up in Strangerville. I'm hoping that we will not see so many city living sims that keep spawning in my game right now.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I haven't even had time to prepare, I've been super busy with uni work and convensions. I'll probably just do a quick famile in CAS a bit later today (after dinner?) I'm in uni all day tomorrow too and I get home as soon as the pack is released in the UK (6pm) and also with it being anounced not even a week before it came out there just wasn't enough time for me to get ready for it.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No special Sim. Won't even move there.
    However both my Sims in my present game are Simtube megastars so they will of course livestream everything.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    My sims oldest son just aged to a YA. He’s been training his fitness skill because he’s heard the military is looking for recruits. He’s just trying to find out how to get there
  • zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    Since I am planning a new save, made my simself with selfSim hubby (with currrent CAS items since their backstory is basically a couple that got assigned to a base in strangerville and they need to figure out how to fit in, I will change their outfits as time progresses) and my two sim self dogs and made a home that reminded me of a desert town. I'm also having my Simself hubby join the military career (against his RL wishes) , and my SimSelf be the explorer.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'll start a new save, I do that for all GPs and EPs, to explore the pack. But I won't be using a new Sim, I'm actually returning to one of my GTW test Sims, who has since become one of my main Sims. I'll just put a fresh copy of him in a fresh save and preted he's on an undercover mission.

I have this bad habit of always using my sim in my avatar as my main. She is actually a "copy" of my sim from sims3, who was in turn a copy of my sim from sims2. If you have ever read any of the Pippy Longstocking books, you get a clear idea of my sim, (who just so happens to be named Pippy Longstockings ).

: )

Silly woman that I am, I always make a new save and pull her out of the gallery. Her skills are always at level one because I use the same gal as opposed to one that has leveled. Gah!!! She always has a great supporting cast in the surrounding houses. I even have my library saved to an external hard drive just in case I lose her. She is like that puppy that followed me home and has been with me ever since. : )
    Post edited by Freygea on
    @emere has really great builds. Maybe i'll find something they've already built or wait for them to build something that will fit the smaller lots.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm using my existing save because I already have a story going on that fits perfectly with the Strangerville theme. My Oasis Springs was a creepy desert town called Area 31 that had a cult, conspiracy theorists, aliens, and (mad) scientists. You can see how it looked and/or pick up some lots here. They'd probably look great in Strangerville, too. I plan on bulldozing some of Strangerville and replacing the lots with Area 31 builds.

Anyway, I moved all the sims out of Oasis Springs/Area 31 and replaced every single lot with something nicer:

2T180jJ.jpg

(and yes, I downloaded replacement maps for all of the worlds, lol)

I didn't create any of these lots, either. You can individually download them here.

I also made new sims to fill up my new Oasis Springs and the sims that used to live there are currently homeless, waiting for their new home in Strangerville.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I've started a new save.

I've already made the sims I'm going to use, although I'm going to give them new hair/outfits when I install the pack. Got my military sim and my conspiracy theorist-type sim.

I also started building the trailer park they're going to live on. One of them has an underground bunker which will have all the cool new tech items and stuff stored in it.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
    When I get the game I’ll have to take a closer look at the world. I may put some steampunk inspired homes and venues there....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie