Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Yes.
    Yeah maybe depending if so
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • ellipsismsellipsisms Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes.
    I probably would.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    No.
    No. I would wait. I have loved this game in the past, but now, not so much.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yes.
    I would but I guess technically it wouldn't be straight away. So it'd be a No for me, sorry about that. For Sims 4 it came out in September and I bought it on Black Friday. I wouldn't pay $59 for it.. I'd pay $39 for it lmao. So I'd wait for a sale for Sims 5. I was mad about Sims 4 before I saw any reviews about it. I did not like the animation style at all. It looked so childish to me and later on I was not a fan of the Game Pack idea. I played Sims 4 very shortly after buying and I don't think I touched it again until Get Together released. I didn't start fully enjoying the game until 2017. Now I actually like the animation style and I do like the Game Packs..
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    When I see what is happening to BioWare (24 years old), I'm skeptical about the future of The Sims Studio (13 years old) and Maxis (32 years old).
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes.
    Thinking about it now... As long as the base game actually has a good amount of content this time, I may consider it. Sims 2 brought the 3D world, genetics, family connections, etc... Sims 3 brought the open world and a great amount of customization, but it took out of the game the neighborhood creation tool (at least the gave us the CAW tool later).
    But Sims 4... Yes, it has a beautiful CAS with the shaping clay thing, some may say that the gallery + the easier building (dragging rooms and all) were also good... In theory yes, in practice they were great reasons for basic things to be removed from the game. The developers hadn't figured how the gallery could support non-flat terrains, ponds and pools by the release date and this is why the hadn't included those in the release. Also, lets not talk about how bad the foundations, decks and stages tool is the worst of all the iterations, it has no freedom to it, or you place an entire piece of foundation in a room or you place nothing.
    Sims 5 has to surprise me before i can buy it, no more pre-release buying.
  • BloodGoddess77BloodGoddess77 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes.
    Yes and I hope they take their time making it and read some of the pros and con from the games before and implement them.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes.
    Is “as long ad it’ll run on my pc” an option?
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    No.
    Nah, I would need to watch some gameplay videos of it first to see if the game is worth my money.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    Yes.
    I would buy it.. always have to have the newest games, it's a sickness.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    No.
    No. I rushed and bought every Sims series right away so far and feel totally burned by TS4. I will wait. Not only that but if they leave TS4 without University, Witches, Beach Vacation/Hotels, Farms or even spiral stairs, I wont bother with TS5 AT ALL unless it exceeds expectations and is literal gaming magic.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • kathdelinekathdeline Posts: 38 Member
    No.
    No. The Sims 5 will/would be even worse cash grab than TS4.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes.
    Only if we get real personalities, done in the right way like in TS2. And I want a tone of details. We are in 2019, we have the right to want a big game, the game that this Franchise always deserved.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    No.
    Yes...for eventually. No...to right away.
    Sims 4 is the first and only version of Sims that I have played. And I am happy with it. I didn't know that Sims existed until after Sims 4 came out. It actually took me a while to find out that the reason it was called Sims 4 was because there had already been a 1, 2, and 3. Lol.
    I like Sims 4 a lit and feel like there is still a lot left to play. I'll most likely wait a year or so after Sims 5 is released to buy it, once the game goes on sale and only if it is doing well.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    No.
    Yeah, I wouldn't buy it right away regardless... and maybe I'd never buy it? I'm happy with Sims 4 at the moment, and regardless I'd want to wait until things are on sale so that I could get things for cheaper. When I started playing Sims 4 they already had toddlers and a lot of great deals on things, so I'd be able to wait. Besides, who knows what my life will be like when/if it comes out?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    No.
    As of now, no. I had spent so much money and time on sims 3 and I was so excited for the sims 4 but now I own less than half of all the stuff, game packs and even when I buy the new expansion packs I'm always excited to play and then an hour goes by and I'm bored again. Sims 4 just isn't what I would like it to be and I don't know if I could invest in the sims 5 if it is gonna follow the same pattern as 4. 4 just feels boring and empty and I've spent way less time playing the game than 3 and way more time on the forums.
  • 0PlumBerry00PlumBerry0 Posts: 2 New Member
    No.
    I would say no. I think I'm way too into the Sims 4 right now and even when it comes out, I still may like the Sims 4 more than the Sims 5. I'll just have to wait and see.
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    Ill be playing sims forever. Doesnt matter if its 5678910, I'll always be looking forward to new content and creating new sims, lives, houses, businesses, etc!
    That said, Sims4 is fine for a while. They keep adding new things, I don't know why theres so much talk on sims5
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    No.
    If it was released in the same state as TS4 and with the same content (or lack thereof) then I wouldn't buy it straight away. After a few EPs and GPs to flesh it out, then sure.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Yes.
    I want to say no but I know myself too well...

This ^ lol
  • peterlouis999peterlouis999 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes.
    Depends on if it’s good or not i would probably wait until a sale or a good expansion to buy
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited March 2019
    No.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I actually like Sims 3 views in the Sims games much more than Sims 4 views because Sims 3 looks real - sims 4 looks like a Pixar cartoon. I mean to this day - since the first day I saw it - when ever I am in the desert world - I find myself expecting Road Runner and Wiley O Coyote to come running across my screen. Because of that I have a difficult time playing the game using that particular world.

For your viewing pleasure, @Writin_Reg :D
    OasisSpringsWileE%2526Roadrunner.jpg

...and in answer to the original poster. Nope. You know the old saying: Once burned; twice shy. Well, this simmer here never even went near the stove. Got warned away. Am going to wait until I see the reviews and actual gameplay screens to determine whether or not I want to part with the cash.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    No.
    I always buy the next sims release after a couple expansions have already come out. That's what I've done ever since sims2 came out and I was still playing sims1. I don't like waiting a long time for new content, so that just makes it easier once I do switch over.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No.
    No. I love Sims 4 too much and don't have time for more gaming. Maybe one day years down the road if Sims 4 wasn't working anymore and Sims 5 was super cheap by then... but mostly, right now I am not at all interested in changing when I already have a great game that I've spent a lot on and have a lot more game play left I can do.
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    No.
    Prior to Sims 4, I purchased the game right off the shelf. However, after reading many reviews for Sims 4 when I came out, I was a bit cautious. I just began the process of purchasing and getting extra content this past Christmas. I am relieved I waited, as I some of the things I enjoy about the game arrived later on. I will be just as cautious with Sims 5. Maybe it is that parenting trait after all...
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here