Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do your sims give birth?

13...Next

Comments

• vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Home birth
    Mainly home births - I don't like how all the needs are maxed out after a hospital birth.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Hospital birth
    I prefer to send them to the hospital alone, but if I really want a birth cert I go with them.
    caitytrina.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Hospital birth
    TIL Sims 4 sims can have birth at a hospital.

They can...?
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    Home birth
    Today I learned that SIMS can give birth at a hospital? -_-
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Home birth
    I have never taken the hospital option. I didn't even know birth certificates were a thing.

Usually in larger families I'm coordinating the older siblings' skill building and such while mom is in labor rather than leaving the lot. Can't say why I've never done it with the firstborn child.
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    Home birth
    I usually do home births but that's because I don't have the expansion pack necessary to follow them to the hospital so it just feels like a waste to "send them to the hospital" when they aren't really going anywhere.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Hospital birth
    I prefer hospital births so I can get the birth certificates.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Really depends on how I feel at that moment. I've recently had my Sim go to the hospital and it's almost uncomfortable to watch them haphazardly play Operation lol. I do like that you get a birth certificate (which I usually will forget about anyway tbh) - and with the Style Influencer career, if you assess it, it will tell you that so-and-so is indeed a human baby lol.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Hospital birth
    I think it is cute that my town doctor births all of the children. I usually try to get a picture of the mother with the doctor too.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Hospital birth
    Since I have had "Get to Work", I've always sent them to the hospital, I take the husband or baby daddy along too. I like the animations that go with it.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Home birth
    Home birth. I don't like that the hospital option is always a caesarean. It's vaguely funny the first time but also mildly horrifying. Also major surgery followed by being swiftly kicked out and sent home doesn't really make it much of an event. It would be nice if they got to stay overnight or checked up on after birth before going home.
    iscQh5U.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Hospital birth
    I hate the animation for Hospital birth oh, but I want the birth certificates and I play a really large family so the mom is usually always exhausted and the fact that it fills up all green bars is too helpful to pass out hahaha!
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Home birth
    My sims have only ever had home births so far but the next one will be at hospital.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    Hospital birth
    They give birth at the hospital 99% of the time because I like having a birth certificate.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Home birth
    Home birth. I have never tried a hospital birth.