Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

80's Stuff Pack (***Concept Art*** Renders) UPDATED 1/23/2020

Comments

• miss_jordanmiss_jordan Posts: 6 New Member
    I love this idea!!! I love the 1980s and this looks like a fun stuff pack!
  • PlumbobsholiestPlumbobsholiest Posts: 22 Member
    loving this !!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I love this idea as well and to my fellow simmers and players if you have ideas feel free to post them in this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954892/1980-style-stuffpacks-ideas-all-ideas-welcome#latest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I love the 80s but I found the 80s stuff pack in Sims 3 too American based.
    It was nothing like the 80s UK style.
    It was the same with punk, too American..
    I guess the Sims is an American franchise though..
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Oooo, this would be really neat.

I did something like a generational story in the Sims 3 using a lot of custom content. However, instead of like... dressing every sim with modern clothes as if styles never change, I pretended to go through the eras. I first had story pictures of sims dressed in 1920s clothing and then over the years (both real life and sim) I eventually got to the 2000s. And yes, I would dress every single sim--including townies--in era-appropriate clothing.

But since then, my old computer crashed and I lost everything. I got so upset that I just quit the sims altogether. It wasn't until November 2018 that I even looked into the Sims 4. I haven't been taking pictures or posing my sims in this game, but I really want to try again. It was so great comparing sims born in the "1920s" to their great-great-great grandchildren.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But I would love a pack like this just so I wouldn't have to resort to too much custom content. I have thousands already and it keeps on growing.
  • bloodierevengebloodierevenge Posts: 4 New Member
    I know you've released the hair, but have you ever considered actually releasing the rest to the public? I understand this is concept art, but the style is beyond amazing and I absolutely adore the 80s. To have something like this in my game would be a fantastic addition and I'd love to have it :)
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    I know you've released the hair, but have you ever considered actually releasing the rest to the public? I understand this is concept art, but the style is beyond amazing and I absolutely adore the 80s. To have something like this in my game would be a fantastic addition and I'd love to have it :)

I am literally the worst at creating clothing and new hair... The one I released was pure luck. I tried to create more stuff for this pack so I could release it as a surprise but it all went horribly wrong and nothing worked... If anyone wants to create the clothing and hair from my renders they have my full permission tho.
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    This would be so cool!
    Someone may have already said it, but I'd totally make Kelly and Yorkie from Black Mirror- San Junipero.
    Heck, I could make a whole San Junipero!
    Anywho, great concepts! :)
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
    edited February 2019
    deleted
    Music Fan
    tumblr_pncuz39Ox01tcw5z8o1_r3_1280.png
    tumblr_pncuz39Ox01tcw5z8o2_r3_1280.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would buy this pack reminds me of the retro stuff pack from TS3
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • SynthWarriorSynthWarrior Posts: 12 New Member
    Excellent renders, very professional.
    I love the 80's(The Music, clothes, haircuts), the fashion that was originally used or the one popularized thanks to series, movies, etc.
    Recently I started using Blender, ZBrush and others again. Would it bother you if I use your renders to make 3D models? I can not promise much(since lately I'm quite busy), but if I see that I have time, I will do something.
  • SynthWarriorSynthWarrior Posts: 12 New Member
    If I ask even when an author gives permission, I don't know, it is the rare mania to always ask for it in case of doubts xD
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    It's a really cool concept! I'm surprised they didn't go for an 80's theme with StrangerVille (because Stranger Things and all).

They came up with an 80's concept back when they did the community voted stuff pack. Arcade Stuff was really reminiscent of the 80's. We actually did get that one outfit with Get Famous. Maybe they could bring back some of these concepts in an 80's pack?

ea-blog-image-bcd-ts4-laundry-16x9-1.jpg.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Arcade-2.jpg

Excellent renders, very professional.
    I love the 80's(The Music, clothes, haircuts), the fashion that was originally used or the one popularized thanks to series, movies, etc.
    Recently I started using Blender, ZBrush and others again. Would it bother you if I use your renders to make 3D models? I can not promise much(since lately I'm quite busy), but if I see that I have time, I will do something.

Yes of course you have my full permission! I'm not that skilled in creating objects and clothing so i'm 100% open to anyone who wants to create my renders
    ctthomas wrote: »
    It's a really cool concept! I'm surprised they didn't go for an 80's theme with StrangerVille (because Stranger Things and all).

They came up with an 80's concept back when they did the community voted stuff pack. Arcade Stuff was really reminiscent of the 80's. We actually did get that one outfit with Get Famous. Maybe they could bring back some of these concepts in an 80's pack?

ea-blog-image-bcd-ts4-laundry-16x9-1.jpg.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Arcade-2.jpg

I'm going to use these sketches for more ideas for renders, thank you for posting it!
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    This is such a great idea! I love the 80s too ✨👏
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @paradiseplanet Exactly!! We need things that look like they're from back then, this is such a cool concept. 70s would have rockin' outfits 🎈
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    Will this be released?
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Will this be released?

Some of these items look like they've repurposed for Get Famous; especially one of the female vest outfits.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    The 80s pack of TS3 is one of my few happy memories of that game. I love the 80s as a decade as well. The music, the movies, the fashion from The Lost Boys, Uncle Buck and the Breakfast Club. I think an 80s stuff pack would be perfect!
    HSau :)
  • LoverKoalas23LoverKoalas23 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ctthomas said:
    > It's a really cool concept! I'm surprised they didn't go for an 80's theme with StrangerVille (because Stranger Things and all).
    >
    > They came up with an 80's concept back when they did the community voted stuff pack. Arcade Stuff was really reminiscent of the 80's. We actually did get that one outfit with Get Famous. Maybe they could bring back some of these concepts in an 80's pack?

That clothing looked so coool!!! I kinda regret voting for laundry day 🐸🐸🐸🐸!, I hope they still use the idea to create a 80s pack. PLEASE EA I NEED IT.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    tumblr_pooz9mez1N1rs9l6ao1_640.jpg

OMG! Those 3 hairstyles are everything i wanted them to add to male CAS. I mean, i lvoe the regular man stuff, but everything looks to much equal to one another, specially the soccer player hairstyles that they have overdone.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Wow! Well done! You make me want to explore that weird era. It spooks me, even today.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Will this be released?

Some of these items look like they've repurposed for Get Famous; especially one of the female vest outfits.

Its just concept ideas, it won't be released
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top