Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2019
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Having checked out a video .
    Spoiler tag this, that first sentence is a spoiler 😟
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited February 2019
    Having checked out a video of the final boss fight...that was a pretty neat group activity. As someone who tells various stories with my sims, I can appreciate this on some level...but not enough for me to want this pack. The boss fight was pretty much the only fun looking thing about this "story" everything else is fairly linear, boring, and not worth going through more than once.
    And the last thing a sims game should ever have is a lack of variety and replay value. I've never been a fan of being told how I'm supposed to play my sims game. Which is why I never got into any of those Life Stories spin-offs in TS2.

But thems the breaks when the devs have their own stories they like to push, I guess. Here's hoping it's not a whole year before the next game pack.
    Spoiler tag this, that first sentence is a spoiler 😟

Thanks was going to say the same thing 😔.

[Edited by EA_Mai: adding spoiler tags to the quote]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I don't think they play test builds
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    I'd hardly count that as a spoiler when the thing is right there at the end of the trailer, but okay. Edited.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited February 2019
    @EA_Rtas @EA_Mai Can someone edit the spoiler in this thread please?

ETA: Thanks, @Aquarius94 .
    #Team Occult
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I found out the trait is paranoid but the video I watched didn't show it in detail. Anyone know the description for the trait?

"Paranoid Sims feel that danger is around every corner, and that people are always talking about them. Paranoid Sims feel a sense of security while hanging out in basements."
    This just reminds me of toddler stuff and play date, when are the npc have toddler, but no way to meet the npc parents to have a playdate without going over to their house and that is if they live in one.
    Toddler stuff in a community lot should spawn them. There should also be a new social meet the rest of the family.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I'd hardly count that as a spoiler when the thing is right there at the end of the trailer, but okay. Edited.

Yeah, hard to figure out spoilers at times, so I just keep my mouth shut at times. Hard to fix yours when someone else already quoted you and theirs is not fixed? I don't know much about this stuff though :D
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ok, the new trait is something i can easily work with. definitely being used for the conspiracy theorist i'd mentioned in another thread. and he's likely going to be replacing the one that i think is already in the game (the one in the bunker simsie pointed out can't use its counters) though was already plotting on editing that before saw the kitchen issue (again, i'm waiting for one playthrough of the events before i change anything major, just to see if there's something in the individual lots. in this bunker's case, i'll move the fruit bowl over, though...)

as for the rest, i agree with several others in the thread here. they spent so much time working on the world itself that they likely had to scramble with the builds (plus, they know more than a few people just outright bulldoze those anyway because of the gallery). i can live with the nearly empty rooms, the 'bad basegame house' and such. because most of them won't last very long in my game. though the builds on the upper area, i agree with her on the overall looks of the houses, so might keep the shells and try my hand at doing work on the interiors
    Yes, if someone quote you about spoiler it should udate their quote too when you add the spoiler tags.

edited February 2019
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Yes, if someone quote you about spoiler it should udate their quote too when you add the spoiler tags.

It didn't change the quoter, which is @Goldmoldar ). I refreshed my page also, no change. Oh well, I probably need to restart. Let me know if his shows as changed also?

Edit: maybe its because no spoiler tags were added, only changed a few words so that may be why it didn't change in the quoted one?
    edited February 2019
    I am watching a video and ROFL. I don't think I will invite the "Welcome to the Neighborhood" neighbors in :D
    They contaminated the fridge, and it was taken
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Have you guys heard the music yet? I am so into it!

https://youtu.be/ZTlENVFEvhE
    #Team Occult
    i'm saddened to hear that none of the new cacti and other plants used in the world seem to actually be available in the catalogue. that seems like a bit of an oversight to me, alas. (even with buydebug turned on, which i'll avoid doing at first for all the spoilery things in it)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited February 2019
    I, too, don't see the big deal about reusing a house from another pack, especially since it fits in so well.
    And all the rooms are "functional", they just didn't fill the houses with a ton of furniture so it would be "lighter" size-wise to ship. It is a GP not an EP after all. Obviously it was easy for her to move a few pieces of furniture. I already have plans to redecorate those houses. And if a house has no sims living in it, it doesn't need furniture yet. Have you ever moved into a new place that still had someone else's furniture?

I watched a couple of videos and the world is so beautiful. Plus there is a ton of build/buy stuff. I think everyone will be pleased with those two areas.
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I assumed that they did the rooms like that to fit with the "strangeness" of the town. I didn't think it was a big deal either considering the fact that we got a huge and beautiful world with a GP! Okay maybe not huge but...it's definitely not small like the vampire town. I feel like people were just trying to find something to dislike maybe.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I assumed that they did the rooms like that to fit with the "strangeness" of the town. I didn't think it was a big deal either considering the fact that we got a huge and beautiful world with a GP! Okay maybe not huge but...it's definitely not small like the vampire town. I feel like people were just trying to find something to dislike maybe.

I agree. It, lot-wise, is as big as the Get Famous EP.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh man. I was just watching Simproved's build/buy and I'm so, so, so psyched! Some of it could go well with the Vampires build/buy and then there's some shadier stuff that makes me very happy.

Exactly what I came to say. The CAS stuff wasn't anything I'm particularly interested in, but those build objects got my heart pumping.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited February 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm saddened to hear that none of the new cacti and other plants used in the world seem to actually be available in the catalogue. that seems like a bit of an oversight to me, alas. (even with buydebug turned on, which i'll avoid doing at first for all the spoilery things in it)

I don't understand either. It makes no sense.
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    It was the alien rabbits and they're after your carrots. Case solved.
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    made me think of Under the Dome for some reason.

Funny, my first thought was "Feed me, Seymour!"

• Br0seBr0se Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="soko37;c-16970268"][quote="BlueR0se;c-16969594"][quote="soko37;c-16969006"][quote="KaiSama;c-16968999"]so is this a sort of "story mode" type pack? or will it be like the other expansion packs? [/quote]

Its neither of those things. It's literally an RPG pack. So, no, not like any sim pack ever. It's not sims. Not sure what EA is thinking. [/quote]

It is "sims." Sims series has done things like this before, but this is the first time on a smaller scale and in the mainline series.

Also, you can avoid the story and just do regular sim stuff. So it's not exclusively a RPG pack. [/quote]

No. From what I've heard this has NEVER been done before. I'm fine with having options to turn things off IF it's not the entire idea of a pack that I'm buying. I've been watching a little gameplay and browsing content and so far I dont see anything compelling me to buy this. Just not my style pack, but I still love sims 4. I've been mostly happy with what they have put out. [/quote]

It was done in a "Sim Stories" series during the Sims 2 era and the "Sims Medieval" series. Also, technically Sims 3 World Adventures as well since the puzzles themselves were quite linear and story oriented.
    Sometimes it takes a while for indirect quotes to realize you changed or edited your original post. Also it won't change a quote within a quote. However, I love mysteries and love this pack hope I don't have to join the military to participate in the story. All my sims right now have their own careers. I would like to infect Oasis Springs and keep that town like that until it snows there.

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    How are some people not atleast bothered by the fact that they reused a house from the base game? People are paying for the GP, and sure they might not be paying for that alone but they are paying for GP with a new world hoping to see a new layout. Not something that shipped 4 years ago. “It’s fits” there isn’t an excuse either, one of the gamechangers built a similar home with the same exterior design but with a different layout in 15 minutes. Some of the builds look extremely spacious and rushed. There’s a bathroom with a ARCH🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ The mansion having one toilet in Get Famous, seems to have been only the peak of the problem.
    and see, i'm on the other side of that. how can people be bothered that an empty house that 9/10 of players are going to bulldoze anyway is basically a base game gallery download (seriously, search the gallery for base game house builds. quite a few are literally just uploading preexisting maxis lots to the gallery) where those '15 minutes' to make a 'new, better' one were put to better use in the uneditable parts of the world

but those of you complaining about this should check out the simsupply youtube channel, if you haven't already. he's slowly working on a series of 'player vs developer' videos alongside one of the gurus with said guru actually working on learning to build houses in ways the players do (said guru admitted he was one of the people in charge of one of the get famous lots without toilets). so, it's a work in process and they are (or at least one is) slowly learning...

then again, i'm sure once they get into the building end of things like some simmers want, it'll be back to "why are they focusing on building these houses when they should be focusing on the world" because you can't please people
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top