Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• SimmerSis123SimmerSis123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Awww I'm So Excited For A Mystery And Military Jobs! Haven't Seen Any Of These Things Since The Sims 3!!!(TS3 Pets?)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    KaiSama wrote: »
    so is this a sort of "story mode" type pack? or will it be like the other expansion packs?

In some sense this is an GP but I do not remember getting an Neighborhood with an GP and only with an EP however My memory fails me. This pack serves an dual role it presents an mystery one has to complete and then you can turn off part of the pack but beyond that it is like any other GP if I am not mistaken.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    What it is
    get famous did a Easter egg as part of the acting career in the trailer.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like some of the cas items, mostly the hairs. And I like the build/buy, especially the victorian styled items. I'm disappointed that we didn't get any new counters and that the laptops can only be used on a table.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Devs, you should be more careful about the game sometimes lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTg9sSQey2I
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2019

Yeaah, they should really get better with the pre-made houses. They went from Brindleton Bay (which I think has some really nice pre-made houses) to this? Weird stuff.

Oh wow, literally copied a base game house? I know that a lot of players don't care about the pre-made lots and destroy them very quickly, but some players like me never really want to get rid of them. And having that there like that is really lazy too.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Yeaah, they should really get better with the pre-made houses. They went from Brindleton Bay (which I think has some really nice pre-made houses) to this? Weird stuff.

Oh wow, literally copied a base game house? I know that a lot of players don't care about the pre-made lots and destroy them very quickly, but some players like me never really want to get rid of them. And having that there like that is really lazy too.

I totally agree.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    edited February 2019
    Loool they used the same house from the base game and touched it up a little, that is pure laziness. That’s something I, would do since I have no building skill whatsoever
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »
    so is this a sort of "story mode" type pack? or will it be like the other expansion packs?

Its neither of those things. It's literally an RPG pack. So, no, not like any sim pack ever. It's not sims. Not sure what EA is thinking.

It is "sims." Sims series has done things like this before, but this is the first time on a smaller scale and in the mainline series.

Also, you can avoid the story and just do regular sim stuff. So it's not exclusively a RPG pack.

No. From what I've heard this has NEVER been done before. I'm fine with having options to turn things off IF it's not the entire idea of a pack that I'm buying. I've been watching a little gameplay and browsing content and so far I dont see anything compelling me to buy this. Just not my style pack, but I still love sims 4. I've been mostly happy with what they have put out.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I really want to get this strangeville pack but I’m scared to see sims so creepy looking

Really? It looks silly, not scary. Although, if I was playing and saw characters I made that I am close with walking like this, that would creep me out and also 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off lol.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

I liked that she pointed this out. It's strange to me that they don't seem to have some sort of 'quality' control or as Kyla mentioned play test their lots. It really appears lousy. The world is beautiful (imo, I was plesantly surprised since I hate Oasis Springs) but then they throw trash looking pre-builts in there. And SimGuruNinja said that they care more than ever about making interesting builds (about the home styled to look like a trailer) yet then they go an copy over a base game build. Hope they put more effort into their builds in future packs.... other than that I still like the look and feel of StrangerVille from what I've seen so far
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2019

-face palm- That's wow......Thanks for sharing :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Oh man. I was just watching Simproved's build/buy and I'm so, so, so psyched! Some of it could go well with the Vampires build/buy and then there's some shadier stuff that makes me very happy. (Trying not to be too specific just in case of any kind of spoilers.)

I also checked out the CAS stuff and I really like the new and different styles! A lot of it isn't something I would have asked for, but I already have ideas to put some of it to use, haha.

But the best thing in CAS...NEW TRAIT! Omg, I can't wait to use it!
    #Team Occult
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I dont see the outrage over a starter house being reused. It's something that is very common in the real world and easily changed/replaced in game.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Those things Lilsimsie pointed out are quite... curious, to say the least (copied houses... non-functional rooms... archways leading into bathrooms??), but personally, they don't bother me all too much. I usually renovate or completely replace premade lots anyway, and that we can easily do as players, whereas we cannot edit the world. So if the developers spent more time building the world at the cost of the quality of the premade houses, I can live with that more than the other way around. Still odd, however, when I remember how beautiful both the world and the houses of Selvadorada were.

Anyway, that aside, I watched an early access video of the world, and I'm totally blown away by how beautiful it is! Despite being another desert world, it doesn't look like Oasis Springs at all (then again, no two neighbourhoods in Oasis Springs itself look alike, so I never understood that complaint anyway), and if there's strange things going on on a daily basis, all the better! Can't wait to finally explore it for myself, I've made two families in the meantime that I'm going to move there.
    Drakos wrote: »
    I dont see the outrage over a starter house being reused. It's something that is very common in the real world and easily changed/replaced in game.

I agree. It doesn't bother me at all, I can always change it to my needs. I also pretty much have the opposite play style and opinions of Lil Simsie most of the time so I don't concern myself. But in a way, I do see her point. When she can make a house in fifteen minutes, it does prove that a new build could have, and probably should have, been put on that lot. I can't deny that, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

if most of the pack is focused on the world, you would expect effort to be put into it. They definitely put more effort into worlds in previous sims games.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2019
    The world is way beyond my expectations. The lower neighbourhood has got so much characteristic with it's special builds. One thing I noticed about the upper neighbourhood is that there doesn't seem to be any deco building? So that's basically free hands with what style you want to have there. Loving it. The base game house and kitchen not working are... bad. Makes me think they had to rush at some point. But like @GrumpyGlowfish said I'd rather have a nice world as this build stuff is easily fixed.

I need to go back to find out what the trait is.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2019
    I love the way the world looks and the views I've seen so far. I might leave the premade houses or not depending on the save game I'm playing it out in. I'm not concerned about a premade house, it's better than I can make for the most part and there will be plenty to chose from as replacements soon enough, not that I will bother replacing it if it's functional and fits how I see the town. I think there is a lot more to be focused on than .. that.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I agree. It doesn't bother me at all, I can always change it to my needs. I also pretty much have the opposite play style and opinions of Lil Simsie most of the time so I don't concern myself. But in a way, I do see her point. When she can make a house in fifteen minutes, it does prove that a new build could have, and probably should have, been put on that lot. I can't deny that, lol.

True enough I guess, but easily fixed IMO. If we didnt have build tools and a gallery it would be a bigger issue.
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Its neither of those things. It's literally an RPG pack. So, no, not like any sim pack ever. It's not sims. Not sure what EA is thinking.

It is "sims." Sims series has done things like this before, but this is the first time on a smaller scale and in the mainline series.

Also, you can avoid the story and just do regular sim stuff. So it's not exclusively a RPG pack.

No. From what I've heard this has NEVER been done before. I'm fine with having options to turn things off IF it's not the entire idea of a pack that I'm buying. I've been watching a little gameplay and browsing content and so far I dont see anything compelling me to buy this. Just not my style pack, but I still love sims 4. I've been mostly happy with what they have put out.

It has but in an different manner and was done seperate from Sims 2 main game and there were three versions; Sims 2 Pets, Sims 2 Castaway and Sims 2 Life Stories there could not be used in conjunction with Sims 2 itself and when you finished the story it had it went into sandbox mode but it was not as robust as Sims 2 and I called it Sims 2 Lite.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2019
    Having checked out a video of the final you-know-what...that was a pretty neat group activity. As someone who tells various stories with my sims, I can appreciate this on some level...but not enough for me to want this pack. The boss fight was pretty much the only fun looking thing about this "story" everything else is fairly linear, boring, and not worth going through more than once.
    And the last thing a sims game should ever have is a lack of variety and replay value. I've never been a fan of being told how I'm supposed to play my sims game. Which is why I never got into any of those Life Stories spin-offs in TS2.

But thems the breaks when the devs have their own stories they like to push, I guess. Here's hoping it's not a whole year before the next game pack.

[Edited by EA_Mai: adding spoiler tags - better safe than sorry!]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    LiELF wrote: »

True enough I guess, but easily fixed IMO. If we didnt have build tools and a gallery it would be a bigger issue.

Definitely.

Hey, maybe the devs should start taking some builds from Game Changers to use in some of their releases. I wonder if there could be a way to give them early (as in, a couple of weeks) access packages that contain a handful of new build items with guidelines on the builds they need and a deadline to turn them in. I don't know if they would, but it could be kind of cool. The Game Changers make some great builds.
    #Team Occult
    edited February 2019
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Having checked out a video of the final boss fight...that was a pretty neat group activity. As someone who tells various stories with my sims, I can appreciate this on some level...but not enough for me to want this pack. The boss fight was pretty much the only fun looking thing about this "story" everything else is fairly linear, boring, and not worth going through more than once.
    And the last thing a sims game should ever have is a lack of variety and replay value. I've never been a fan of being told how I'm supposed to play my sims game. Which is why I never got into any of those Life Stories spin-offs in TS2.

But thems the breaks when the devs have their own stories they like to push, I guess. Here's hoping it's not a whole year before the next game pack.

I agree and the way they did it back with Sims 2 I liked the way they did it the spinoffs never interfered with the main game and it did not have items or anything special in the programs that I would miss out on with the main program unlike Strangerville which is part of the main program and if you do not buy the pack you miss out on stuff as you did with My First Pet as well. If I never brought the pack it is not enough to make me miss something I rather wait for that half off sale and then I may see some value in buying it but at full price, No.

[Edited by EA_Mai: just adding spoiler tags in the quote]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I found out the trait is paranoid but the video I watched didn't show it in detail. Anyone know the description for the trait?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top