Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ŞŦŘΔŇǤ€ŘVƗŁŁ€ Ω/Δ (Contains Spoilers - Enter at own risk)

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    If there is a new skill, is it 5 or 10 levels?

Can the laptop be used to write books and order things like crystals, repair parts etc?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Also meant to ask, have you seen townie sims autonomously use laptops at all around town?

I would imagine specifically at library and cafes would be nice.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Do laptops break in the rain?

What gameplay objects are included in the pack?

Any new "normal" interactions that are unrelated to the story?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I've answered all the questions that have been asked except those last two posts. Need to take care of some other stuff. I'll be back for those later.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Thanks a lot for the infos! I find this one part a bit disappointing
    "Going to give this a loud and clear Jein (Yes/No put together in german). There aren’t bunkers as such but there’s something that I don’t want to spoil at all. It doesn’t have anything to do with the military career (it’s probably more of a no though)"
    because I clicked the buttons to do get spoiled, but guess I'll have to peek at other people's videos then ;) Guess it's a story spoiler?

Besides that I'm really disappointed that there are only two meshes for the laptops and that we can only use them on a desk.
    Thanks a lot for the infos! I find this one part a bit disappointing
    "Going to give this a loud and clear Jein (Yes/No put together in german). There aren’t bunkers as such but there’s something that I don’t want to spoil at all. It doesn’t have anything to do with the military career (it’s probably more of a no though)"
    because I clicked the buttons to do get spoiled, but guess I'll have to peek at other people's videos then ;) Guess it's a story spoiler?

Besides that I'm really disappointed that there are only two meshes for the laptops and that we can only use them on a desk.

It's not really a story spoiler, just something that was really unexpected for me and I don't want to ruin it. You might no even know what I'm referring to after you know :D

It's just one mesh really. The other just gives different stats.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

Also meant to ask, have you seen townie sims autonomously use laptops at all around town?

Think I can answer this here: I assume they will if you place them. I doubt they'll use them from inventory autonomously. I can find out though.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Thank you so much for doing this!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Answered that on the list.
    AHQ Tutorial

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Questions & Answers

[*] Can you turn off the "strangeness" completely or do you have to play some of the story first?
    I’m unsure if there’s cheats that allow you to do that, but via normal gameplay, to remove the strangeness completely, you have to play the story
    • Looks like there’s a moderate amount of infected Sims around town all the time if you don’t engage in the story as well as plants but that’s about it.

PLUM. Well, thanks for confirming my worst fears about this pack, crinrict. You've saved me $20, Unbelievable.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Do laptops break in the rain?

What gameplay objects are included in the pack?

Any new "normal" interactions that are unrelated to the story?

Answered 1 and 3 on the list

for 2: There's a general overview on the second post for more details, please refer to buy/build mode overviews from other GC.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2019
    Questions & Answers

[*] Can you turn off the "strangeness" completely or do you have to play some of the story first?
    I’m unsure if there’s cheats that allow you to do that, but via normal gameplay, to remove the strangeness completely, you have to play the story
    • Looks like there’s a moderate amount of infected Sims around town all the time if you don’t engage in the story as well as plants but that’s about it.

PLUM. Well, thanks for confirming my worst fears about this pack, crinrict. You've saved me $20, Unbelievable.
    I've heard there ARE cheats, it's not confirmed yet though so I'm holding out on saying that for sure. Also, if you live in StrangeVille, you'll have more touching points with the infected Sims, if you just visit, I find it very unobtrusive.

Here's a picture of the world when you first enter. The plants don't get bigger or more if you don't engage

World.jpg

AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2019
    Doesn't seem like this pack has much at all. I'm disapointed there's not even a new skill. It's cool that sims can spar but it looks as if it's less detailed than what we had in TS3 with the dummie, different outfits for the different levels, the breaking board, challenging others in duels, and the fact that it was an actual separate skill. The laptops seem like a reskin of a normal computer that can be put in the inventory, also disappointing.

I might actually skip this GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Doesn't seem like this back has much at all. I'm disapointed there's not even a new skill. It's cool that sims can spar but it looks as if it's less detailed than what we had in TS3 with the dummie, different outfits for the different levels the board, and the fact that it was an actual separate skill. The laptops seem like a reskin of a normal computer that can be put in the inventory, also disappointing.

I'm not going to say that the pack isn't mostly about the story. So if you don't care for the story and don't need another world (I find the world stunning), yeah, the pack might not be for you. Maybe pick it up for the world when it's on sale :D
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2019
    Doesn't seem like this back has much at all. I'm disapointed there's not even a new skill. It's cool that sims can spar but it looks as if it's less detailed than what we had in TS3 with the dummie, different outfits for the different levels the board, and the fact that it was an actual separate skill. The laptops seem like a reskin of a normal computer that can be put in the inventory, also disappointing.

I'm not going to say that the pack isn't mostly about the story. So if you don't care for the story and don't need another world (I find the world stunning), yeah, the pack might not be for you. Maybe pick it up for the world when it's on sale :D

Yup! I'll wait for a sale. I don't play the sims for a story, as good as it might be, I want more features to play with and this has none it seems.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited February 2019
    Can children help solve the mystery or is it only for adults?

Is there any cas items for toddlers?
    Can children help solve the mystery or is it only for adults?

Is there any cas items for toddlers?
    It doesn't look like it. I tried with mine and they didn't get the necessary interactions. I haven't tried teens. Children will also not get infected. Teens do.

No CAS items for toddlers.
    AHQ Tutorial

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ah! I need to fix up my conspiracy guy with that new trait!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Regarding the story/endings
    Can you only "defeat" the big bad or can you "play evil" and promote the sickness/spread of the possession/strangeness. And the story promptly recognizes this "path."
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Cannot wait to give the new trait to my vampires! Is there a "low tech" option for the training dummy?
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Regarding the story/endings
    Can you only "defeat" the big bad or can you "play evil" and promote the sickness/spread of the possession/strangeness. And the story promptly recognizes this "path."
    I haven't tried, but I kinda doubt it. It's pretty linear except on how you obtain some stuff.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2019
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Cannot wait to give the new trait to my vampires! Is there a "low tech" option for the training dummy?

Could you elaborate for me what you mean by low tech ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Can laptops be closed or are they always open?
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I was wondering if there is an option that looks similar to the dummy in 3. Just wood with no lights.
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Can laptops be closed or are they always open?

It's always open. Shows open the inventory even ...
    AHQ Tutorial