Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aside from...

I think it's safe to say University EP, Witches GP, Farming EP/GP, Werewolves GP, and Romance GP seem to be what the simmers on this forum want the most. But aside from those packs, what other packs do you hope we'll get before the end of TS4's run?

I want something centered around music; more instruments, the ability to make bands, collab with other sims on songs, etc. It would tie in nicely with Get Famous
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I’d like a pack that comes with a variety of hobbies. I never really played it, but I believe what I’m thinking of would be a similar idea to Sims 2: FreeTime.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If we do get University I'd like to see a pack that improves education for children and teens. I like the much maligned My First Pet because children can study the caged animals and that counts as the day's homework. I'd like to see more homework options than just studying a book. I'd also like to see homeschooling or "study from home" options similar to the work from home careers. Those features could be added in a GP, but if we got an EP I'd like customizable high schools for teens; these would work similar to the club system where you choose a subject, other teens for fellow students, then an NPC instructor would be assigned. A customizable Education building (so it would be editable but couldn't bulldoze it) so people can add content -- for example if you have Dine Out you could add the chef station to the Culinary school section or the science lab gear to the science section. You could choose to follow your student to class or let them go alone, like the current active careers. Students could only access their chosen classroom, but there'd be a common area where they could socialize when they're not in class.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Those packs are definitely on my wishlist, especially werewolves and romance. I would also love more musical instruments (and singer and dancer careers), particularly smaller pianos similar to the organ because the ones we have take up SO much room. Perhaps a hobby pack? I would love a tropical vacation pack, possibly with swimming or boats, and more stuff for babies, teens and elders. A car pack would be nice. I'm still waiting for exercise bikes too.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Is it only me or you forgot to put a Tropical Vacation GP in your list?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    A Hobbies GP that brings back Robotics skill with the ability to build playable robots / Servos and to upgrade them (The new robot occult has a gear around it's plumbob)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I’d like a pack that comes with a variety of hobbies. I never really played it, but I believe what I’m thinking of would be a similar idea to Sims 2: FreeTime.

Yes! I miss the sewing machine and pottery wheel. It would be amazing to have the game build upon the content we had in Sims 2. My favourite thing about the sewing machine was the clothing with the set of customisable patterns, like a mini prequel of CAP from Sims 3. I'd really love to have it back, with a little extra customisation of course. And how about a knitting skill so we can have sims make wearable scarves and hats, and perhaps even blankets that sims can wrap around themselves when watching tv or napping on the sofa? How about some more card and board games? Jewelry making would be fun too, and perhaps sims who enjoy hiking in Granite Falls could get some kind of benefit from that activity.

This time round I'd hope we'd be able to choose our own preferred hobby for played sims, so they make a beeline for the related item when they need to increase fun, rather than automatically going for a tv or computer if those items are available (unless one of those things is their preferred hobby, obviously). As per Sims 2, each sim would gain skill more quickly when working on their hobby, and if it involves making something, perhaps they'd make things more quickly too. It would also be a useful occasion to bring in a couple more sporting activities, some different musical instruments such as harps, flutes etc, that we've never had in the franchise. Herbalism, flower arranging, programming, all those activities would count as hobbies, and we could use Get Together to create hobby clubs even more effectively than we can now.

Finally, pursuit of a hobby, and perhaps adding some skill badges, would give sims who don't have the need or wish to work something productive to do with their time, especially retired sims.

I'd very much like witches but upon reflection, I think I might want this even more if it could work the way I'd like it to!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    There's so much I still want to see. I need a cars game pack devoted to them offering activities like repairing junk cars opening a dealer drive in movie theater and a make out spot for the teens. A vacation pack with ocean swimming and surfing and other activities like volleyball and sunbathing. Highschool with active classes and after school activities like football and cheerleading. A hobbies pack that can make our Sims more unique with things like skate boarding martial arts and sewing. Bands fully customizable be it outfits music type band members and instruments chosen. And last but not least a retail pack to improve on Get to Work which tried to much and did nothing right with things like changing rooms and actual clothing racks no one shops off the mannequin.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    A preschool or daycare pack. Sims could run their own daycare/preschool for a profit. Could be at a commerical lot or from their home.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 2019
    - Royalty EP (Like a modern-day sims medieval, with lots of scheming),

- Zombie Apocalypse/ living off-grid GP;

- Mermaids & Underwater swimming GP (or EP if it includes a tropical vacation),

- Deviancy GP (Urbz feel, grungy, police & burglars etc)

- A personality GP (Attraction system, more & improved traits, better enemies& reactions etc)
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Bands and a musician career as a gamepack would be amazing! This would include more instruments and venue types. It would intagrate well with get famous and get together. But I reckon it'll create drama that it should have been in get famous.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

- Zombie Apocalypse/ living off-grid GP;

- Mermaids & Underwater swimming GP (or EP if it includes a tropical vacation),

Yes I desperately need that mermaid underwater GP! Mermaids were done dirty in island paradise.

I like the royalty idea. I'm thinking of putting a royal family in my current save.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Freetime/Sports EP
    Vacations EP
    Daycare Business GP
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2019
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I want something centered around music; more instruments, the ability to make bands, collab with other sims on songs, etc. It would tie in nicely with Get Famous

@citysimmer I would love something like that + the other stuff we had in Sims 3 Showtime. Some people say its sims 3 version of Get Famous, but it focussed in more circus things like magicians, malabarism, etc... + music. There were no actual celebrities and acting in that.
    I also want a Freetime EP, with a hobbies system were depending on our sism traits they would lean towards like some stuff and hating others, they would be more succesful in the things they love, while they would fail if they didn't enjoy their jobs/hobbies.
    A Hobbies GP that brings back Robotics skill with the ability to build playable robots / Servos and to upgrade them (The new robot occult has a gear around it's plumbob)

@FreezerBunnyCowplant I would love if they were at least closer to being like Into the Future Robots + improvements. Would be could if our inventor sim could invent all the other stuff we had in Sims 3 Into The Future, like the dream bed to help with our sims emotions and skills, or the supersonic shower...

I like the royalty idea. I'm thinking of putting a royal family in my current save.

@Mariefoxprice83 I know this is random, but i found out about that yesterday, but the royal family from Hidden Springs is the richest family in all SIms games?! I didn't knew that, now i want to see them in Sims 4. haha My female sim needs to be the new Kate Middleton, would use the Get Famous to make full coverage of the marriage... hahahaha

@dreamprisoner Love that idea, sims 4 needs more mystery/dark/grungy stuff (and burglars).
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'd like a Sims Dystopia EP/GP/SP. Where you're dropped off via a time machine (a la Sims 3 Into the Future) into a terrifying future of grim and/or creepily happy robot overlords with horrifying emotional disorders terraforming the Sims neighborhoods into a Swiss cheese wedge of rabbit hole portals... and you must go back in time with a manifesto to figure out how to change the outcome of the Sims.
    edited February 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    @Mariefoxprice83 I know this is random, but i found out about that yesterday, but the royal family from Hidden Springs is the richest family in all SIms games?! I didn't knew that, now i want to see them in Sims 4. haha My female sim needs to be the new Kate Middleton, would use the Get Famous to make full coverage of the marriage... hahahaha

I don't even remember that family. I liked the prince character who owned a houseboat in Island Paradise though. I'll have to think about which branch of my current family should become royal. My game is currently in the golden age of piracy but will be entering the "Victorian" era very soon.

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I'd want a pack similar to The Sims 3 Generations. It would have things like proms, bachelor parties, funerals, bunk beds, mid-life crises, and more interactions for children, teens, and elders.