Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• SimsbiosisSimsbiosis Posts: 24 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 32. I've been playing since TS1 and currently playing TS2 and TS4. :)
    Killing Sims and building houses since 2000. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

firmaforosims.jpg

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    mika wrote: »
    I'm 21. I've been playing Sims since I was 13.

This is pretty much me. :p

Me 3
  • ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing The Sims in 2000, when I was in my late teens. I've owned every PC Sims game since then. I tried the console versions, but without cc, they weren't the same for me.
  • nessrockinnessrockin Posts: 3 New Member
    23! Started with sims 3, currently addicted to sims 4...
  • JenniferukJenniferuk Posts: 104 Member
    Early 50s and new to the Sims! How about that. Am I the oldest?
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am neither young nor old, but somewhere inbetween. I have played the Sims since Sims 1.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Jenniferuk wrote: »

No, you're definitely not. There are quite a few people in their 60's and 70's who play the game.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    If this discussion has taught me anything, it’s that I’m definitely not the youngest here like I suspected!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    im 32, im not sure if i perhaps played sims 1 at some point as a teenager, i remember playing the sims 2 one summer living on my own 200 miles away from family and friends on a work placement year for uni, but i think i was so tired each night after working outdoors all day that i didnt have the energy to play. Then i was back at uni and well... way too busy studying!

A few years back i bought the sims 3 and island paradise expansion in amazon prime day, had some real fun with paradiso and managing some hotels. Then i got sims 4 about a year after it released and i think get together, outdoor retreat and spa day packs... had a bit of a break after playing for a while, then rediscovered the sims big time around a year ago and have been playing pretty heavily since then.

Ive had a really tough year healthwise and with some really major family health / social issues. I've now got 4 life threatening health conditions and they have not been under control the past 12 months, i've been in and out of hospital and spent an awful lot of time too sick to do anything productive with my time. Then my dad had a catastrauphic stroke in september that the drs are surprised he survived, but has left him severely brain damaged and paralysed down one side. After many months he has finally left hospital and gone to live in a care home. He will never come home (at 63) and we are loosing our house, all my care arangements have to change, finances are awful, and the Dad i knew all my life, my mum's husband of 40yrs is totally gone- so basically, my life is falling apart around me and my because body cannot cope with stress (because i dont produce any stress hormone- too much stress can literally kill me) i have been getting quite seriously unwell in recent weeks. The drs have been trying to encourage me to engage with some distracting activities that help reduce my stress levels and the sims has been perfect for that. I've gone from owning a couple of packs this time last year to owning all of them- and im really enjoying using them all.

Right now the sims is the thing that keeps me sane, keeps me calm and keeps me alive. I can immerse myself in game play, planning my ideal save file, watching twitch streams and youtube videos and reading the forums (and now posting on them). If i didnt have the sims to retreat to when the real world is too much for me to handle i honestly dont know what i would do. Im really looking forward to playing with the new pack- sending my sim on a trip to solve a mystery sounds like just what the Dr has ordered!
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my early 30's and have always loved the sims since it very first came out. I had the sims 1 from when it came out

My cousin and I used to play the sims on playstation and we would laugh at all the stuff they did!

Best game ever and so many memories :)
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    im 32, im not sure if i perhaps played sims 1 at some point as a teenager, i remember playing the sims 2 one summer living on my own 200 miles away from family and friends on a work placement year for uni, but i think i was so tired each night after working outdoors all day that i didnt have the energy to play. Then i was back at uni and well... way too busy studying!

A few years back i bought the sims 3 and island paradise expansion in amazon prime day, had some real fun with paradiso and managing some hotels. Then i got sims 4 about a year after it released and i think get together, outdoor retreat and spa day packs... had a bit of a break after playing for a while, then rediscovered the sims big time around a year ago and have been playing pretty heavily since then.

Ive had a really tough year healthwise and with some really major family health / social issues. I've now got 4 life threatening health conditions and they have not been under control the past 12 months, i've been in and out of hospital and spent an awful lot of time too sick to do anything productive with my time. Then my dad had a catastrauphic stroke in september that the drs are surprised he survived, but has left him severely brain damaged and paralysed down one side. After many months he has finally left hospital and gone to live in a care home. He will never come home (at 63) and we are loosing our house, all my care arangements have to change, finances are awful, and the Dad i knew all my life, my mum's husband of 40yrs is totally gone- so basically, my life is falling apart around me and my because body cannot cope with stress (because i dont produce any stress hormone- too much stress can literally kill me) i have been getting quite seriously unwell in recent weeks. The drs have been trying to encourage me to engage with some distracting activities that help reduce my stress levels and the sims has been perfect for that. I've gone from owning a couple of packs this time last year to owning all of them- and im really enjoying using them all.

Right now the sims is the thing that keeps me sane, keeps me calm and keeps me alive. I can immerse myself in game play, planning my ideal save file, watching twitch streams and youtube videos and reading the forums (and now posting on them). If i didnt have the sims to retreat to when the real world is too much for me to handle i honestly dont know what i would do. Im really looking forward to playing with the new pack- sending my sim on a trip to solve a mystery sounds like just what the Dr has ordered!

@annaelephant I'm so sorry to hear that...that seems so rough. I'm glad that The Sims is helping you through this difficult time. It has helped me deal with difficulties and my anxiety, too. I've been repeatedly failing my driver's tests and struggling to get a job the last year. My mom and brother have also been diagnosed with several life-threatening diseases the last year. It's been rough. Now, I'm almost 22 and don't have a licence or a job and there are times where I wanted to give up on life, but playing The Sims calms me down and gives me hope for the next day. My situation is not nearly as bad as yours, though. I truly hope that things will get better for you - just hang in there and have faith. ❤
    phULnBI.png
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited February 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    My husband bought me the Sims 2 right after we got married. Now I'm playing the game with my 2 young daughters.

I'm 40
    Post edited by imhappy on
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Wow I love this! Sometimes I get a bit embarrassed because I feel like I’m too old to play but I’m just as addicted as I was with the sims deluxe lmao! I remember all my friends in the neighborhood would come to my house and I’d have to sit and watch them play.
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    20-39 Years of Age

@annaelephant I'm so sorry to hear that...that seems so rough. I'm glad that The Sims is helping you through this difficult time. It has helped me deal with difficulties and my anxiety, too. I've been repeatedly failing my driver's tests and struggling to get a job the last year. My mom and brother have also been diagnosed with several life-threatening diseases the last year. It's been rough. Now, I'm almost 22 and don't have a licence or a job and there are times where I wanted to give up on life, but playing The Sims calms me down and gives me hope for the next day. My situation is not nearly as bad as yours, though. I truly hope that things will get better for you - just hang in there and have faith. ❤

Thanks @divanthesimmer Im sorry to hear that you too have been struggling. Thank you for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. Since i increased the tablets i take to replace my stress hormone (cortisol) i have started to feel calmer, and my organs seem to have stopped malfunctioning which is a bonus! I sometimes feel like a helpless burden, but my Mum is helping me to see that i am a big help to her emotionally, so that makes me feel a little more useful!

I'm a big believer that you can't compare people's struggles- we each have our own problems and those problems can be as big or as small to us as they want to be, regardless of what someone else just happens to be going through at the same time- we have no power to control how much something upsets our life just because someone else has bigger things to deal with, if you see what i mean. I get sad when my friends wont share their worries with me because they think they are insignificant compared to mine... truth be told i want to hear about how they have a cold and are struggling to cope with pressure from work. Its nice to know im not the only person struggling sometimes, and just because i have my own woes doesnt mean i dont want to support them through their's too. In all honestly... its quite nice to talk about normal worries too, escape my world of crazy for a few minutes!!!! My saying has become "never apologise for having woes that arnt as big as mine- its not a competition!".

Anyway, Im really glad to hear that you too have found some solace in playing the sims- i look forward to my time at the end of each day where i can settle down on my own and step in to my world where i control everything. In a life where i feel like ive lost control over anything and everything it is a welcome relief and good way to calm down i guess. I turn off aging and then i can play the game at my own pace and age people up when IM ready. What kind of game play do you play? i've had a few characters/families that i tend to play pretty intensively for months on end until i get bored or a new pack comes out and i want to start out a new scenario, but now im increasingly wanting to start a save file with different families across the worlds and play them rotationally, and am enjoying thinking about and planning the different lots and characters i can create.

I really hope that things improve for you soon, keep plugging away with the driving lessons and your confidence will grow, the same with job's, the right one is out there for you somewhere, you just havent found it yet! In the mean time we can both look forwards to tomorrows Sim session to bring a little light to our lives' xxx
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    60+
    Some of you grew up playing the sims. I have grown old playing it. I was already 47 when it came out and it was like I had been waiting my whole life for this game. I have told my kids I want to die sitting in front of the computer playing the sims. They are gamers too so they understand.
  • fluffykinsfluffykins Posts: 37 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    26! The sims franchise released when I was becoming a teen so it makes sense that there are more players in the 20-36 age range.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Some of you grew up playing the sims. I have grown old playing it. I was already 47 when it came out and it was like I had been waiting my whole life for this game. I have told my kids I want to die sitting in front of the computer playing the sims. They are gamers too so they understand.

Yep. Not a bad way to go. ;)

I've been playing since my early teens (what a big difference the gaming industry has become looking through the eyes of a 25 year old compared to how it used to be back then), from 1-4, and only stopped if my PC literally pulled a 'nope' and blue screened on me or had to reinstall. There are break periods of course, I don't know anyone who wouldn't be bored playing this 24/7, but who knows, whatever floats your boat. I like to think of it as a fun experience (it isn't just a game for me, sorry) had for a couple hours and a relaxing coping method when stress becomes difficult to deal with. I suppose it's better than some alternatives which I won't mention here. At times, it's nice to step into an 'alternate universe' once in a while, I would think the same applies for a lot of forms of entertainment imo. Watching the series grow has been a interesting, and for the most part well invested, journey in itself. <3
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    > @mitchiebanjo said:
    > Some of you grew up playing the sims. I have grown old playing it. I was already 47 when it came out and it was like I had been waiting my whole life for this game. I have told my kids I want to die sitting in front of the computer playing the sims. They are gamers too so they understand.

The best way to go in my opinion! Actually any game really lol. I love all kinds of games and I hope I'm playing them until the day I die!
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Jenniferuk wrote: »

No, you're definitely not. There are quite a few people in their 60's and 70's who play the game.

You are quite right about that. I am 66 will be 67 this coming July. I have been playing the Sims since they first appeared in 2000. I don't think you are ever too old to play the Sims. I have played Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4. I love the Sims 3 that is my favorite game. I love the open feel to the game. There were just too many things missing from the Sims 4 for me to enjoy it. I even bought myself a gaming computer, 16gb just so I could play the Sims 3. When you have all those eps and downloads it takes it and a real good graphics card. I don't feel my age and I will keep on Simming as long as I can.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2019
    I didn't have an Atari until after I got married! In fact, I believe we already had our first two children!

I remember my husband and going to buy an Atari. I was so excited to get one. I am 60+ too and I have enjoyed the Sims since they first came out in 2000. I have played every series but the Sims 3 is my favorite. When I first bought the sims 1 I didn't know poop about it. My nephew who was 10 at the time showed me how to play it. Kids are so smart these days. The Sims is the best game ever created. Or at least I think so. Keep Simming people.
    Post edited by Starglitters9909 on
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
    20-39 Years of Age

Thanks @divanthesimmer Im sorry to hear that you too have been struggling. Thank you for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. Since i increased the tablets i take to replace my stress hormone (cortisol) i have started to feel calmer, and my organs seem to have stopped malfunctioning which is a bonus! I sometimes feel like a helpless burden, but my Mum is helping me to see that i am a big help to her emotionally, so that makes me feel a little more useful!

I'm a big believer that you can't compare people's struggles- we each have our own problems and those problems can be as big or as small to us as they want to be, regardless of what someone else just happens to be going through at the same time- we have no power to control how much something upsets our life just because someone else has bigger things to deal with, if you see what i mean. I get sad when my friends wont share their worries with me because they think they are insignificant compared to mine... truth be told i want to hear about how they have a cold and are struggling to cope with pressure from work. Its nice to know im not the only person struggling sometimes, and just because i have my own woes doesnt mean i dont want to support them through their's too. In all honestly... its quite nice to talk about normal worries too, escape my world of crazy for a few minutes!!!! My saying has become "never apologise for having woes that arnt as big as mine- its not a competition!".

Anyway, Im really glad to hear that you too have found some solace in playing the sims- i look forward to my time at the end of each day where i can settle down on my own and step in to my world where i control everything. In a life where i feel like ive lost control over anything and everything it is a welcome relief and good way to calm down i guess. I turn off aging and then i can play the game at my own pace and age people up when IM ready. What kind of game play do you play? i've had a few characters/families that i tend to play pretty intensively for months on end until i get bored or a new pack comes out and i want to start out a new scenario, but now im increasingly wanting to start a save file with different families across the worlds and play them rotationally, and am enjoying thinking about and planning the different lots and characters i can create.

I really hope that things improve for you soon, keep plugging away with the driving lessons and your confidence will grow, the same with job's, the right one is out there for you somewhere, you just havent found it yet! In the mean time we can both look forwards to tomorrows Sim session to bring a little light to our lives' xxx

@annaelephant Thank you so much for your very kind words. It's nice to know that everyone struggles sometimes and that you're not alone. I like to play different types of games. I play rotationally, legacy families, games based on challenges, etc. Sometimes, I have a save where I just mess around and cause total chaos, lol!
    phULnBI.png
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my twenties, old enough to have been playing since the very beginning. I started playing during 1 and it was love at first sight, 2 only cemented that it'd be a lifelong passion. I've had Sims during every stage of my life and I'm so grateful for it! I have a shoulder injury right now and need to rest so I'm keen to get back into it and relax. I have to say, I miss having as much time as I used to back when I was very young!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    29 here! Been playing since Sims 1 released. Sims is my happy place, I try and get a gaming session in every day.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 25, been playing since I was like 10 or 11. My first sims games were on the PS2 and GBA (Sims 1, Bustin' Out, The Urbz) and then I migrated to the PC versions in chronological order.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    All the 60+'s make me so happy to see! Each time I see one of these threads (there's been a few over the years) I start to feel a little out of place among the young people. :) I was in my early 20's when I was introduced to the Original The Sims title by my brother and have been a fan ever since so its nice to see that ages now range from very young to 60+!

So many people forget that our generations (40-65ish year olds), were brought up on computers and console games. My hubby and I are home-bodies and enjoy a good night in with the Sims. :) ...and its cheaper than dinner and a movie!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.