Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about video editing apps

Hi guys! I have a question about video editing apps for windows 10. I have tried a couple but don't seem to be able to work with the format of video capture of sims 4 or I cannot seem to add music to it. What are your recommendations for apps? I don't have much funds so free or low cost ones would be great

Comments

• ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    what are you using to record/ what is your format?
    I personally use vegas Movie studio I got from steam when it was on half price sale.
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    i use vegas. you have to pay for it but i found a free download on youtube lmao. also, maybe you should try OBS studio instead of the in-game capture.
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    Movie Studio as the other person suggested. Nothing special, but gets the job done.
  • DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    Don't use format of video capture of sims 4 - huge files of captured videos. Please, try OBS studio. It's easy to use. I recomended Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere + After Effect. You can try trial version (for 30 days or 7 - i don't remember).
  • Mzdm3nrMzdm3nr Posts: 6 New Member
    i use OBS, cant complain also user friendly. And Adobe Premiere is great to use for editing
  • Slayer_RoseSlayer_Rose Posts: 56 Member
    I'm currently using three programs - OBS for capturing my gameplay - Davinci so i can edit and speed up and then the windows photo edit app to put the sound on because I'm struggling to get it to work properly in Davinci.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    I use OBS for capturing and Filmora for editing. I'm not on Win 10 though, but I assume both would work. OBS is free, Filmora is not expensive and is a one time cost. Both are fairly easy to use.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Pcom77Pcom77 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm currently using OBS for in-game filming and Power Director for editing. I have used Movie Studio and Magix Movie Edit Pro in the past. Windows movie maker just doesn't cut it for certain situations.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Glad OP brought this up! If you use something like OBS to film in game, will that help with your FPS? Or No? I did a short little you tube video of my Sim dancing, although I think it's cute my Son thought it looked laggy or whatever, and I feel like that is due to low FPS, but I am no expert at all but would love to start doing some short videos for my you tube..wondering would OBS help?
  • Pcom77Pcom77 Posts: 34 Member
    Typically OBS can help the FPS, as long as you set it up properly. You should do a google search on how to set it up to film in the Sims 4, try to find specs that are closest to yours.