Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one? (CC)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    February11 wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »
    I'm too scared to add cc to my game. Clearly it's not a problem?
    Do you have problems with it?

I use a ton of CC. Always have since sims 2. Every once in awhile when there is a new update select CC will malfunction but it's such a super easy fix. You just got to sims studio and do a batch fix. The only real problems that arise come from mods. Mods are different than CC as they manipulate game play so if a mod malfunctions it can cause gameplay issues and then you have to figure out which mod it is and either update it or delete it from your folder. I've never had any severe issues that would ever cause me to not use them though. I dont know how people play without CC or mods. Once you use them you wont go back to vanilla lol. You will love it.

Other problems to watch out for. Some hair and clothing CC have meshes that if not downloaded will cause weird glitches like a sim walking around with only a head. Make sure to look if it needs a mesh or not.

:D

Thanks for the info. Does it help to remove the folder containing cc out of the EA folder before patching? I tend to do that with my saves folder before patching.
    Also, which is a safe site to get cc from?

They say to do that but I have never once done that and been fine. I do backup my game periodically. EA somehow turns off your cc and mods automatically before updates and you have to turn them back on.
    I only trust mods from modthesims. I can attest that its safe. Dont know about anywhere else. I use tons of CC from thesimsresource as well and they are trustworthy but they do not have mods only CC. They do have weird posing mods but that's it. I dont do the posing skins though.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For sims 1 and 2 i spent hours downloading cc. And CC didn't work well for me in sims 3 but for sims 4 I don't use it, yet. Some day I will. I do use the mcc to help with that horrible flirting with whomever whenever though. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    You probably aren't alone but that could never be me, I can't imagine looking through TSR for eight hours lol (though I don't use TSR in the first place)

I usually just check two sections of lana's (male clothing and male hair) maybe once every other week until I'm caught up and that's that

I do admit TSR has a lot of annoying ads, but after 8 hours you tend to get used to it lol!

I broke down and pay three dollars a month to get rid of all of that and I have never regretted it. You can just click once and boom it's in your basket without even leaving the browsing page. No ads and you can download hundreds of things with one click at the end. Amazing

I dont work there. Not promoting. Just an honest users opinion
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    You probably aren't alone but that could never be me, I can't imagine looking through TSR for eight hours lol (though I don't use TSR in the first place)

I usually just check two sections of lana's (male clothing and male hair) maybe once every other week until I'm caught up and that's that

I do admit TSR has a lot of annoying ads, but after 8 hours you tend to get used to it lol!

I broke down and pay three dollars a month to get rid of all of that and I have never regretted it. You can just click once and boom it's in your basket without even leaving the browsing page. No ads and you can download hundreds of things with one click at the end. Amazing

I dont work there. Not promoting. Just an honest users opinion

I keep wondering if I should break down and do that, but then again I am not sure if my interest for CC will stay for long to even put 4 dollars a month to it.
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I'm a CC-aholic. I have 6.41GB in my mods folder (579 files) and I just moved my Documents folder to my (D): drive (931GB) to free up space on my (C): drive (118GB) because of all the CC. I am trying to keep myself from going on another CC binge but Lana CC Finds and a few other MM finds blogs are testing me lol
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member

I use a ton of CC. Always have since sims 2. Every once in awhile when there is a new update select CC will malfunction but it's such a super easy fix. You just got to sims studio and do a batch fix. The only real problems that arise come from mods. Mods are different than CC as they manipulate game play so if a mod malfunctions it can cause gameplay issues and then you have to figure out which mod it is and either update it or delete it from your folder. I've never had any severe issues that would ever cause me to not use them though. I dont know how people play without CC or mods. Once you use them you wont go back to vanilla lol. You will love it.

Other problems to watch out for. Some hair and clothing CC have meshes that if not downloaded will cause weird glitches like a sim walking around with only a head. Make sure to look if it needs a mesh or not.

:D

Thanks for the info. Does it help to remove the folder containing cc out of the EA folder before patching? I tend to do that with my saves folder before patching.
    Also, which is a safe site to get cc from?

They say to do that but I have never once done that and been fine. I do backup my game periodically. EA somehow turns off your cc and mods automatically before updates and you have to turn them back on.
    I only trust mods from modthesims. I can attest that its safe. Dont know about anywhere else. I use tons of CC from thesimsresource as well and they are trustworthy but they do not have mods only CC. They do have weird posing mods but that's it. I dont do the posing skins though.

Yeah, I'm not bothered about having mods, but I'll check out thesimsresource site. I've heard about that before. Thanks for the reply.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Been there. Haven't spent hours on TSR, that site gets old quick for me, they have a great selection for makeup and dresses though - questionable use of ads notwithstanding, I'm not paying money monthly for pixelated cc, lol. I stick close to reliable Simblrs and generally use Maxis Match for hairstyles. I'm finishing up a spring cleaning of 8.37 GB worth of cc (a little over 3000 cc, so if that tells you anything it's that you are definitely not alone!) and only keeping what I need/want updated. One thing I don't exactly care for about using cc, especially Alpha, is that nearly all the content is focused on female sims. Most of the time it's like males, babies, toddlers, and kids don't exist unless it's decor for a room or an athletic track suit. I mean... where are the actual suits, hair that isn't half shaved or anime style, shirts that aren't constantly baggy, etc. Very few have different selections for males. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Recovering CC-Holics should be a thing. :pensive:

@February11 You could also check out Lana CC Finds and Mysterious Finds for a start. Their tumblr pages are really well organized, safe from persistent ads, and showcases a lot of different content besides clothes, hair, shoes, and poses. Just a thought. ~
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    For those that use a lot of custom content, I've never tried it before. Do you find it slows down the game a lot? My game is already a bit slow just from EA packs because I have an older slower computer. However it's definitely playable wants it loads. Would it be easy to just put in certain folders for certain games or something like label it to use content only when I'm playing a certain family? That way the rest of the content doesn't have to get loaded each time and slow it down? Or would that be a huge job he said I wanted to play?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    For those that use a lot of custom content, I've never tried it before. Do you find it slows down the game a lot? My game is already a bit slow just from EA packs because I have an older slower computer. However it's definitely playable wants it loads. Would it be easy to just put in certain folders for certain games or something like label it to use content only when I'm playing a certain family? That way the rest of the content doesn't have to get loaded each time and slow it down? Or would that be a huge job he said I wanted to play?

CC does slow down the loading time of the game I've found but I haven't really noticed a lot of lagging while playing. But then my computer is on the okei side. But I find it that the loading time of a saved game can be lengthened if I have too many screenshots in the screenshot folder. I regularly empty out the screenshot folder and move my pictures into another place away from the game. I find the loading times, especially when loading a saved game up, decreases dramatically.

In regards of swapping out CC when needed. Well. If your families are all in a different savefile from each other then I guess its okei as long as you remember to swap in and out the mods folders. But on the other hand, if you rotate between families in the same savegame then you have to have all the CC you use for each family installed because when you save the game you will only save the CC you are using at each time. For instance. If you play family B and have all the CC you are using for that particular family installed but not for say family A who lives in the same saved game file, then your family A won't be having their CC, either in their houses or on their person. Which means you have to redecorate their homes and redress the household. At least I think that is how it works. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

CC does slow down the loading time of the game I've found but I haven't really noticed a lot of lagging while playing. But then my computer is on the okei side. But I find it that the loading time of a saved game can be lengthened if I have too many screenshots in the screenshot folder. I regularly empty out the screenshot folder and move my pictures into another place away from the game. I find the loading times, especially when loading a saved game up, decreases dramatically.

In regards of swapping out CC when needed. Well. If your families are all in a different savefile from each other then I guess its okei as long as you remember to swap in and out the mods folders. But on the other hand, if you rotate between families in the same savegame then you have to have all the CC you use for each family installed because when you save the game you will only save the CC you are using at each time. For instance. If you play family B and have all the CC you are using for that particular family installed but not for say family A who lives in the same saved game file, then your family A won't be having their CC, either in their houses or on their person. Which means you have to redecorate their homes and redress the household. At least I think that is how it works. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Thanks! Makes sense. All my families are different save game files so they can't interact with each other. However it already takes ages to load so I will probably skip it. I could def delete some screen shots. I probably have around 100 of them now haha 😂 thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member

Don't be scared! You can always just delete anything that doesn't work. Just be picky about who you get stuff from, y'know?
  • Options
    HeyitssmileHeyitssmile Posts: 45 Member
    Honestly this is my guilty pleasure now. I'll be looking for, say, an 'a-line hairstyle' or a 'skater dress', and find myself three couches, two rugs, ten new shirts, five new pants, a new CAS background and a coffee table, with no a-line hair or skater dress in sight.
  • Options
    Honestly this is my guilty pleasure now. I'll be looking for, say, an 'a-line hairstyle' or a 'skater dress', and find myself three couches, two rugs, ten new shirts, five new pants, a new CAS background and a coffee table, with no a-line hair or skater dress in sight.

I hear ya, I am just got done browsing so much of The Sims Resource now I am browsing Lana's CC finds...I just keep adding and adding, can't help it there is just so much good CC out there.
  • Options
    I downloaded my first bit of CC today. I was a bit wary, but after all the explanations I've read here, gave it a go, and I love my male sims new hair!

CC number 1 ...
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    I usually use Sims Dom instead of going straight to the TSR because the ads annoy me too much to spend too much time on TSR lol. I watched a youtube video where the person was talking about their CC not too long after I started and now I'm hooked.
  • Options
    VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    Currently doing that right now. Been about 3 hours of just planning and modding for a new game setup.
  • Options
    I wish Lana's page a search feature >.< Also, why is simfileshare SO slow lately? Lately if a download is through them I don't even bother.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I wish Lana's page a search feature >.< Also, why is simfileshare SO slow lately? Lately if a download is through them I don't even bother.

They've been down for several days because they moved their server, they should be okay now.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I prefer gameplay mods to CC.
    Only CC I had was the family portrait from the sims mobile promotion I missed the redemption period
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    Okay, I'm now obsessed with downloading hair from TSR! I LOVE the creator, Wings, hair.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    PuppylikeswhalePuppylikeswhale Posts: 22 Member
    Everyone does that. But I have quit doing that because ccs made my game slower. My laptop is not so strong.
  • Options
    Everyone does that. But I have quit doing that because ccs made my game slower. My laptop is not so strong.
    I'm going to have a "one in, one out policy" so I don't over do it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I used to be obsessed with downloading CC (maxis match, not alpha). But that was a long time ago, and I no longer use/have cc in my games (well, I have a little but I rarely use it), only mods in my game like command shortcuts and mccc.
    Proud simmer