Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A BABY Stuff Pack?

I know a lot of Simmers don't really care too much about the newborns & their whole short lifestage BUT wouldn't you care more if you could do more with them?

Like:

-Create a BEAUTIFUL nursery with a usable Crib and Changing Table
-Be able to go on walks with your baby in a Stroller
-When you take your older kids to the park or anywhere, the baby comes to, in a Stroller or Baby Backpack thing.
-In Create-A-Sim, be able to make a baby and edit them.
-Definitely MORE clothing options
-More interactions
-A little bit longer of a lifestage so you can enjoy all these things

I don't think too many Simmers would pay a Game pack price for these things, BUT a Stuff pack price, why not?

Let me know what you think about Sim babies and if this is something you'd enjoy in your game!

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    Most of that could be applied to toddlers too, IMO. I don't think they need to be a fully realized life state though, and things like the baby backpacks and such could easily work with babies as they are currently. So in that sense, maybe? Though I don't think the life stage is rich enough or has enough potential to add deep content that would make buying a pack worth it. Maybe as a free patch or a tag-along with an elders focused pack.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nikki P. wrote: »
    wouldn't you care more if you could do more with them?

not really : p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    At this stage in the game I don't think they can improve on the current object babies without breaking any saves that have babies currently in them. So a crib or changing table would be merely decor. And since they're basically objects you can't change their clothes. I've come to terms with babies as they are now; I'd rather the resources go towards a Teen stuff pack to give that age group more definition.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @stilljustme2 Considering babies are just a single object and little more, it should be relatively easy to completely change them, it would be a simple matter of replacing all instances of that object with a crib and adding an ACTUAL baby that is a sim to the household. We already know the game can handle the object replacement, because it happens any time you download a lot where there is an object you don't own the pack for.

Now whether or not we could trust dev team to do this without breaking 34 other things....that's a different story.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There's also the issue of genetics -- especially in legacy households genetics can be important. Can they replace the object baby with the real baby and guarantee the proper genetics? What happens if a player comes back to their game and finds their white baby is now black? I suppose one way they could do it would be to put out an announcement that they're freeing the babies, and to advise players to make sure all babies are aged up to toddlers before the date of the patch. Or maybe the patch would auto-age all babies to toddlers, then future babies would be able to be carried away from the crib.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @stilljustme2, Yah...that would probably be a more elegant way to do it (auto ageup) with less chance of things going wrong.

Back to the main thread point, I'm not sure a baby stuff pack would be all that great of an idea anyway though. The baby stage is so short and a large portion of the player base just skips it entirely by instant-aging that a pack where baby's are the whole focus would probably not sell very well.
    Even if they expand on the babies, make them real sims, and give a lot more you can do with them....a lot of the the auto-age-skip-baby-stage players would by and large probably still not want to deal with them because no matter how you implement babies, what they mainly do is cry, poop and eat...just like real life. Have to agree with @stilljustme2, I'd prefer a teen stuff pack myself (and I'm NOT a baby-stage skipper).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd love all of that. Everyday I wish for actual babies instead of object babies. Sadly, it doesn't seem like the team has much interest in upgrading them. :/
  • mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > At this stage in the game I don't think they can improve on the current object babies without breaking any saves that have babies currently in them. So a crib or changing table would be merely decor. And since they're basically objects you can't change their clothes. I've come to terms with babies as they are now; I'd rather the resources go towards a Teen stuff pack to give that age group more definition.

I would love a teen stuff pack, and even thought I'm not happy with the babies, I'd like them to add cars.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Personally, I wouldn't care to have a pack dedicated to this. A lot of it can possibly be added through a patch, but I agree with the idea of a beautiful nursery and taking them out with your sim, especially great for photos. However, I'd really like if the overall texture was better if they can't be implemented as an actual baby, and as said above, solving the issue of genetics would be a real plus. Yes, there's the age old 'but all babies look the same' bit, but it would be cool to have some with cute, chubby little cheeks (funny how mainly toddlers have this), and full hair or wispy strands. Just a thought....
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think any major changes to babies (such as upgrading them from objects to Sims) would have to be done in a patch rather than an optional pack - just too many bugs waiting to happen.

I think that some of the things I'd like - such as baby personalities (fussy, quiet, playful) and continuity (a baby that gets more attention starts out the toddler stage with more empathy, for example) would require babies to be Sims rather than objects.

Other things could probably be done without changing the baby much - a variety of sleepers and crib styles, new interactions, a changing table. I'm not sure why the bassinet has to be attached to the baby (why it can't be an object in its own right), unless the developers were trying to avoid the floor babies in Sims 3. (And didn't we complain about that? Now, we look back on it with a bit of amused nostalgia.)

If they patched in baby improvements and then gave us a stuff pack for nurseries, I'd be counting down the days until I could buy it. I'd love any pack that would give us more stuff for ages from babies to teen.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • PlumbobsholiestPlumbobsholiest Posts: 22 Member
    Oh i so hope this become's a thing !!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love a baby stuff pack though some of this would have to be patched in like unleashing the baby making it no longer an object that's something that has to be done for all or none as its base game. I'm sure if they put in all of the effort to make real babies it would come with a few basics like a changing table and crib and after that the stuff pack could fill in the content we would be desperate for like clothing hair not all babies are bald furniture and 2 or 3 premium objects like a stroller rocker or playmat.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    I would enjoy that type of realism in the game! It feels like most of the time you're just trying to rush through the baby stage to get them on their way.
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    I would enjoy something that makes babies more of an experiance rather than just having them be an annoying, demonic-looking object. I always end up aging the baby up into a toddler because I feel like there is no point in keeping them a baby.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    It sucks having babies reverted back into objects like back in The Sims. I loved that we have true babies in Sims 2 and Sims 3. And I had thought that with Sims 4 not only would we have real babies again, but a greatly improved lifestage. If you've played Sims FreePlay, then you'd know what I mean.

Babies that grew and advanced, from rolling over on their tummies, learning to sit up, to being able to crawl.

Able to eat solid foods in a high chair.

Using walkers and playpens

Starting the potty training right before they aged into toddlers.

Walking. (All of my kiddos were walking by 13 months)

And so much more.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not writing them off yet. There's still time. I mean, look at how long it took them to give us toddlers. And if they are, or where to work on #liberatingthebabies they could make them the best version to date.

But I'm also not holding my breath. lol I mean, we still don't have pool activities, and we've been asking for some since The Sims. I mean, they even took away Marco Polo. :D Kids can no longer play except using their imaginations (WTH), and teens are basically YA that go to school. So as much as I would love real babies, there are other features that need to be worked on, revamped, and also added back into the game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    One thing I like with this game and all the packs, is that not everyone needs to like everything. I'm actually happy if half the packs don't appeal to me, and a baby pack would be among those. Mostly because I play community matters rather than baby matters, and the baby crib doesn't even get my attention when I play such a household. I age them up to toddlers after 1 sim year.

But yes, I think focusing on babies would be fun to many simmers, so such a pack could be cool :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    I don’t know if it’s technically capable to do so but I hope that instead of freeing the baby we could choose to transfer the baby to any baby-related objects be it crib, baby bouncer, stroller, change table, sink or baby carrier. Back to the TS2 days it always took me a lot of time to find my baby on the floor.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    This is not realistic for a SP plus it should be a free update.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Airakale I feel like this is what they'll end up doing if they ever do give the babies an update. It should be totally possible for them to lock the babies to other objects like they're locked to the bassinet now.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh my gosh I would LOVE this, also bring a event "baby showers" love this <3.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I would love a baby pack with lots of CAS / build items - even more if it was a free update though or at least partially. I really want free babies and hope they, along with teens and elders, get more development at some point. How cute would it be to see them crawling around or have parents rock them to sleep in their crib and take them out for a stroll outside in their buggy (toddlers too)? I would also love it if parents/grandparents were able to knit babies/toddlers little booties and other clothing or teddies. Sigh.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'd love all of that. Everyday I wish for actual babies instead of object babies. Sadly, it doesn't seem like the team has much interest in upgrading them. :/

this
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I would love to see this happen but I doubt it will. I think we are too far along in the game for this. Perhaps IF there is a Sims 5, babies will be actual babies and not objects. I personally found the baby object a slap in the face and an insult, but that is me.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Nikki P. wrote: »
    I know a lot of Simmers don't really care too much about the newborns & their whole short lifestage BUT wouldn't you care more if you could do more with them?

Like:

-Create a BEAUTIFUL nursery with a usable Crib and Changing Table
    -Be able to go on walks with your baby in a Stroller
    -When you take your older kids to the park or anywhere, the baby comes to, in a Stroller or Baby Backpack thing.
    -In Create-A-Sim, be able to make a baby and edit them.
    -Definitely MORE clothing options
    -More interactions
    -A little bit longer of a lifestage so you can enjoy all these things

I don't think too many Simmers would pay a Game pack price for these things, BUT a Stuff pack price, why not?

Let me know what you think about Sim babies and if this is something you'd enjoy in your game!

I would
    more for sim kids and more drama please