Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 Thought you might get a kick out of this... someone approached my desk at work today and had the last name of..... Bender! :grimace:

@LegacySims2017 There's a guy at my convention named Joseph Sims. It made me smile.

what convention are you at now? i said you were hard to keep up with :)

I'm at a gaming convention. I've been play testing games not on the market yet. :) ...and generally enjoying a long weekend.

thats so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. yes i meant to do that many os. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm feeling a little better then I was yesterday. But I'm still sort of out of sorts because of it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    you want to hear something weird i started my bender thread last febuary so its been a year.
  • Options
    wordpress says i'm on a 3 day streak. lol i spent one day taking the old blog down. had too only 2 of thr kids have predetemined mates. also i let them lead me.all of them so the same stuff rarely happens

then i spent a day getting it set up.

todays my first day actually writing.
  • Options
    opps i spammed the thread. well sis isn't here so someone had too. :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    opps i spammed the thread. well sis isn't here so someone had too. :)
    kk21a8e.gif
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I helped at my church's Scout Banquet from 5:30pm-9pm. For a bit of myself eatting I tried to eat off my lap.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @friendsfan367 @LegacySims2017 yep. It's been a lot of fun. Joseph Sims, who goes by Joe, was in my steampunk RPG earlier today as a Frost Giant conjurer. I played a goblin thief. We had a elf warmage and human pirate. It was a lot of fun. We protected a elf prince from a coup d'é·tat and took down a rogue airship.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    off topic but my wish is coming true. no not Brian. little house on the praire is coming to prime. on the perfect day march 1'll need a distraction thats when dads birthday would have been.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 @LegacySims2017 yep. It's been a lot of fun. Joseph Sims, who goes by Joe, was in my steampunk RPG earlier today as a Frost Giant conjurer. I played a goblin thief. We had a elf warmage and human pirate. It was a lot of fun. We protected a elf prince from a coup d'é·tat and took down a rogue airship.

whats a steampunk rpg. i know what rpg but how is that steampunk?
  • Options

Basically it's Victorian Times meet Sci-fiction/Science Fantasy

My adult Hogwarts Online character is wearing an Steam punk outfit which you can see here: https://www.trendme.net/en/set/autumn-winter-2019-collection/steampunk-ball-set/MzI1NTMzOTQ2NQ,,.html
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Basically it's Victorian Times meet Sci-fiction/Science Fantasy

My adult Hogwarts Online character is wearing an Steam punk outfit which you can see here: https://www.trendme.net/en/set/autumn-winter-2019-collection/steampunk-ball-set/MzI1NTMzOTQ2NQ,,.html

i know what steampunk is i was asking adamandeve how thats a rpg. shes at a game convetion right now.
  • Options
    A RPG is a role playing game. Players assume the role of a character and act out that character in scenarios created and facilitated by a game master. You play a character of a selected race and class, with benefits (...and sometimes weaknesses or flaws) based on class and race. For example, as a thief character, I had an epic stealth skill but I lacked the strength of say a brute force player. Then you roll dice based on skills, knowledge, and abilities to determine the success or failure of your action, as narrated by the game master. For example, I might roll a 16 initiative and the bad guy (controlled by the game master... think NPC) might roll a 12. My character would get to react or act first in a battle scenario. Maybe I just want information and I roll my knowledge of markets and bartering plus charisma to convince someone to give me info and I roll a 7 ...and they roll a 15. I'm not get info this round. Hopefully that makes sense.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 I think @friendsfan367 is asking how steampunk can be a RPG.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    You had a steampunk RPG!! That is so cool. Was it a typical d20 system? Or something else?

FF a steampunk RPG just means it was steampunk themed as oppossed to horror themed, or fantasy themed, or sci-fi themed. :)
    So you tend to get a lot of clockwork stuff, pirates, engineering puzzles. Things like that.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just passing thru .. saying HI <3 Hope all is well!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I think @friendsfan367 is asking how steampunk can be a RPG.

no she got it.
  • Options
    A RPG is a role playing game. Players assume the role of a character and act out that character in scenarios created and facilitated by a game master. You play a character of a selected race and class, with benefits (...and sometimes weaknesses or flaws) based on class and race. For example, as a thief character, I had an epic stealth skill but I lacked the strength of say a brute force player. Then you roll dice based on skills, knowledge, and abilities to determine the success or failure of your action, as narrated by the game master. For example, I might roll a 16 initiative and the bad guy (controlled by the game master... think NPC) might roll a 12. My character would get to react or act first in a battle scenario. Maybe I just want information and I roll my knowledge of markets and bartering plus charisma to convince someone to give me info and I roll a 7 ...and they roll a 15. I'm not get info this round. Hopefully that makes sense.

yes i watch big bang theory so famillar with games like magic the gathering and dungeons and dragons. :)
  • Options
    i'm getting the new pack because i love mysteries. wheter or not my sims solve it is in question. i bought the jungle pack and so far no one found the jungle.
  • Options
    I have a friend who created his own steampunk RPG system. It's focused on science, magic, and industry. There's swords and sorcery and pistols. Typical battles ensue between players and industrial giants, robber barons, disgruntled magicians, or greedy politicians into the Age of Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution with some real history thrown in to add to the realism. Think alternate 18th century. Steampunk technology influences the game world along with fantastic elements.

The die system changes with need actually, designed to work with the player and character creation is open ended. I think the highest I've rolled is d12. My goblin thief was nimble, acrobatic, a master of stealth, proficient in pistols, skilled in clockwork, and could improvise weapons fairly well, but lacked natural charisma, was prejudiced against cops, and had an unlucky trait meaning I failed my saves at a higher rate.

You have the freedom to make more actions than average as the game master determines what paired knowledge and skill checks you need to roll. For example, say I wanted to determine if someone is lying to me. I might need to roll an awareness plus perception check. Or if I want to backflip out of combat, it would be acrobatics plus dexterity. Or fly an airship... knowledge of mechanics plus intelligence. I also had a bonus trait of gut instinct which allows me to ask the game master a yes or no question, which they have to answer twice during a game session.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Why is it people can't read what I posted in my original post? I made a thread trying to find a Sim on the Gallery and I believe I stated that I had made the entire Legacy from Scratch and people told me to either 1)"roll back" the save (and yet I'm not using that save but a save that was "new" in October and (sim I want ) doesn't appear until "Act 2" of Gen 4. or "Try to find it in my library" but I can't find the sim in my library and he's not there. I don't remember the name of the sim OR who the simmer who created it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I have a friend who created his own steampunk RPG system. It's focused on science, magic, and industry. There's swords and sorcery and pistols. Typical battles ensue between players and industrial giants, robber barons, disgruntled magicians, or greedy politicians into the Age of Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution with some real history thrown in to add to the realism. Think alternate 18th century. Steampunk technology influences the game world along with fantastic elements.

The die system changes with need actually, designed to work with the player and character creation is open ended. I think the highest I've rolled is d12. My goblin thief was nimble, acrobatic, a master of stealth, proficient in pistols, skilled in clockwork, and could improvise weapons fairly well, but lacked natural charisma, was prejudiced against cops, and had an unlucky trait meaning I failed my saves at a higher rate.

You have the freedom to make more actions than average as the game master determines what paired knowledge and skill checks you need to roll. For example, say I wanted to determine if someone is lying to me. I might need to roll an awareness plus perception check. Or if I want to backflip out of combat, it would be acrobatics plus dexterity. Or fly an airship... knowledge of mechanics plus intelligence. I also had a bonus trait of gut instinct which allows me to ask the game master a yes or no question, which they have to answer twice during a game session.

Sounds like it has a touch of dnd 3.5 and old school tunnels and trolls as far as the dice checks go. Sounds like it was a ton of fun. I'm very Homebrew myself and break the boundaries of the guideline rulebooks. I love my percentiles xD

And classic gygax system xD
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    New PTLT Chapter. :)
    Chapter 39
    tumblr_inline_pnem9zTzk71v2lczu_540.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    New PTLT Chapter. :)
    Chapter 39
    tumblr_inline_pnem9zTzk71v2lczu_540.png