Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ummm new uniform????

My guy is in the scientist career and every time he goes to work he changes into his uniform which just so happens to be pretty dresses. He even accessories with earrings haha. Ummmm I call bug!!

Comments

• jasasimsjasasims Posts: 83 Member
    My sim changed into his outfit but his co- workers were wearing crazy outfits. LOL Same career as yours.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My guy is in the scientist career and every time he goes to work he changes into his uniform which just so happens to be pretty dresses. He even accessories with earrings haha. Ummmm I call bug!!

must see a screen shot of that
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I've had it a few times now, the most entertaining so far has been a male sim wearing the giant gnome outfit to his job as an athlete.

Luckily there is a cheat to edit the outfit your sim wears for work:

Type in:
    testingcheats true
    and then:
    sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

I usually do this for most of my sims anyway now, as I hate most of the official uniforms. Oh, and I can't confirm it but occasionally promotions give you outfit changes, I don't remember if this results in you having to edit the outfit again or not though :smile:
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Ooh, I never knew about that cheat, thanks.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I've had it a few times now, the most entertaining so far has been a male sim wearing the giant gnome outfit to his job as an athlete.

Type in:
    testingcheats true
    and then:

I usually do this for most of my sims anyway now, as I hate most of the official uniforms. Oh, and I can't confirm it but occasionally promotions give you outfit changes, I don't remember if this results in you having to edit the outfit again or not though :smile:

Thanks for share the cheat! My writter go in work with astrounat helm! Finally I know how repair this!
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Johnny Zest always goes to work wearing the vertical striped sleeping gown that reaches his knees. Of the color purple. But he is in the comedy career so... :lol:

But I was wondering. With that nifty cheat. Can I also fix the haircut/hairstyle of my Sims? Because some of them go to work wearing their original hairstyle that I have long changed. For instance, both Jesminder and Eliza have different hairstyles from the ones they came with but when they change their outfits for work the old hairstyles pops up :neutral:
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member

Sounds like a good starting premise for a strange sims fiction star.

Type in:
    testingcheats true
    and then:

Such a useful cheat.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    @Stina1701A

I just tested it in my game, you can indeed. It opens up CAS like you're changing any outfit, so you're free to add any accessories, hats or hair you want!
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member

Not sure how to add screenshots :neutral:
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just let my female scientist go to work in her black swimsuit and black knee high boots. She went up a level , finally , and now goes to work in a lab coat.
    Always amuses me some of the things they get put for work.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    That's been a long standing bug. I tend to change my sims career outfit depending.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member

You need to upload the screenshot to photo hosting site and then link to it in your post. The picture will then appear in the body of your post.

HTH

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Use this,its free.
    https://imgur.com/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2019
    i was just coming to make a thread about the cute little number Don Lothario was wearing to work in my game last night, but seems i was beaten to it!

and here is the requested photographic evidence!!!

https://imgur.com/a/suUYPZX

can someone post it direct to the thread for me please as i dont think i can post pictures yet (when does that happen btw?)
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    some more images for your delectation... eric lewis has such a wonderful wardrobe....

https://imgur.com/8qUZmFg

https://imgur.com/MeenIbk

https://imgur.com/djswKiv
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Oh good I'm not the only one. Looks like they broke career outfits in the latest patch.

9OqBavs.jpg
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited February 2019
    please ignore
    No friends requests, please.
  • JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    Thanks everyone. I’m now playing a woman in the scientist career and the guys are still dressing as females.