Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Sliders or Custom Presets?

Which do you use in CAS? Is keeping track of how to use the new sliders too much of a hassle? Tired of keep those gifs around so you can even remember which ones you have? Do you wade through Zerbu's endless facial presets for the perfect nose only to realize it has a strange quirk of nostril you couldn't see in the preview?! What are the advantages of each?

In the fight against same-face I've heard that presets are a good way to increase variety, but do sliders also work? Do either?

Custom Sliders or Custom Presets? 16 votes

sliders
6%
kittykat97 1 vote
presets
37%
loubylouloumunroelecitysimmerhermioniaWildIrishBansheeanimeattack 6 votes
why not both? both? both is good.
56%
Jennyggannaliese39ForkySporkythenightcourtkirumagusuzy21Celesterratipsytangllamasflu 9 votes
yeah, no, lemme explain...
0%

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    presets
    I prefer presets, but I only really have one, for pointy ears for every sim! Sliders just seem like too much work, and hard to keep track of.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    presets
    I used to spend far too long on sliders, the presets work best for me, and then moving bits around if they aren't quite right.
  • CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    I feel you could get fairly creative with a mix of both. Using presets as a base and then using a slider to modify.

Ex: Choose nose base, then use the slider for height, length, pointed-ness, curve (up or down), and maybe even nostril size.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Celesterra wrote: »
    I feel you could get fairly creative with a mix of both. Using presets as a base and then using a slider to modify.

Ex: Choose nose base, then use the slider for height, length, pointed-ness, curve (up or down), and maybe even nostril size.

But obscurus has so many beautiful facial sliders... T nT And I love butt sliders...

• kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    sliders
    I like sliders. I tend to get pretty particular with my sims, so the presets never really seem to have enough variation for my taste
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS