Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims expansion was your favourite?

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Oooh This has to be a tie for me:
    TS1 Unleashed and TS3 Supernatural (With makin magic being a very very close second)

I started playing the Sims with Unleashed and I really love old town, I can't imagine playing the game without it installed too (I tried once and it felt lacking)

And Supernatural was just everything I ever wanted in a sims expansion pack.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    sims 3 late night tom wordy was my fav sim at the time lol.
  • corrcorrcorrcorrcorrcorr Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 1 Superstar, nothing after that has ever been even close to that expansion. Second place goes to Sims 2 Open for Business, after that Sims 2 University, Sims 2 Seasons and after that I think Sims 1 Makin' Magic.

Sims 1 and 2 were the best games. Bit of an unpopular opinion but I really don't like Sims 3 at all and actually kind of like Sims 4 :D
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    For Sims 1, that is tough. I honestly loved Vacation the best, my sims stopped coming home. :D but think Livin' Large had the best collection of furnishings. Hot date however added some humor elements ie Mrs. Crumplebottom and I like the ability to get off the lot and socialize. However, I hated when I went to dine and they couldn't give me food because the candle was in the middle of the table and took up all the slots. Where were the beta testers on that one?

Hot Date Fun Fact. When they built the prototype for Hot Date, I gave the team access to SimFreaks to create it. A downtown prototype was built with the upper cabinets and smaller dining tables that we offered as well as numerous other items. During this time, Simsville was in development and still lacking in gameplay, A week after the Hot Date prototype was presented, Simsville was shutdown because Hot Date did everything they needed Simsville to do. RIP Simsville.
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    The Sims: Superstar.
    Hot Date was a close second. Love the jazz music and overall aesthetic.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    This is a monumentally tough question but I have a special place in my heart for Makin' Magic on the original Sims. It's still my gold standard as far as supernatural gameplay elements in the series go. Nothing since has even come close to capturing its utter bizarreness and fun! The duels were ridiculously fun and I loved the trade and barter system with the vendors. I'm still in awe of the pack to this day.

I have to give an honourable mention to The Sims 2 Seasons, mind. Weather was such a game changer. To a non-Sims player it doesn't sound like a big deal, but weather in a life simulator just makes sense! It affects us all so much in our day to day life that it only makes sense for our sims to be affected too. I remember loading up Riverblossom Hills for the first time and seeing its gorgeous snowscape and getting excited that they added hot chocolate making. It's a seemingly subtle pack but it's essential as far as I'm concerned.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • DumbOllieDumbOllie Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello!
    From TS1: Makin' Magic/Vacation
    TS2: Seasons/Apartment life
    TS3: Generations/Ambitions
    TS4: City Living/Cats and Dogs
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sims 1-Makin' Magic
    Sims 2-Seasons
    Sims 3-Supernatural
    Sims 4-Vampires

P.S. Seasons in Sims 2 cause Plantsims
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Livin' Large has a special place in my heart, the first expansion, with castles and mad scientists! Brought the silly weird dimension to the base game (and the trend of expansions too, unfortunately). Thought you could play as a stand alone game, had to run to the store on boxing day to get the base game with my parents!

Makin' Magic has a special place in my heart too because of the music. However, I must admit I played very little of it. My old computer could only stand 9 gb of memories. LOL!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    It's much too hard to choose one.

TS1: Makin Magic
    TS2: Open for Business
    TS3: Late Night
    TS4: Seasons

The expansions I like the least are Into the Future and City Living.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 1: Living Large, House Party, Hot Date.
    Sims 2: University, Seasons and Free Time.
    Sims 3: Generations
    Sims 4: Get To Work
  • NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    The Sims: Hot Date
    The Sims 2: Never played
    The Sims 3: Island Paradise
    The Sims 4: Get to Work
  • CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    The Sims: Makin Magic (oh the nostalgia. I still remember how I got this for Christmas and how excited I was. The music in this pack was the best. I really, really loved it <3)
    The Sims 2: University Life (I don't know how many times my friend and me copied that university dance)
    The Sims 3: Generations and World Adventures
    The Sims 4: Seasons (since it is a real game changer for me)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2019
    My favorite:
    Sims 1: Makin Magic and Superstar
    Sims 2: Open for Business and Apartment Life
    Sims 3: Late Night and Generations
    Sims 4: Get Together and Seasons
  • VirtualFairytalesVirtualFairytales Posts: 9 New Member
    I still have the most funniest and nostalgic thoughts with Makin Magic. :) No other EP was so suspenseful for so many months and captured the magical atmosphere so well. Nevermind, here is my list:

Sims 1: Makin Magic
    Sims 2: Open for Business
    Sims 3: Supernatural or Pets - can't choose - we had horses!!
    Sims 4: These days I just build and stopped playing. For this I kind of need all of them, but Get Together is the one I use all the time.
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I suppose I liked The Sims 2 Nightlife best, but because I live in the UK I actually question if most of the expansion packs that other people know about where even released in this region. I don't remember about hearing about a lot of them so my taste is extremely limited I'm afraid.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    This is a tough one. I've liked so many in the past games. Here goes, almost all of them toss ups:
    1. Sims: I can't decide if I liked Superstar or Making Magic more. They were both pretty amazing, though I'm a little inclined towards MM due to my love for magic. But then, I also loved modeling in Superstar.
    2. Sims 2: I loved the death out of University, and I also loved Apartment Life (again, magic). However, this time I lean towards University for the 3 different schools and streakers.
    3. Sims 3: This was between World Adventures and Supernatural. Magic, again for supernatural, but it also had sooooo many new life states. However, World Adventures takes the cake for me because I LOVED exploring the 3 new worlds, the different cultures, and making wine juice. There was just so much to do in this one, and it was handled so beautifully.
    4. Sims 4: I don't actually have a full collection - yet. I'm working on it though. Of the expansions I have, I'm really loving City Living a lot. I think it added so much, and I like the city locations. Between what I don't have, I've researched on Youtube and such, and Get Together is actually looking pretty interesting.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic
    I really liked the Unleashed as well, because the pets were so cute and I still think those were the best pets in the Sims series, but I think I played Makin' Magic the most and I love its atmosphere. It is probably my number one favourite of all the sims EPs as well.
    TS2: Bon Voyage, perhaps. I played all the TS2 EPs and I think I liked the Night Life a lot when we got it (because of the vampires), but it's not that shiny to me anymore. I loved the beach activities in Bon Voyage and swimming in the sea.
    TS3: I only played the base game a little bit on playstation, so I don't know.
    TS4: I haven't tried any of the EPs yet, because I still have a lot to play in the base game :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    TS3 Supernatural was amazing.

All Seasons EPs for any of the games.

And, strangely, I really love Get Famous :D
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date was a lot of fun. Makin' Magic too.
    The Sims 2 - Nightlife. It was such a big pack. I love vampires and I also loved going downtown.
    The Sims 3 - Supernatural because I love occults. Also Generations as I'm a family player.
    The Sims 4 - Seasons so far. It makes everything feel more alive. Couldn't play without it now.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I only just started playing when The Sims 4 was released on console. But by far my favorite pack has been Vampires. I did not think this would be the case and only bought it because it came in a bundle with City Living and Luxury Stuff. And I mostly ignored it at first. But once I actually started playing, I've gotten so many fun hours out of it, it feels like an expansion pack to me even though it's only a game pack.

Knowing my play style, I can guess the packs I would have enjoyed most in previous games would be...
    Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: Apartment Life
    Sims 3: Supernatural
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • KustridarenKustridaren Posts: 21 Member
    My favorites expansion packs from The Sims 1 is vacation and making magic.

The thing I like with the vacation ep is the music and the new things you can do, Like fishing , building an igloo.

The things I like with making magic is that you can use magic to mess with other sims. I also like the music.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Erm, I didn't play a lot of the old games. My favourite TS4 expansion so far probably has to be Cats & Dogs because it given the game a whole new element, and a lot of new scenarios to play in.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    TS1 Makin' Magic. TS2 University Life, Open for Business and Apartment Life. TS3 Generation and Seasons. TS4 Seasons and Get Together.