Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sim will you take first to StrangerVille? What are your plans?

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    afai1261 wrote: »
    This is Johnny Calhoun, a basegame sim I made recently with the intention of having him be in the military, as you can probably tell from the dog tags and haircut-
    ZaS5d2Q.png

Then I gave him a twin brother, Matthew, who is more the government agent type-
    72cr9KV.png

And finally, this is their younger brother Milo, who is a geek and is only too excited to be accompanying them to Strangerville (against Matthew's better judgement, but Milo insisted). He's always been interested in scifi and the like-
    25zQFxq.png

Johnny is going to join the military (no surprises there). Milo is going to be my little guinea pig for the, uh, weirdness >:)

Obviously I'll update their clothing and stuff when I get the pack. I'm actually really excited for this one (not that I'll get a lot of time to play because university, but still).
    Now I've hyped myself up about it way too much :D

Are they on the gallery? I currently have no sims storyline that will take them to Strangerville. I'd love to play them and add them to my main save.

@orkhid22

Johnny is on the gallery as 'Basegame Hunk', however neither Matthew nor Milo are on the gallery. I can put them all up for you together or separately, whichever you would prefer. :blush:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i do love so many of the ideas people have in here, whether story snippets, sim concepts (some of them have me considering similar types, like i never considered having a conspiracy theorist paired with making videos/livestreaming because i'm silly), or whole-hog world revamps (i can totally see something like that area 31 being redone in strangerville, but want to see what the world starts out like first, of course)

and for those mentioning bringing aliens only if there's not some sort of alien involved already, just remember that just because they're both aliens doesn't mean they'd get along or even know anything about each other. officially, all the aliens from get to work are from the planet sixam, so they may not have a clue what this plant-like stuff in the new pack is, they'll be just as clueless as everyone else (though i'd like if they had a few hints at things others didn't, just flavor text type stuff. doubt we'd see that, though). also, we don't really know if the new thing is alien in origin (most of us are presuming so, of course. even if it's a 'nowhere near what it started out as because scientists kept poking and prodding and experimenting' type thing)

i know i've (not so briefly) mentioned the sims i was considering taking on various trips to it, but never named any. suppose i'll do that here, since this is already longer than most other posts in the thread (...per usual for me)

first up, though they're not going to be the first sent, we've got alien scientist ara venatici and her astronaut husband misael ritter. they've got four kids and two alien pets, but none of those are going with them. they're also basically the 'royalty' of my game, being my main household. have all skills maxed, completed nearly all aspirations, topped off every path of every job (mostly to unlock the clothing to sell in their retail store when i want other sims to own it without having to go through the career). i doubt there will be anything even remotely a challenge for them when they go, which is why they won't be the first into strangerville. it'll be more fun with near total newbies. ara intends to get a few pod samples for her lab so she can figure out how they work, hoping to free sims from the clutches of both 'the mother' and the next sim in this list
    b6086a271a28427c9640832b79d22991.png

second in my list, dewayne davies, alien supervillain. usually he and his kids all go around disguised, trying to pose as normal sims to alay suspicions, even though his best friend and arch-nemesis bella goth knows the truth, since she's also his coworker. rumors of what these pods can do are too much and he's got to investigate (though he'll ensure his kids are safe. he may be evil, but he's also family-oriented) because wants a few samples of his own, to see if he can figure out how to make them work for him instead of this 'the mother' entity
    0070221ec1b2b91a3a428c75b2098c98.png

next we've got one of the likely candidates for the first on the scene, plantsim explorer kerron ruairi and his faithful fernhound companion. since they're both plantsims (or, i pretend the dog is, at least), they've got a bond with plants that may either be really helpful or a huge disadvantage once in strangertown, since everything seems to be tied to these unusual plant-like pods and something about an 'arboreal mother'. kerron is a frequent visitor to both granite falls and selvadorada, to talk to the local flora as much as to talk with the ambulatory locals
    b9feb9d9f636b94f0f9b4d8f27c1df7e.png

the final household, and the other one likely to be sent first, hasn't been created yet. think i'll wait until the pack is actually out to make them. not sure on many details yet, but one is going to be in the military and the other is going to get cheated up a few levels in the gardening career, to the first level of botanist. i'll likely give the botanist ties to the military as well, which is why they're there. they're going to be going in absolutely blind, which is why they're going to be the first or second of my sims sent in. and will probably be strangerville residents, unlike the rest
    This is Johnny Calhoun, a basegame sim I made recently with the intention of having him be in the military, as you can probably tell from the dog tags and haircut-
    ZaS5d2Q.png

72cr9KV.png

And finally, this is their younger brother Milo, who is a geek and is only too excited to be accompanying them to Strangerville (against Matthew's better judgement, but Milo insisted). He's always been interested in scifi and the like-
    25zQFxq.png

Johnny is going to join the military (no surprises there). Milo is going to be my little guinea pig for the, uh, weirdness >:)

Obviously I'll update their clothing and stuff when I get the pack. I'm actually really excited for this one (not that I'll get a lot of time to play because university, but still).

Are they on the gallery? I currently have no sims storyline that will take them to Strangerville. I'd love to play them and add them to my main save.

@orkhid22

Johnny is on the gallery as 'Basegame Hunk', however neither Matthew nor Milo are on the gallery. I can put them all up for you together or separately, whichever you would prefer. :blush:

I decided to go ahead and put all three up on the Gallery in one household. Download them here
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have a sim who's Erratic, and I think it would be interesting to do a story where she travels to StrangerVille, solves the mystery, but when she comes home to tell her friends and family about it, no one believes her because of her trait.
    I also have a scientist sim and her girlfriend who I'll take there.
    Probably will also make a new household/save just for the pack, since I don't have any existing sims I want to use the Military career with.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have my legacy household that just lost their big house/most of their money. Maybe this would be fun for my little heir to play in, solving the mystery? Grandma actually retired as a scientist, so this would be a fantastic way to bring that aspect of her personality in. I actually wanted her to join the military, but the scientist career was the closest thing to it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Carlos Patel, a barely of age Renegades member from Windenburg.

I "prepared" him by causing trouble in the public pool, making Summer Holiday a baby, becoming personal enemies with powerful Geoffrey Landgraab and beating up Hank Anderson, a high ranking police officer (admittedly Hank handed Carlos his a** back in the brawl). So now he's desperate to get away real quick before they all can retaliate and signed up with the military.

Maybe I will send Summer after him with the baby. Or the rest of the gang will arrive and get themselves into trouble.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2019
    This will most likely be the very first household I move to StrangerVille. The Curious brothers. I think they'd be up to the task.
    Edit- Here's the link to my Curious brothers household and many other Sims 2 remades- link
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've decided to work with a teen sim I've had in my game for a while. Randy Lundsford. He lives at the teen group home I have. He's a genius geek. He'll be the one solving the mystery in Strangerville

OZm1ERp.png

I'm also going to move my "Alien Nation" retail that I've had since GTW. It's in Oasis Springs right now, but it belongs in Strangerville.

zInRxOr.png

2EhIjoQ.png
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    ZaS5d2Q.png

72cr9KV.png

25zQFxq.png

@orkhid22

together please! thank you. I want to play them as a family. I'm moving so my computer is down, I'll download them next week
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I just remembered that I had made a Sims 4 version of a Sim from Sims 2 Strangetown a while back - Pollination Technician #9 Smith. Maybe I'll throw him into the mix and move him to StrangerVille. :D
    #Team Occult
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    well, what one of the gurus just recently posted in another thread (i'm lazy, going to do a screenshot of his post instead of linking to the thread because it's easier for me), my decision has kind of been made for me

the post:
    fdefc4351eb7ecc2ae430e58287327b3.png

since they've had some minor things tied into specific premade sims in the world, even if those don't really affect the overall story, i want to see them firsthand before doing anything to change the world (like evicting or deleting some of the premades to move some of my own in, editing lots and whatnot), seems i'll be starting out with the soldier and botanist pair. and am heavily considering a third member to their group, a disguised alien who had crashed there a bit earlier, is posing as another random normal soldier but is actually an interstellar smuggler (one side of the astronaut career) who stumbled across what's going on here after their untimely crash (that might have been caused by the pod-things or what produces them in the first place. we'll have to see if that can work) and is trying to figure out how to get out of her first off, but afterwards, how to make a buck off this. (got a feeling she'll be the one who manages to get samples to both the supervillain and scientist who will be coming along later)

so the duo... or quite likely, trio, will move into an empty lot and try to solve things as locals, so will hopefully be able to catch all the tiny unique things to see if i'll want to keep them or possibly be able to replicate them if i do want to replace the household and/or lot
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Cool question!

I plan to use my legacy family. The heir is currently a teenager. When he ages up, I'm going to move him and his wife-to-be into the new house I built for them (yes I know that's not technically the legacy rules, but... it's my game okay!?) They can get married, she can get pregnant...

Then I plan for him to enlist in the military. Naturally, he'll need to move out for a while to go on duty. He will move to StrangerVille, but the rest of the family will stay in DSV because I'm not entirely sure how dangerous this infection will be and the family just flat out can't die! Assuming all goes well, he'll solve the mystery and move back in with his family later on.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    @afai1261 I love the sims you made! Are these guys available on the gallery?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm gonna start a new game cause I'm a family type of player and it doesn't fit with my current household.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    ctthomas wrote: »
    @afai1261 I love the sims you made! Are these guys available on the gallery?

@ctthomas Yes they are! My Gallery ID is afai1261 :smiley:
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Ive recently downloaded the Curious, Smith and Grunt Households (TS2) from the Gallery. I think they will all be relocating to Strangeville. Im guessing some of the Curious brothers are going to investigate the mystery, but I haven't decided yet.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The Doctor, but I need more info before deciding if I want the pack or not.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I actually want to create a 'perfect' Sim. You know, the type who has their life in order, perfectionist, organised, neat freak etc.

Then watch the events of Strangerville mess up their life :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Well heck, I'm gullible so I plan to have some fun with it. I think I will throw in Caleb and his partner, Greg.

Caleb is a foodie; he will €ΔŦ ŦĦ€ ₣ŘỮƗŦ Ø₣ ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř, ǤØ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř, ΔŇĐ ĴØƗŇ ŦĦ€Μ. *My my Caleb, what big EYES you have, and what big TEETH you have!* Haha, a vampire in dorky wolf's clothing.

His partner Greg is a Detective/Scientist/Botanist/Gardener, so he may possibly join the Military, or hunt clues and solve the mystery, or maybe save the town along with his partner. Then again, maybe he'll build a greenhouse and grow fruit! Who knows?

I don't really know what the game pack can do (or if a vampire can survive there), but I will find out when I am able to scrape some extra money together (it's been a very lean winter). But since it will probably be awhile for me, I will most likely hear from others first what the game is really all about. Have fun with it!
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    TS4 version of the sims 2 Strangetown, the Smiths :3

f8MsreV.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    As many of you here, when I install a new pack, first thing I like to do is creating a new save. I do this with my SimSelf as the only played household (I created her when The Sims 4 released and I keep modifying her slightly), and completely immerse myself in the new content.

Same with StrangerVille - new save with my SimSelf, join the military career and discover the town and its strangeness! :smiley:
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    HannaEB wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    I have way too many options as it seems we can only play the mystery once per save. I tried to make a list:
    • Simeon Lorula - Evil nerd who hasn't been played for a while. I planned him to explore Selvadorada but this could also work.
    • Lilja Hyrskynmyrsky - Aspiring astronaut used to alien stuff because her step mother is one.
    • Marjatta Strösseli - Unflirty geek with not much going on. Could have time for this.
    • Berry Pancakes - Glutton ufologist who loves everything weird.
    • Billie Jang - Geek teenager. Could be the character who saves the day.
    • Saya Tanaka - Lazy klepto who gets drawn into a weird cycle of events. Entered my rotation just recently.
    • Pi Monroe - Teenage scout who explores too far. Eager to move on his own, perhaps to Strangerville?
    • Mara O'Hara - Non-binary geek teenager. Problems at home, could use a chance of scenery.

I vote for Berry Pancakes, just because the name is awesome.

I'm actually starting to lean towards picking Berry (pun intended). She could even have two side kicks move into her house. She got there herself when the previous scinetist was looking for assistants so it would be perfect to continue that legacy.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you for sharing that post, I hadn't seen that one yet! :)

@Sofmc9 That's awesome that you have the Smith family! I was just popping in to share my updated version of Pollination Technician #9 Smith. He was so much fun to outfit. I also gave him a disguise :D

cIffqtX.jpg
    #Team Occult
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i do love so many of the ideas people have in here, whether story snippets, sim concepts (some of them have me considering similar types, like i never considered having a conspiracy theorist paired with making videos/livestreaming because i'm silly),

(cut for brevity) You have an interesting group there!

As for a conspiracy theorist vlogger, this is the guy I am working with. Jaques Mercedes.

czKij6V.png

He's built an end of the world bunker under his trailer:

sns994y.png

Yeah, he belongs in Strangerville! :D

• revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    My play cycle revolves around four sims, Kyra and Eli who are twins, their mother and Eli's on/off bf. This is right up Kyra's alley, she's adventurous and too curious for her own good, Selvadorada has already handed over its secrets so why not Strangeville? Also she's friends with Bella Goth so THAT might get interesting. Their mother is a veteran journalist so she might get involved eventually. I've been vacillating with what to do with bf for a very long while, I know he has a possessive streak and I want him in a job that's high powered, highly skilled and has space for some ruthlessness but haven't found something that really entirely clicks, I've been switching him between business, medicine and acting so I'll try military this time. He might get a bit of a makeover too. It might be interesting to have him and Kyra team up, they don't get as much reason to interface beyond Eli as I might like. Eli is the psychologically fragile artist type, I've never had a sim pull in the mad dosh he does with his paintings, but it would be OOC for him to go sticking his nose in potentially stressful business that doesn't concern him. Ofc he's also a vampire so he's the most physically capable of handling a threat and he might get involved if everyone he cares about is involved. And then do something suitably dramatic, artsy and self-destructive afterwards naturally.

Incidentally this is the first time I have more things I wanna try then I can congruently incorporate into these four's interests/skill sets so I'll have to expand them soon. Nice, if hugely subjective, sign of growth.
    &PHgr;