Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Whatever this is won't ruin Supernatural when it comes out right? And can you even just live in this world without issues, with this mystery going on? Like the vampire town is pretty chill, Vlad just stalks all the worlds now.

That is, if such a pack like Supernatural could ever be released in the future; never expect anything that we already had with Sims 4!

And as for your other question:

Thanks, I just saw the kotaku article saying parts of that. Plus we get laptops. Which is enough to get me to spend some money honestly. Like if it'd come with University, that'd make more sense. But this is ok.

https://kotaku.com/the-sims-4s-upcoming-alien-hijinks-are-optional-1832797748/amp
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Also what's gonna happen to my normal alien and half alien sims?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @LSM36 despite virtually everyone associating the goings-on in strangerville with aliens, and even if they really are tied to space instead of just 'science gone wrong', they don't have to have anything to do with the sixam aliens we got in the get to work pack (in fact, the two species don't even have to know of each others existence. space is huge, after all)

the 'regular' aliens and half-aliens we've gotten from get to work will still be just as they are and i'm actually sending a few into strangerville eventually for various reasons

also, on the 'if it'd come with university' comment, in sims 4, after get to work, they've decided not to do lifestates/occults/whatever you want to call them in expansion packs since they take away some of the focus of those packs. instead they come out in packs fully focused on them so they can be much more fleshed out (like we've all seen with vampires. i'd have loved if aliens got a similar treatment, but such is the price of being the first). so a university pack, if it comes, will not have aliens or zombies or plantsims or whatever. it might have something like the current plantsims or skeletons in the game, a state created for a few days by a buff, but nothing beyond that
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Are we going to have Traits in this game pack @simgirl1010

I haven't seen confirmation of any new traits. :)
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I heard rumors on a YouTube comment thread that we may be getting spiral stairs, due to some speculation around a picture of the plane crash site(that is obviously a front for an underground bunker). Has anyone seen confirmation of this?
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    This is really exciting! XD
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @SimGuruHouts What happens if your sim goes to Strangerville, gets infected and goes home? You say sims in other worlds will not become infected, but does your sim revert back to normal once they are away from the Mother or do they stay infected in their home world? Is there a cure?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimGuruHouts What happens if your sim goes to Strangerville, gets infected and goes home? You say sims in other worlds will not become infected, but does your sim revert back to normal once they are away from the Mother or do they stay infected in their home world? Is there a cure?

Further to that....what happens once it's solved? Will the infection come back again? Or will it just become a normal town? I want to know....lol. I night NOT want to solve it if it makes the strange in Strangerville just go away!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Further to that....what happens once it's solved? Will the infection come back again? Or will it just become a normal town? I want to know....lol. I night NOT want to solve it if it makes the strange in Strangerville just go away!

They said it could be RESET but how is that accomplished? In JA, you can go home, but what happens if you live in Strangerville? You ARE home, so, how do you reset the mystery?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you. I want to solve it, but I also want the weird to remain in my save. So if my kid solves the mystery, does another sim have to start it again? It's just that I want the infection to stay in the town...even if I solve it with a sim. Just trying to see how the 'event' works.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, i'm exactly the same way, @fullspiral. i want to solve it on at least 3 different households, have 2-3 others get partway through and...if i like just how crazy the world can be when you're halfway through the story for it, i might just leave it there

no clue on how we can restart it, just that it can be restarted somehow. my guess is that we'll have an option to do something that destroys all those purple pods and that's the 'now the story is over, strangerville is a totally normal town again' ending that a lot of people will want (if they even begin delving into the story in the first place) while there could be another option of 'leave some pods growing so another sim can find them and start the whole thing over again'. that's just an immediate gut reaction, but we'll see in less than a week
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    depends on the CAS, build, and buy items it comes with.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I don’t know why the beginning had me so tickled!! 😂 I want to know if my sim can be infected I would love that! I don’t want an easy cure either. Anyone know? Or do y’all think it it’ll happen?
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @friendsfan367 Your Simself's apartment was visited by vampires in my ISBI.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Called it. They're defiling my memory of Strangetown. Sigh.

Not really. You have the option of not purchasing. :)

Someone's still gonna spoil the story for me if I wait several weeks or months to purchase.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Where can we find details on what's included in the pack please?

They probably won't release those until literally the week of release.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Simburian wrote: »
    If there isn't a military base I'm going to make one and call it Area 60 because I'm sure the USA has lots more than 51! ;)

Area 69.

...Hmmm that is a movie title I suspect both actually exists AND you shouldn't google for in polite company.

This post makes me wish the Laugh button were back.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2019
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Very true; please everyone, just because you saw something that's probably a confirmation of something in a trailer, doesn't mean that it is what you want it to be. Can't we all just wait for official confirmation before we all start concluding that any martial arts skill is returning? I mean, a military career was quickly confirmed, yet no answers have stemmed from confirmations of a martial arts skill...how strange, don't you think?

I saw a van driving around the streets of StrangerVille in the trailer, driven by govt agents spying on the Sims (which has been confirmed to be a branch of the military career under the term 'Covert Operator', but does that mean cars have been confirmed too and that our Sims can drive them if we become govt agents?

Again, every. time. something like this has been introduced, there has been the associated skill with it. Skating. Boxing, Fishing. Gardening. Wellness. Every. Time.

As for cars... of course not.There is no drivable cars in the game and won't ever be. The game does not support that kind of mechanic, just like it doesn't support open world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The real mystery is how EA continue to make money with sub-par content that is worse than their previous games which you can now find in bargain bins. Why buy these overpriced paces of nothing when you can go to your local Cex (or equivalent) and buy TS2 for like 99p (cents), give the code to them, and get a full game!

Well I don't know... Maybe because that's your personal opinion? Sims 2 is, after all, a far inferior game to this. AND looks ANCIENT. Graphics are horrible, on top of it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 Your Simself's apartment was visited by vampires in my ISBI.

don'tturn me. i have vampirephobia. :):p
    edited February 2019
    My ideal Strangertown pack would have the following (yes, this is a wish list - it will be too long to be a demand list, and if they added them all it would be an EP). Also, I have apparently been living under a rock since I have neither watched the Stranger things tv show nor played the Stranger Things video game on any medium.
    *Laptops
    *Fun hats like tinfoil, and hats with flashing lights on them, and a construction hard hat.
    *Construction vest and construction decoration objects.
    *Military career
    *Martial arts skill and practice object(s).
    *Additional skills for aliens only
    *Zombie trait
    *Conspiracy theorist trait
    *Time travel (unlocking several large hidden lots)
    *Extra trait slot added for teen and older Sims
    *Robots
    *Servo
    *Insane/controlling central computer with AI gone haywire
    *New club activities related to the pack, plus club activities added via patch for previous packs (there is no karaoke club because singing is not a club activity - this should be fixed, along with adding snow-related seasonal activities)
    *Western-themed objects and clothing
    *Futuristic-themed objects and clothing
    *Capes, costumes, and tights (can you tell most of the TV shows I watch on weekends are either Marvel or DC?)
    *Lovecraftian elements
    *Spiral and L-shaped or curved stairs
    *Cars, subways, buses, taxis, limos, airplanes, helicopters, RVs, boats. (Can you see a theme here? I know it isn't coming this pack, but I can wish.)
    *Smaller telescope object (seriously, the observatory belongs either on a mansion lot or on a community lot)
    *Smaller microscope object (because home science nuts don't have microscopes half the size of their house).
    *More new recipes (I enjoyed the Brain Freeze snack that came with the Sims 3 zombies though I hated the way the zombies destroyed gardens)
    *Elixirs or objects that change Sims traits
    *Radioactive buff
    *Scared buff - If they can't make it a full-fledged emotion due to programming issues, at least make it a buff.
    *Pit beast - Sims can eat it at Chez Llama, why not be able to fight it and take a piece of it home? (Or, be eaten by it Medieval Sim style)
    *25 lots - I already know this won't happen since the number of lots has been confirmed, but I can dream.
    *New venue types - and the ability to select and create these new venues.
    *New activities available only to Sims who have reached a certain career level.
    *Option for pre-created Sims to keep their existing jobs (ie Mixologist, Chef, Human Statue, Waiter/Waitress, Gardener, Repairperson, Maid, Nanny, Landlord, Instrumentalist, Food Stand Worker) as a rabbithole job when played or choose new job or none. Alternatively, in household edit be able to view unplayed Sim's careers.

Yeah, I know. I don't ask for a lot.

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Well this is bizarre...I dig it.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    Unbelievably disappointing. Another boring desert world and not everyone has seen Stranger Things.

This kills my hope that occult players will ever see witches.

To be fair, everyone's taste is different. I would never buy a Witches pack, but I will definitely buy this.

Same. I don't like occults.

Yeah... I bought vampires specifically because well... I like vampires, specifically. If I could, I would turn ghosts off completely, and limit aliens to only be able to come if you have the portal, period. No hidden aliens and NO alien bar nights.

Also, as a person who can't stand Stranger Things, I am a little worried about people comparing it to that...

You can do all that with MCC. I'm not entirely sure about ghosts, but you can certainly play with occult population percentages, and percentage chance of abduction, that kind of thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top