Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've always been a big fan of SciFi, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, etc. movies and books. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors if that tells you anything. So, this GP looks very intriguing to me. I'd still like to know more about it though. It sounds as if once you play out the mystery, it's solved and won't regenerate again with anything new.

While that's a bit disappointing, I'm still excited for it for a number of reasons.

First, would be the new world. While I haven't played much in Oasis Springs, and this does look similar, it also looks quite different to me. I love the background with those red rocks. It reminds me of the movie, "Close encounters of the Third Kind." Those mountains are shaped kind of like Devil's Rock.

The trailers/motorhomes remind me of another Scifi movie, "Independence Day." I have a feeling they're just decor items though, which is a shame. But, I also love the crashed military airplane that's been confirmed to "not be just a decor object." I'm sure it has something to do with the mystery and our Sims will be able to interact with it. How much? I have no idea.

I'm also loving all the new plants, trees and purported collectibles. I'm curious exactly what those will be. The trailer shows a windmill which has me excited. I hope it's not just a 'background' decor item. I'd love to use that on my Sims lot.

Second, speaking of objects, there's a new laptop, lots of clutter, science/lab objects, martial arts kick stand, what looks like a new jukebox and I'm sure more that I missed or hasn't been shown yet. Very excited about the possibility of standing photographs too. I hope and pray that wasn't just staged for the trailer.

Third, the CAS clothing, hair, etc. looks wonderful! I really like the more 'ordinary' western/prairie/Mad Max vibe going on with it and the military/secret agent stuff looks great too!

Lastly, speaking of military, I always LOVED the military career in TS2 and was hoping it would be brought back one day for TS4. That and the martial arts skill gives this GP another big plus in my eyes! I'm super excited for that!

I want to give a big KUDOS to the Devs or whomever was responsible for the trailer. One of their best if not THE best they've ever done in my opinion. Very mysterious, intriguing and creepy! *shivers* Especially the transformation scene at the beginning! I got some big time "An American Werewolf in London" movie vibes from that. It looks so similar to how the star of that movie transformed. Freaked me out to be honest, but in a GOOD way.

I'm curious to find out what the end of the trailer means, with that mushroom cloud. Was that the "Mother' taking over and infecting the entire town? Or was it the final ending/triumphant solution to the mystery and a "cleansing" for Strangerville? I guess we'll soon find out eh? ;)

Happy Simming Y'all! <3

Martial arts skill has not been confirmed! Not sure why I keep seeing people say that!

You didn't see the trailer?

Yes I saw the trailer. They only showed the girl practicing her fighting moves on that exercise object. That is not confirmation of a full-blown martial arts skill in any way. I really wish it was a full-blown skill like Sims 3 World Adventures had but there is no confirmation of it at all.
  • Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Yeah, I wonder if it's just a new fitness object? I'm not super hooked on the idea of martial arts, so I don't mind either way.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I've always been a big fan of SciFi, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, etc. movies and books. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors if that tells you anything. So, this GP looks very intriguing to me. I'd still like to know more about it though. It sounds as if once you play out the mystery, it's solved and won't regenerate again with anything new.

While that's a bit disappointing, I'm still excited for it for a number of reasons.

First, would be the new world. While I haven't played much in Oasis Springs, and this does look similar, it also looks quite different to me. I love the background with those red rocks. It reminds me of the movie, "Close encounters of the Third Kind." Those mountains are shaped kind of like Devil's Rock.

The trailers/motorhomes remind me of another Scifi movie, "Independence Day." I have a feeling they're just decor items though, which is a shame. But, I also love the crashed military airplane that's been confirmed to "not be just a decor object." I'm sure it has something to do with the mystery and our Sims will be able to interact with it. How much? I have no idea.

I'm also loving all the new plants, trees and purported collectibles. I'm curious exactly what those will be. The trailer shows a windmill which has me excited. I hope it's not just a 'background' decor item. I'd love to use that on my Sims lot.

Second, speaking of objects, there's a new laptop, lots of clutter, science/lab objects, martial arts kick stand, what looks like a new jukebox and I'm sure more that I missed or hasn't been shown yet. Very excited about the possibility of standing photographs too. I hope and pray that wasn't just staged for the trailer.

Third, the CAS clothing, hair, etc. looks wonderful! I really like the more 'ordinary' western/prairie/Mad Max vibe going on with it and the military/secret agent stuff looks great too!

Lastly, speaking of military, I always LOVED the military career in TS2 and was hoping it would be brought back one day for TS4. That and the martial arts skill gives this GP another big plus in my eyes! I'm super excited for that!

I want to give a big KUDOS to the Devs or whomever was responsible for the trailer. One of their best if not THE best they've ever done in my opinion. Very mysterious, intriguing and creepy! *shivers* Especially the transformation scene at the beginning! I got some big time "An American Werewolf in London" movie vibes from that. It looks so similar to how the star of that movie transformed. Freaked me out to be honest, but in a GOOD way.

I'm curious to find out what the end of the trailer means, with that mushroom cloud. Was that the "Mother' taking over and infecting the entire town? Or was it the final ending/triumphant solution to the mystery and a "cleansing" for Strangerville? I guess we'll soon find out eh? ;)

Happy Simming Y'all! <3

Martial arts skill has not been confirmed! Not sure why I keep seeing people say that!

You didn't see the trailer?

Yes I saw the trailer. They only showed the girl practicing her fighting moves on that exercise object. That is not confirmation of a full-blown martial arts skill in any way. I really wish it was a full-blown skill like Sims 3 World Adventures had but there is no confirmation of it at all.

I might be leaping to conclusions, but it's like a "leap" of half an inch.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited February 2019
    Looks fun, but is it a new world or just something like the Jungle game pack and the outdoor retreat one, where you just visit the town, but never get to live there! I would want it to be that we can live there, and I hope the military career will be back too!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @pookysimslover, yes, your Sim can live there. It's like Forgotten Hollow, except that it comes with 11 lots you can build on plus one that you can't. And the military career is back.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Strangerville looks and sounds like a great place to build a school for magic.

To me that would be Windenburg, hands down. Or maybe Forgotten Hollow. Strangerville... If they somehow incorporated the Aliens and especially the Science Career into it (which they won't, because they need the packs to be able to work without eachother)... If I could actually get that, I might consider living in that town as a mad scientist.

True. I have a HP save where the island is the area where Hogwarts, Three Broom Sticks, Hagrid's Hut and a couple of others are located while students live in the city or countryside.

I was thinking of a Brakebills type of place. A Magic Academy of sorts.
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Really excited for this! Love all these quirky environs and items, woohoo!!
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
    OMG YES YES YES YES YES, X 50 MILLION YES!!! I am so excited for this! :squeals and stomps feed excitedly:
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Do we know any lot sizes yet? If there is one large enough, SV would be a great world to place my M*A*S*H 4077 lot and household. They could relocate there to help keep the peace. So glad we have military stuff in CAS.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Dannydanbo all I have seen so far on lots is this information by Kate.
    "A couple questions I’ve been seeing about StrangerVille and want to clarify.

- The world is fully residential, it is not a destination/vacation world
    - The world has 11 lots which you can buid on and one secret lot
    - The Military Career is a fully playable career like Gardening"

Later on she says, "I’m currently on vacation so I can’t get lot sizes. Perhaps one of the GCs will share lot sizes when they get early access and the embargo lifts!"

So I guess we need to wait for the embargo to lift. >.<
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member

@alan650111 I apologize for including the martial arts skill as a fact in my post. I just assumed from what was shown in the trailer it was a new skill. I've modified my post to reflect that I believe it is a 'potential' skill until we get confirmation. Thank you for pointing out my error! Happy Simming! :)

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    my take on the whole 'story elements are around but don't do anything until you specifically poke at them and you need to finish the story fully to get rid of them entirely' mostly revolves around those purple pod things you see in the trailer and various screenshots. those will be around so that people can have their sims investigate them (or talk to military/scientist sims in the world about them) and that's what kicks off the whole weirdness. so, you don't poke one with your sim, you never get the infection or whatever it is

and then, because of the way the story ends (or one ending, possibly, since it seems we can restart the story if we want), the thing that creates the pods is killed, so all the pods vanish too. that way, no weirdness ever in your game again. so yes, the whole 'you have to play the whole story to get rid of it completely but we didn't want to force you to play the story to avoid weirdness' makes sense if done that way
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I'm really interested to see how you will play the story, none of the previous expansions have had any stories so I am hoping for more stories that you could play in the future. Who knows, maybe modders can use the tools to create their own stories?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Very true; please everyone, just because you saw something that's probably a confirmation of something in a trailer, doesn't mean that it is what you want it to be. Can't we all just wait for official confirmation before we all start concluding that any martial arts skill is returning? I mean, a military career was quickly confirmed, yet no answers have stemmed from confirmations of a martial arts skill...how strange, don't you think?

I saw a van driving around the streets of StrangerVille in the trailer, driven by govt agents spying on the Sims (which has been confirmed to be a branch of the military career under the term 'Covert Operator', but does that mean cars have been confirmed too and that our Sims can drive them if we become govt agents?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

@alan650111 I apologize for including the martial arts skill as a fact in my post. I just assumed from what was shown in the trailer it was a new skill. I've modified my post to reflect that I believe it is a 'potential' skill until we get confirmation. Thank you for pointing out my error! Happy Simming! :)

Ohh that's quite fine. Trust me, I desperately wish Sims 4 would get martial arts! It was such an awesome skill in Sims 3 World Adventures!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My brother is begging me to buy this... If only I didn't want other stuff more.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > IS THIS A LAPTOP ????

OMG MY DREAM COME TRUE
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Very true; please everyone, just because you saw something that's probably a confirmation of something in a trailer, doesn't mean that it is what you want it to be. Can't we all just wait for official confirmation before we all start concluding that any martial arts skill is returning? I mean, a military career was quickly confirmed, yet no answers have stemmed from confirmations of a martial arts skill...how strange, don't you think?

I saw a van driving around the streets of StrangerVille in the trailer, driven by govt agents spying on the Sims (which has been confirmed to be a branch of the military career under the term 'Covert Operator', but does that mean cars have been confirmed too and that our Sims can drive them if we become govt agents?

Cars have been confirmed to NOT be in the pack :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    Are we going to have Traits in this game pack @simgirl1010
  • Options

I'm with you on this. I don't think they would go to the time and effort to create a new object for martial arts and then create the "moves" to practice on it without adding in a skill also. They know how disappointed we would be to get the actions and the object without a matching skill. True, it is still unconfirmed, but I have hope. It would be the one disappointment in this pack so far. Plus, I want to challenge other sims to rumble. :D
  • Options
    AbbyPlayzAbbyPlayz Posts: 2 New Member
    I CANT WAIT
  • Options
    KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    The real mystery is how EA continue to make money with sub-par content that is worse than their previous games which you can now find in bargain bins. Why buy these overpriced paces of nothing when you can go to your local Cex (or equivalent) and buy TS2 for like 99p (cents), give the code to them, and get a full game!
  • Options
    EMCba2600EMCba2600 Posts: 38 Member
    Whoa! Way to spring this on us unexpectedly! I'm so happy for this pack!!!!!!
    Origin ID: EMCba2600
    tumblr
    Daily Updates and More!
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Whatever this is won't ruin Supernatural when it comes out right? And can you even just live in this world without issues, with this mystery going on? Like the vampire town is pretty chill, Vlad just stalks all the worlds now.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Whatever this is won't ruin Supernatural when it comes out right? And can you even just live in this world without issues, with this mystery going on? Like the vampire town is pretty chill, Vlad just stalks all the worlds now.

That is, if such a pack like Supernatural could ever be released in the future; never expect anything that we already had with Sims 4!

And as for your other question:

Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top