Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• herosesims3herosesims3 Posts: 10 New Member
    i got a bad glitch on my 1st save file. i only had supernatural last time i played it. i couldnt have my sims go into certain spots in the kitchen. i had to move/add furniture to let them do things that i couldnt with the space blocked. and also, it wasnt a custom town and i didnt have a single bit of custom content, only store content, and not a single mod either. i also notice that my sims always HAVE to go outside to play their guitar. i stopped full moon's now but not then so it was a pain. please answer this glitch if you can
    edited May 2015
    and i dont know the patch i was at :( and it was supernatural, not just the patch i use pc too, please @crinrict help if you can
    forgot to say..i was using the supernatural town ( forgot the name ) and dont suggest mods, im opposed to those
    Post edited by herosesims3 on
    BUMP!
    > @herosesims3 said:
    > BUMP!
    >
    i dont know how to use bumps yet...srry!
    > @herosesims3 said:
    > i got a bad glitch on my 1st save file. i only had supernatural last time i played it. i couldnt have my sims go into certain spots in the kitchen. i had to move/add furniture to let them do things that i couldnt with the space blocked. and also, it wasnt a custom town and i didnt have a single bit of custom content, only store content, and not a single mod either. i also notice that my sims always HAVE to go outside to play their guitar. i stopped full moon's now but not then so it was a pain. please answer this glitch if you can

all help is appreciated
  • Stogaf111Stogaf111 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi,
    I have the following problem: When I play a vampire with the lifetime wish turn the town, he gets the wish to drink a sim´s plasma. When he´d done that, the wish isn´t fulfilled and I get no lifetime reward points. But when I look at the counter of the lifetime wish on from how many sims I have drunken, the number has increased. Has anyone had that problem too? And are there any solutions out yet?
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    There seems to be a bug with zombies, sometimes one of the NPC sims will become one and you can't throw potions at them
    -Temp Fix: Reset the glitched sim and get them off your lot any time they show up
    how many times do i have to post this to get help?!?!? i cant move in certain areas, mainly in my sims kitchen, im in the supernatural town, and
    only have SN and LN, but when it started, all i had was SN. and dont suggest mods, i dont DO them. they ruin sims!!! ok? THANKD
  • lilimimi9lilimimi9 Posts: 22 Member
    awesome! i just start play sims3 :)
  • MuffinKillerMuffinKiller Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone,
    I was moving my vampire sims from Moonlight Falls to Monte Vista then to Riverview. For some reason, after moving, I noticed that my vampires all weren't obviously vampires like before. For example though the mom was a vampire, now her hunger meter is like she's a normal human. Is this a glitch?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sounds like a glitch, but I haven't played many Vampires so I am not as familiar. Do you have an earlier save from when they were behaving normally?
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Has anyone else had an issue with their expansions not connecting? Meaning, if I want to make a pet, I must select pets. If I want to make a fairy, I must select supernatural. Used to, when everything was installed, you just click on the latest icon on the desktop and ALL of the expansions and stuff packs were active. Now if I want to make a witch with a cat, both pets and supernatural must be selected. Is this because I downloaded a couple of the expansions from Origin? When I do select more than one, a message pops up about choosing more than two could interfere with game performance. But what if I want to give my witch a familiar AND a job that is available through Ambitions and then wants to travel which would requires World Adventures, then wants to make a robot or travel to the future? (Into the Future)

Is there a way to make sure they all connect to one another without having to physically select the ones you want to play at that time?

I know this must sound confusing. I'm at work and trying to hurry. Sorry
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @Scorpina2009 I haven't been playing TS3 too much since they made the update that added this feature into the Launcher, but as far as I know if you have any of your games installed as a download through Origin you must select what expansions you want loaded up when you play the game. I found this really frustrating because I thought if I downloaded my expansions that they would just load up when I went to play, but now every time I go in it asks which expansions I want active and yells at me not to play more than recommended. If I only wanted to add one or two expansions in to the base game I would've bought only two expansions, instead of buying them all and then only getting to play with a couple at a time for performance reasons. I don't know the ramifications for if you load up a couple expansions for one play session and then uncheck those for the next time through, but I would assume that it would either corrupt the save or you would lose any progress that is linked to the expansion that is no longer active.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Man this really bites !!
    Thanks for answering :)
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    Unless TS3 launcher has updated somehow, you can select all of your available content to be loaded when you play through a tab in the launcher. The only way mine uncheck themselves is if I purchase a new EP/stuff pack. Even then, all I have to do is select them all and play. They all stay selected for me once checked in the launcher.
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    This has always been an issue for me, but it was something EA never fixed with Supernatural, and that is that my werewolves transform into a random werewolf every cycle. Say I give him FaceA with purple hair and a downward nose for his wolfie state. First time he transforms, he gets FaceA with purple hair and downward nose. Next lunar cycle, he gets Random FaceB with random hair and nose. Next lunar cycle he gets either gets Random FaceB with random hair and nose, or Random FaceC, etc.

I have the Nraas mod that supposedly fixed this, but it doesn't actually fix it.

For me, this means the werewolf state is unplayable, because when you make a sim you want it to look a certain way. Instead, you get a pudding face with fangs sticking out all over the place and some random misplaced hairdo.

Why was this not fixed? Surely, it must be just some weird dice-roll glitch that reverts to picking something rather than choosing what was saved in the CAS?
  • DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2018
    I know this is beating a dead horse, but ya know how when a werewolf sim is in werewolf form, their energy drains, and fills as well, super slow? But the energy drains and refills normally in normal sim mode? Are they ever going to fix the bug where a level 10 werewolf sim gains energy slowly when resting while they're not in werewolf form, making it impossible to get well rested? They've tweaked sims 3 for dumb stuff in the last couple years, so they ARE still messing with it. You think they'd spend that time on the more negative bugs...
    If they haven't yet, then probably not as they have stopped developing TS3 entirely. Work-around: use NRaas Master Controller and assign the moodlet manually.
  • ItzOfficiallyMeItzOfficiallyMe Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone got a glitch where your simology section in game is all black only showing traits and no age or anything
    I haven't, no. Sorry. :(
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    I know this is beating a dead horse, but ya know how when a werewolf sim is in werewolf form, their energy drains, and fills as well, super slow? But the energy drains and refills normally in normal sim mode? Are they ever going to fix the bug where a level 10 werewolf sim gains energy slowly when resting while they're not in werewolf form, making it impossible to get well rested? They've tweaked sims 3 for dumb stuff in the last couple years, so they ARE still messing with it. You think they'd spend that time on the more negative bugs...
    Actually sorry, but no EA has not done this. The last meaningful patch we got, one that actually affected the game files, was the post-ITF one also known as 1.66 back in Jan 2014, so that's over four years ago now. The one that came out just after in the same month, 1.67, was one trivial fix. Patch 1.69 that was released in late 2015 and refined in Jan 2016 was all about the Origin/Launcher tie-in and the way in which the game starts up, no changes were made to gameplay at all.

There is no TS3 development team. It would be very interesting if EA were to ever restaff it, but just doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen at this point.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • XuXueXuXue Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all,

There are 2 random black ovals that appeared on my sims 3 house and I cannot do anything with it.
    It shows as no interaction available when I hover over it, but it says cannot move object in use in build mode.
    It's just 2 random black ovals on my floor. I don't know what's happening, help!
    edited February 2019
    XuXue wrote: »
    Hi all,

There are 2 random black ovals that appeared on my sims 3 house and I cannot do anything with it.
    It shows as no interaction available when I hover over it, but it says cannot move object in use in build mode.
    It's just 2 random black ovals on my floor. I don't know what's happening, help!
    Those are likely abandoned social jigs. These are (usually) invisible objects that get left behind when an action involving one or more sims ends unexpectedly. You're actually fortunate to be seeing the black ovals, in many cases they never reveal their exact locations but still serve to get in the way of things.

For those not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module required) can be used to list these out by doing, on the lot menu, NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory and select anything with the word "jig" in the name to Flush (force-delete).

The way to get rid of them without mods is to retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the screen, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace the lot with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. I would recommend doing a Save As (change the name) first or working on a copy of your game save before doing this kind of lot reset just to make sure nothing goes wrong along the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • joanka16joanka16 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello everybody,
    I had my sim learned all available elixirs recipes. Then I've accidentally launched Sims 3 without Supernatural active. Later I've launched again, with Supernatural active, and obviously Alchemy skill had disappeared, so I've made my sim learn it again (no problem), as well as potions recipes. Sim has managed to learn all the recipes at the Alchemy Stations but I have a problem with Recipe Books. I've purchased all of them and my sim cannot read them, she can only REREAD them and while she does so, there is no green stripe upon her head. The reading itself doesn't ever come to an end.

Is there any way to fix this and have my sim learn from Recipe Books again?
    @joanka16 - If not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats add-on module also required) could be used to restore the knowledge of the elixir recipes that got lost.

Otherwise, I believe the only way to fix this would be to revert to a prior save from before the game was ever started up without SN and replay from there, provided such a save is available. This would be advisable anyway, if it's possible, since there could be other missing or now corrupt data about the sims in this ongoing game that hasn't yet become apparent.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top