Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Endless presents?

Any one else getting present piles that never stop giving? My sims family just got the pile of presents you put under the tree on Winterfest and it is almost summer now and every day each family member has been able to open a present and sneak a present. No one has added any presents to the stack other than what Father Winter brought - maybe he felt bad for giving one of the sims poop when he asked for a present and left a ton of presents! I admit I am exploiting it since these sims are rather poor ;)

I have played other families in this rotation and some did have presents that lasted a few days but never this long - I am curious how long this will go on for the other family.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerboy6dreamerboy6 Posts: 8 New Member
    It seems like it's happening to me too, but I don't know. I have a huge family of 8 so I put down two piles. One ran out a while ago, but the other one's still going strong. How long until the second one runs out too? They've already gotten like 10k+ simoleons out of all this and I'm starting to feel like I'm cheating on the challenge I'm doing. :/
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't have this problem but I have a lot of gifts coming out of the mailbox any time a sim ages up. And it's almost always a toy the family already owns.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Yeah, I get the unlimited presents so after the holiday I pack up everything into the household inventory.
  • Options
    MelissaLiMelissaLi Posts: 20 Member
    yeah that happened to me.. its realyl strange but i try putting away all the christmas stuff
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeye
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yeah, I left my tree up after the holiday and my sim seemed to get downer gifts. Who needs a Large Poop? I undecorated my tree after Christmas and take down all decorations.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I have seen this crop up recently in my 100 Baby Challenge. It really helped everyone's glum moods, but it definitely seems to be a bug.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    > @FoxxWillPlay said:
    > I have seen this crop up recently in my 100 Baby Challenge. It really helped everyone's glum moods, but it definitely seems to be a bug.

You're all making me feel super validated in my decision to just get rid of them. I still wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but it felt too much like cheating so I tossed 'em last night. I'm doing the 100 Baby Challenge too and definitely don't want to cheat. I wonder if I should sell their nice new stove and repurchase some things to sort of burn through some of this money they shouldn't have... :neutral: I do so love their Schmapple stove though, hahaha. :smile:
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I think it somewhat depends on how the presents are opened. I have noticed that if you do the 'open presents with ...' so that the whole household is opening at once - then the present pile is depleted right away usually. If the Sims open one at a time - they seem to last forever!
    I admit that sometimes I exploit it and sometimes it just feels too cheaty depending on what sort of story I am playing - plus if you leave them out, the Sims are always getting whims to open a present. In the game I am playing now - I even got just the smallest present pile to see if it would do the same as the big present pile and so far it is still going strong through 4 generations!
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Present piles give infinite gifts, but there seems to be a cooldown. I'm speculating they designed it that way so that players can use the presents on their own holidays. The gifts seem to be low-value items, so it isn't gamebreaking to me. I'd recommend removing them when playing challenges, though. I think father Winter's gifts are once per holiday, but he can give larger and more expensive items.
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely got some big ticket items worth around 4k simoleons. :|
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    > @dreamerboy6 said:
    > > @FoxxWillPlay said:
    > > I have seen this crop up recently in my 100 Baby Challenge. It really helped everyone's glum moods, but it definitely seems to be a bug.
    >
    > You're all making me feel super validated in my decision to just get rid of them. I still wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but it felt too much like cheating so I tossed 'em last night. I'm doing the 100 Baby Challenge too and definitely don't want to cheat. I wonder if I should sell their nice new stove and repurchase some things to sort of burn through some of this money they shouldn't have... :neutral: I do so love their Schmapple stove though, hahaha. :smile:

I had my sims donating to charity though the computer to offset the generosity of Father Winter. 😋 It does boost fame a bit, but I don't feel like that goes against the spirit of the challenge. I'm not exactly following the rules exactly anyway. 😏 (Also, that Schmapple stove is schomething schmecial... love it too!)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I got a lot of presents once, but they stopped after a while.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I get so many to, and the same things a lot to :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I'm not entirely sure if it's endless, but I haven't ever had my pile of presents run out. But then again I try to have my Sim add a gift to the pile when it comes time to open something so that it wouldn't run out. Assuming that's how it works anyway.