Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer longer or shorter announce-to-release cycles?

So back in TS3 we’ve had packs that were announced almost a whole year before release (Into The Future for example). Now we have StrangerVille that’s announced less than a week before release. Would you rather have packs to be announced as early as possible, or as late as possible?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Do you prefer longer or shorter announce-to-release cycles? 305 votes

Longer. I prefer knowing packs as early as possible
31%
auroraael14icmnfrshCaptainTHPS4alexspoom13MLadyAzzeraTheLibrarySimfruitsmisAlrynnkeekee53StrangerthanDarkSlayer1331ANNETTE1951SimpkinElegantblkchina1JestTruBagoas77g01denswanmoltaziaRoboSpongieSjofn 97 votes
Shorter. I’d like to be surprised or I hate waiting
68%
KolbyOneAdorkableGirlJeanGRIMMYrudy8292BreeSashaKita5399IcewolfHejixalan650111IceyJaprilrosestoryyaelias24rjhenn14overonVibseKelleygirlWritin_RegIsb917 208 votes

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    i enjoy not knowing everything in advance.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Tough one. A shorter wait time between announcement and pack is nice, but that also means a longer period of no news.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I remember those long wait days for expansions. I hated them! It was torture having to wait all that time. I’m loving the shorter release dates. I’d rather go a bit longer “in the dark” than be tortured with what I couldn’t have haha.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Love the surprises. However I do miss those wild speculations when packs where announce advanced by the quarterly teasers.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Shorter.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I get antsy when I know something new is on the way. A week's notice gives me just enough time to get my Sims ready for their new adventure.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I have anxiety and it can be pretty annoying to wait months for something i want.
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I love being surprised. Not having to wait too long after announcements.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I honestly don't care tbh.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I like reading about all of the speculations before the content is released. The rampant imagination is really entertaining and should be more observed by the developers because it's usually better.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Definitely shorter. It gives people way less time to rip a pack apart for every perceived failure (any actual failures will still be there after it releases). It also means we might actually get to be surprised by stuff, instead of having it all released in teasers leading up to it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Definitely shorter. It gives people way less time to rip a pack apart for every perceived failure (any actual failures will still be there after it releases). It also means we might actually get to be surprised by stuff, instead of having it all released in teasers leading up to it.

Haha, I was getting ready to post something similar. The shorter time frame gives us a change to delve into the pack and actually discover features for ourselves without all the wild speculation and misinformation that often occurs.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, if anything is coming out I want to know right before, not months or years before. The waiting to find out stuff is so annoying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Shorter, definitely - I usually want to buy it as soon as it's announced!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow I guess they are doing things right if most people prefer shorter. I hate waiting for information even more than waiting for the game to come out. Even worse, when we finally get information being disappointed it wasn't what you wanted.

I like to complete my rotation before the next big thing comes out. Like now, I am in the middle of my rotation. Am I going to stop to go check out this new mystery that really is not part of my rotation story?? Nope but if I knew in advanced I could have planned for it. I like mapping stuff out. I was able to do it in 3 and 2, this game not so much.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Longer, mostly because I like being excited and knowing certain content that I might want (*cough Witches*) is being worked on, thus giving me hope and a sense of peace.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I prefer not waiting a long time after the announcement, since usually there’s already a wait for the announcement itself.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    This time I think they have got it just right.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I like it when we don't have to wait a full month.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Tough one I like a bit of both
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I miss the old days when we learned the theme of the next pack 6 months in advance. The wait was longer but the speculation was fun. I wish the devs would give us the theme well in advance so we could submit ideas for things we would like see in the pack. Some of the ideas in this forum are truly amazing and should be incorporated.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Shorter. When the time between announcement and release is too long I kind of get bored waiting. Speculation goes wild, people get their hopes up for things that won't happen, people argue, bleh. Plus knowing the stuff is coming always makes me want to hold off on my current game which sometimes puts me off playing altogether. Knowing a GP a week in advance gives my time to set up without dead time.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I honestly had no opinion, until this GP announcement had the whole community on their toes! It was so much fun speculating what was going to be announced and even once it happened, the buzz only died down a notch or so. Now we are all (well maybe not everyone lol) excited and ready to play! And we don't have to wait long to be able to do so.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Even if I like the idea for the pack, I'd like to have as much info about it as possible before release.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It genuinely makes no difference to me. You're either waiting for release or waiting for an announcement. In one scenario you know what's coming and in the other you don't. Regardless of which they do, people get antsy. I'm indifferent to either method since I'm generally a patient person and I don't really need to be constantly reminded that content is in development.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)