Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 aging the neighbourhood.

To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
I remember there was an option to age up the townie friends of your sims when you aged up an active sim, what expansion did this come with, and how do I get it to work as I’m no longer getting the option. Thanks.

—T

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    FreeTime.

Do you play with any mods?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I remember there was an option to age up the townie friends of your sims when you aged up an active sim, what expansion did this come with, and how do I get it to work as I’m no longer getting the option. Thanks.

—T

See if any of this conversation makes any sense to you. Possible mod or hack conflict.

http://modthesims.info/t/334233
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

I think any time your sim has a birthday you get that option. However I feel like the system is flawed because it's always giving me Sims that aren't friends as well as some who are or a very limited amount who are friends. Plus you can only age up 3 friends per birthday so that kind of stinks as well.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2019
    If you have installed mods by bunch (some do that like me) I know at least 1 mod from Cyjan which deactivate that from the original game.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This is horrible I know but after like two or three generations, I usually hire a DMA hitman(its a mod) and kill off a bunch of townies so new ones are created LMAO. I do that with college NPCs too.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > This is horrible I know but after like two or three generations, I usually hire a DMA hitman(its a mod) and kill off a bunch of townies so new ones are created LMAO. I do that with college NPCs too.

I age them up as I play. So each time one of my playable Sims ages up to an elder, I age a townie up to an elder. Then I move the elder townie into a retirement home that I built. Each time one of my playables dies, I go in and kill off one of the elder townies from the home. This keeps things moving along without making me feel too guilty! Lol
    > @keekee53 said:
    > This is horrible I know but after like two or three generations, I usually hire a DMA hitman(its a mod) and kill off a bunch of townies so new ones are created LMAO. I do that with college NPCs too.

I age them up as I play. So each time one of my playable Sims ages up to an elder, I age a townie up to an elder. Then I move the elder townie into a retirement home that I built. Each time one of my playables dies, I go in and kill off one of the elder townies from the home. This keeps things moving along without making me feel too guilty! Lol

Yeah but it is only sims your sims know and cant age them up pass Elder :(
    I also use mods to prevent any new townies from being created until I want them to. My Sims know ALL the townies in my 'hood so this doesn't really pose a problem for me.

You could always just teleport the townies you want to age to a lot using Sim Blender and then age them or kill them. That's basically what I do. I just have a method for it so it makes sense with the aging of the rest of the neighborhood.

And no, you don't age them up past elder. You just kill them - or simulate their deaths if you wanna say it nicely.
    I also use mods to prevent any new townies from being created until I want them to. My Sims know ALL the townies in my 'hood so this doesn't really pose a problem for me.

You could always just teleport the townies you want to age to a lot using Sim Blender and then age them or kill them. That's basically what I do. I just have a method for it so it makes sense with the aging of the rest of the neighborhood.

And no, you don't age them up past elder. You just kill them - or simulate their deaths if you wanna say it nicely.

LOL exactly :)
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2019
    > @keekee53 said:

Hai Again Cindy xD, i think i find you everywhere.... lol

Also, For my townies, i age them up as i play my household, it feels really weird to have your friend sim still be young while you casually grow up..
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    Well Hello there @HeyItsKoffee ! :)

I agree. It does seem really weird to have Sims that just stay the same age forever. I have to age them up or it starts to bother me.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I actually LOVE that Sims I don't play don't age.
    I ENJOY the game more when I know all the townies and yet I can make more if I want. They don't go and get married without my doing, they don't move away without my doing. It's my game and I love it this way. It's not weird to me since TS2 has Always been this way- and since TS was too, it's the Sims. The newer games are the Weird ones. :sunglasses:
    I like it that they don't age without my permission - but I still want them to age with my Sims.

I do the same thing when I play TS3 rotationally. I allow all townies to age one week for every one-week "round" that I play my other families. I wish I could do this in TS2, but instead I have to age them up manually along with their friends. It all works out in the end though!