Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trait Ideas

2...Next

Comments

• KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    What about autism to be a trait
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Some traits should be more nuanced and have gradients or sliders maybe based upon a pool of "trait points" or something. Sometimes I just want a sim to be a little evil or a little sloppy and not full on.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Adventurous
    Encouraging
    Cunning
    Loyal
    Hedonistic
    Unbound
    Quiet
    Serious
    Spoiled
    Judgmental
    Warm Hearted
    Vindictive
    Impulsive
    Pompous
    Precocious
    Dreamer

are just a handful of what I need to complete my characters
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Adventurous
    Encouraging
    Cunning
    Loyal
    Hedonistic
    Unbound
    Quiet
    Serious
    Spoiled
    Judgmental
    Warm Hearted
    Vindictive
    Impulsive
    Pompous
    Precocious
    Dreamer

are just a handful of what I need to complete my characters

Love to hear your thoughts on how these would play out in the game if you ever get time to.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I like these traits as most of them can be implemented alongside the existing traits while also steering away from the extreme "general" style of traits in TS4. Trait slots can be increased and we can have more specific traits again that make sims more distinctive.
    I like these traits as most of them can be implemented alongside the existing traits while also steering away from the extreme "general" style of traits in TS4. Trait slots can be increased and we can have more specific traits again that make sims more distinctive.

Like Dance Machine? :p

Yeah, the traits we have now are such a mix match with some useful and others hardly affecting the game at all. They seem hesitant to add any new traits in too, with only eight additional traits being added (with packs) since the base game.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2019
    Love to hear your thoughts on how these would play out in the game if you ever get time to.
    I'll go into detail with the ones I really want and how they should work than they use too, and leave the ones, I think are self explanatory.

Adventurous - These sims love to explore new Cities, new relationships, especially with other life states, new skills, careers, They simply thrive on new experiences... At least once anyway. For game play, this trait make it seem the sim is more aware of their surroundings.

Encouraging - Do you know how hard it is to find a good Pick-Me-Up these days? These sims Inspire confidence, and after a few words replenish another sim's Energy gauge by 25%, or even 50%.

Cunning - These sims know how to get what they want, and will go to great lengths to get it.
    This is for one of my Elite Ladies of my Game, Diane Jordan, Helena Montgomery, Regina DuVale to name a few, and Ursula and her daughter Rochelle Navarro. They can extort, or rather Negotiate, quite Effectively. They use this on their husbands, their fathers, the government, oh what's the difference between family and business partners in the 1800s?
    Werewolves GP

Loyal - These sims are true ride or dies, They through thick and thin they'll stand buy you and never give up as long as your in.
    Werewolves GP

Hedonistic - Sims who are always up for a good time when it's expedient to themselves, often does please others. Careful, their overindulgence can spell endings.

Unbound - Shoot I forgot, it was a really good reason tho, It had something to do with literally not being bound to society? or obligations?

Serious - They barely crack a smile, even when they're happy, and just had a blast. They just stare carefully at life, although it might be good to have someone to step back and make you look at the big picture.

Spoiled - Given everything, but its never enough... never appreciated, very demanding.

Judgmental - So I can create that parent who you can't tell anything to. That parent that shuts down all your dreams.

Warm Hearted - It's rare you find someone who genuinely cares, even if it's little things. They make Good Lovers and Best friends.
    They will do anything to make sure you're in good spirits, because it makes them happy. Their heart starts becoming cold if they have no one or stay Lonely for too long.

Heartless - This trait is a Hit or Miss, In a Sorcerer's GP, I imagined a new Power, It's a "Level 10" Spell in Forbidden Magic, on the Darkside.
    This spell allows your Sorcerer to reach into the Chest of the Victim, grab hold of their heart and rip it out, Once the heart is removed the Victim becomes Heartless. Someone who is unable to feel emotion. The Sorcerer, or the person who holds the Enchanted, Still beating, Heart has complete control over the victim. like a Puppet. It's the Voodoo Doll on a extreme level. The Heartless sim can do things, Those with hearts cannot. Like be unapologetic, could be another trait on its own but It's cooler this way. Restoring the Heart allows the Victim to feel again, and have control over themselves.
    **If done correctly this spell doesn't go against the (meaningless) ratings, there's no blood, a little pain to the victim, and after I just saw the exorcism that happened in Stranger Things in StrangeVille, I think it's fine if a Sim reaches into the chest (Magically) and tears out their heart. making the sim an empty puppet.

Vindictive - This sim has a strange unforgiving nature, best you don't cross them!

Impulsive - Careful this person is a Wild Card when it comes to emotions, and their actions.

Pompous - Selfish but on a Higher Level, I need to create a Sim, well a few sims who reeks of arrogance. That person no one likes who feels entitled and will be forever alone because they only think of themselves.

Precocious - something for the kids, can be an annoying trait sometimes, but I love a kid who is sharp and gives their parent a run for their money.

Dreamer - These sims can escape to a world of their own Making, by just staring off into the Ether, especially when times are tough.
    This trait would be Great to Have in a Sorcerers GP, Sorcerers, and Humans, would have more success in achieving their ambitions... and with a little magic in their corner, there's nothing holding them back!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'll go into detail with the ones I really want and how they should work than they use too, and leave the ones, I think are self explanatory.

Adventurous - These sims love to explore new Cities, new relationships, especially with other life states, new skills, careers, They simply thrive on new experiences... At least once anyway. For game play, this trait make it seem the sim is more aware of their surroundings.

Encouraging - Do you know how hard it is to find a good Pick-Me-Up these days? These sims Inspire confidence, and after a few words replenish another sim's Energy gauge by 25%, or even 50%.

Cunning - These sims know how to get what they want, and will go to great lengths to get it.
    This is for one of my Elite Ladies of my Game, Diane Jordan, Helena Montgomery, Regina DuVale to name a few, and Ursula and her daughter Rochelle Navarro. They can extort, or rather Negotiate, quite Effectively. They use this on their husbands, their fathers, the government, oh what's the difference between family and business partners in the 1800s?
    Werewolves GP

Loyal - These sims are true ride or dies, They through thick and thin they'll stand buy you and never give up as long as your in.
    Werewolves GP

Hedonistic - Sims who are always up for a good time when it's expedient to themselves, often does please others. Careful, their overindulgence can spell endings.

Unbound - Shoot I forgot, it was a really good reason tho, It had something to do with literally not being bound to society? or obligations?

Serious - They barely crack a smile, even when they're happy, and just had a blast. They just stare carefully at life, although it might be good to have someone to step back and make you look at the big picture.

Spoiled - Given everything, but its never enough... never appreciated, very demanding.

Judgmental - So I can create that parent who you can't tell anything to. That parent that shuts down all your dreams.

Warm Hearted - It's rare you find someone who genuinely cares, even if it's little things. They make Good Lovers and Best friends.
    They will do anything to make sure you're in good spirits, because it makes them happy. Their heart starts becoming cold if they have no one or stay Lonely for too long.

Heartless - This trait is a Hit or Miss, In a Sorcerer's GP, I imagined a new Power, It's a "Level 10" Spell in Forbidden Magic, on the Darkside.
    This spell allows your Sorcerer to reach into the Chest of the Victim, grab hold of their heart and rip it out, Once the heart is removed the Victim becomes Heartless. Someone who is unable to feel emotion. The Sorcerer, or the person who holds the Enchanted, Still beating, Heart has complete control over the victim. like a Puppet. It's the Voodoo Doll on a extreme level. The Heartless sim can do things, Those with hearts cannot. Like be unapologetic, could be another trait on its own but It's cooler this way. Restoring the Heart allows the Victim to feel again, and have control over themselves.
    **If done correctly this spell doesn't go against the (meaningless) ratings, there's no blood, a little pain to the victim, and after I just saw the exorcism that happened in Stranger Things in StrangeVille, I think it's fine if a Sim reaches into the chest (Magically) and tears out their heart. making the sim an empty puppet.

Vindictive - This sim has a strange unforgiving nature, best you don't cross them!

Impulsive - Careful this person is a Wild Card when it comes to emotions, and their actions.

Pompous - Selfish but on a Higher Level, I need to create a Sim, well a few sims who reeks of arrogance. That person no one likes who feels entitled and will be forever alone because they only think of themselves.

Precocious - something for the kids, can be an annoying trait sometimes, but I love a kid who is sharp and gives their parent a run for their money.

Dreamer - These sims can escape to a world of their own Making, by just staring off into the Ether, especially when times are tough.
    This trait would be Great to Have in a Sorcerers GP, Sorcerers, and Humans, would have more success in achieving their ambitions... and with a little magic in their corner, there's nothing holding them back!

Awesome ideas! Thanks for taking time to explain.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Self-doubting: Gets random Embarrassed moodlets. Dampens Confident emotion. Can Ask for Reassurance, Share Insecurities, and Make a Self-Deprecating Joke without being Embarrased (similar to how Romantic Sims don't have to be Flirty to Kiss Hands/Offer Rose)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited February 2019
    Self-conceited: Sims get strong confident mood when being compliments, but they'll tense when compliment others and won't do this autonomously(only if have very high relationship). They'll overreact when being insulted and get stronger negative mood. They can "ridicule the weak". They will more confident when win and being very tense when lost
    This is for Shadow Chunyu, he's similar to this in my character setting

Deep mind: Sims get stronger mood for major events, will get stronger positive/negative(evil trait) mood when donating or doing volunteer works. They easier draw better paintings and write better books, they good at telling stories and jokes, always have good response when being telling stories and jokes, it also mean they easier hysteric. Different from over emotional, they only get stronger mood in major events, theirs emotions do not necessarily show obviously.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Confident_CraziiConfident_Crazii Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to get into modding would anyone mind if I use some of your ideas and make a mod pack with them?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I want to get into modding would anyone mind if I use some of your ideas and make a mod pack with them?

I think people would be thankful of that :)
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Gambler - Sim obcessed with gaming
    Photophobic - Sim who dont like light
    Prepper - Sim who always will buy supplies
    Hydrophobic - Sim who don't like swimming
    Atlanean - Sim who can talk with the fishes
    Polygamy - Sim who doesn't care about cheating

• BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    - Awkward (opposite to confident; introduce new emotion: insecure)
    - Gullible (easily fooled, etc etc)
    - Extroverted
    - Introverted
    - Brave
    - Detatched (like, emotionally detatched, difficulty forming emotional bonds with others)
    - Clingy (like the toddler trait but for children and up)
    - Talkative (sim never stops talking lol)

And just for the record, as someone else proposed earlier, having "sexist" as a personality trait is just... not a good idea. Just... no. Also, it's a good reminder to keep in mind what is a personality trait and what isn't. Sexuality isn't a personality trait, for example...