Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• KarinaDKarinaD Posts: 17 Member
    Wow... Waited to live stream the premier. LOVED IT!!!! Can't wait to solve the mystery for myself!!

Luckily I don't have to wait to long! This is going to be #AWESOME!!!! :smiley:
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes, I'm buying this. I think it's hilarious how some of the Sims look like they had Joker Venom but without the clown makeup.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I am more interested now that it seems to have been confirmed this is a liveable world, and there will be an option to opt out of "the strangeness". I tried watching that series Stranger Things and could barely make it through the first episode. Gore and horror is not for me! (Yes, I tend to look away and lower the sound when vampire Sims drink plasma.)

I don't like the idea of a specific story that you have to play through, so if I can just ignore that but get a new world and all that comes with that, I'm interested.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Someone may have asked and answered this already, but I don't know how to find out. One of the announcements that I read said that you had to have all of the expansions to be able to do this one. Is that true? Because I don't have Seasons or Get Famous :(
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hi everyone just a reminder that this thread is to discuss the new gamepack not somewhere to compare Sims 4 with the Sims 3 or 2. Please keep it on topic and discuss the gamepack :smile:
  • dannysage123dannysage123 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm really excited for StrangerVille, looks amazing.

Are we unable to pre-order this game pack? or is it just Expansion packs you can pre-order??
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am so hyped for the new pack! This looks amazing, will try to get one day vacation to play by myself at home <3
  • NicoleDP24NicoleDP24 Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m hoping it will add some depth to the aliens and sixam. That would be cool!
    It’s not the pack I wanted but it’s diffenent!
    *Preorders*
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    I'm not going to bother buying this pack atm. Maybe around Xmas or something, but I'm not a huge alien fan. >.> If we were talking about the movies... Yeah I like the actual Aliens movies. I'm just not sold on alien games though. (Despite being a fan of Destiny) Maybe if I could see actual game play for the pack, I'd like it more.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm rather excited about this - it's not what I wanted or expected, but considering that I wasn't expecting anything until at least April, it's beat my expectations in that way. (Can't seem to pre-order yet on Origin.)

I love deserts (I'd really love a hot-cold desert, so that I could have my snow and beautiful terrain, but I'm rather doubting it - unless that's part of the 'strange' weather). Good to know it's not just a vacation world. I'm not sure whether I'll want to do much of the mystery-solving, but it looks like there's some fun new game play, in any case. (And it's coming next week!)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimsbiosisSimsbiosis Posts: 24 Member
    Can't wait!
    Killing Sims and building houses since 2000. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

firmaforosims.jpg

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    reiureya wrote: »
    I'm not going to bother buying this pack atm. Maybe around Xmas or something, but I'm not a huge alien fan. >.> If we were talking about the movies... Yeah I like the actual Aliens movies. I'm just not sold on alien games though. (Despite being a fan of Destiny) Maybe if I could see actual game play for the pack, I'd like it more.

Aliens have nothing to do with this... they only came with Get to Work. Did you even watch the trailer?
  • TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm buying this. I think it's hilarious how some of the Sims look like they had Joker Venom but without the clown makeup.

Joker smile is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it as well. Made me giggle.

As far as the pack itself. I'll get it. I'm a collector and have been for 19 years. Glad to see military career is back, but there isn't enough information yet to get me excited for it yet though.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Do y'all realize that StrangerVille is the first pack named after a world?
  • AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    edited February 2019
    New world, 11 lots, martial arts (?), laptops, military career and... a release date of next week! I’m so excited. At first glance I wasn’t sure this would be my kind of pack, but I’m excited to get out of my gameplay comfort zone a bit. It was just the other day I found myself wishing for the military career. :D now I am just torn between buying on release day and playing the story myself, or waiting for a sale and following along some Let’s Plays which means spoiling the story for myself. Hmm...
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I am beyond hyped for this pack. 1: my favorite town ever, in all the games, is Strangetown so to revisit elements of that just makes me INCREDIBLY hyped.

2: although I am hyped, my first thought was ‘this is a love song to the Apocalypse challenge’. If there isn’t bunker stuff I would be shocked, and I am sure every Apocalypse challenge players are H Y P E D considering this will really let them set up the challenge on a macro level.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    So if a sim doesn’t wear the hazmat suit...can they possibly die from radiation 😅
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am beyond hyped for this pack. 1: my favorite town ever, in all the games, is Strangetown so to revisit elements of that just makes me INCREDIBLY hyped.

2: although I am hyped, my first thought was ‘this is a love song to the Apocalypse challenge’. If there isn’t bunker stuff I would be shocked, and I am sure every Apocalypse challenge players are H Y P E D considering this will really let them set up the challenge on a macro level.

I've been thinking about this. I can't wait to see what new challenges can be enhanced with this pack :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Posted this in my SimGuru tweets thread but thought it was also appropriate here. :)

• belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Someone may have asked and answered this already, but I don't know how to find out. One of the announcements that I read said that you had to have all of the expansions to be able to do this one. Is that true? Because I don't have Seasons or Get Famous :(

Hm, I think it said all updates, rather than all packs. But suddenly I am unsure. It just wouldn't make sense to require all other packs.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There was a poster who said this has to do with the cowplant and I agree. Looking forward to figuring out the mystery!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe the Mother of all Cowplants has come to take her babies home and punish those who let them die from hunger.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe the Mother of all Cowplants has come to take her babies home and punish those who let them die from hunger.

Military experiment gone wrong like the Stephen King movie, "The Mist" !
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Military experiment gone wrong like the Stephen King movie, "The Mist" !

I like that theory too. Love Stephan King mysteries.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well I sure didn't expect that !! looks fun though. Oh and I like the new braided hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top