Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Strangerville?

Comments

• doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2019
    Looks like another Jungle Adventure to me, pretty set dressing for only one replay value. I’m sure it’ll come with nice objects though.
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    Interesting idea but looks weirdly executed
    I was kinda hoping for something more family related or a witch game pack, but this looks good. Kinda hoping it's a more then once experience. But at least we are getting a bomber jacket (I love those).
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I don't know what's going on here... The trailer doesn't really show what players are supposed to do other than solving the 'zombie problem'. But like what happens after you solve it? I think the replayability is gonna be like really low.

I think I will wait for any gameplay trailers, if they have any. Maybe they will have one later this week?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited February 2019
    I also like how a lot of people are saying it's like Jungle Adventures and I gotta say, I haven't even finished Jungle Adventures. LOL. Or maybe I did, cuz we did find the treasure in the end... Haha, I can't remember. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a one-time play-through with one Sim. If that is the case then I will probably pass on this GP as I passed on Get Famous. Can the mystery in Strangerville be solved at all? Does the game reset as it does in Jungle Adventures, so we are not playing the same game over and over with different Sims as main characters? The idea of the game pack having no lasting value once the mystery is solved isn't my idea of new content. I would play it long enough to solve the mystery then move on..

Sis, you took the words right out of my mouth. I say we start gearing up to boycott these trifling packs full of transient content. Maybe if we did like those Battlefront players did, EA would actually pay attention to what needs to be fixed and added to TS4 before running off to release these "wEiRd, nEW aNd eXciTinG pAcKs".
    tenor.gif

• KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Interesting and intriguing - nice to see something new
    Duende wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a one-time play-through with one Sim. If that is the case then I will probably pass on this GP as I passed on Get Famous. Can the mystery in Strangerville be solved at all? Does the game reset as it does in Jungle Adventures, so we are not playing the same game over and over with different Sims as main characters? The idea of the game pack having no lasting value once the mystery is solved isn't my idea of new content. I would play it long enough to solve the mystery then move on..

Sis, you took the words right out of my mouth. I say we start gearing up to boycott these trifling packs full of transient content. Maybe if we did like those Battlefront players did, EA would actually pay attention to what needs to be fixed and added to TS4 before running off to release these "wEiRd, nEW aNd eXciTinG pAcKs".
    tenor.gif

Although I am rather excited as I love the idea, I wholeheartedly agree to what's been said here. I will be very surprised if there's any replay value at all. It has now been confirmed that you can turn the 'infection' etc off, which means you can use the town as a more 'normal' town after solving the mystery.. but I assume it will be a case of once you've solved the mystery, then.. that's it. I really hope it's more, as otherwise not only will every Simmer on youtube have the same lets play, but also means it'll just be pointless after you've gone through the story once or twice..
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    The more I hear about the more excited I am getting. I'm looking forward to playing through the mystery, trying the military career and I'm most pleasantly surprised to hear there are 11 new editable lots.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸??
    So_Money wrote: »
    Imagine the “plum??” option as the strongest curse word you can think of. That’s what I think.

Likewise.

If they'd have made a pack with regular zombies (closest lifestate to whatever this is that I can think of) it would have made sense ya know; vampire GP, zombie GP etc.

I'm now wondering if any Shaun of the Dead quotes would be appropriate yet.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Why are EA not giving us babies that are not objects or university
    I want solid content that adds realism and depth to my households. I want basic stuff we still dont have that makes it feel lacking. This feels like some quirky side quest that would be included within an EP that most of us wouldn't even realize is there until we stumble upon like oh here's a little quest, how cute.

I also never wanted another desert world. Dont care for them much. We cant swim, carry our babies around, have cars, go to college, dance together, or make out in our beds but now we can solve a mystery in a 2nd desert world. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is happening to this game??? Its obviously stranger things the TV show. They made an episode for us to play.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    This is a very new concept for the Sims so I'm very curious - that said, I'm starting to wonder why they haven't been working on the stuff the community has been asking for like Witches and University, and with TS4's life span ticking away, I'm going to be very upset if they never make these requests a reality. Like I'm gung ho for trying new things - but I feel a little let down that they're not hitting community requests a little more.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2019
    I didn't play Strangetown when it was in Sims 2 for Nintendo DS or Wii. I am not sure I will enjoy this one although the military career sounds nice.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think the only reason I will even get this pack is for the Military career. Otherwise it's not something that i'm really interested in. However, I am glad to see something new for the game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I am EXCITED for this pack, it looks so fun! I loved Strangetown in Sims 2, it was my favorite world. As was said above, I'm hopeful there will be another trailer. I did read the comic, and it sounds very interesting.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸??
    I wanted witches and magic. I do not like horror movies and that's what this reminds me of. Too bad too. I was really wanting laptops.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I also like how a lot of people are saying it's like Jungle Adventures and I gotta say, I haven't even finished Jungle Adventures. LOL. Or maybe I did, cuz we did find the treasure in the end... Haha, I can't remember. XD

Once you've found all the hidden locations & completed the temple, it pretty much becomes just a honeymoon location. Though I still send my sims to the temple when they need money for a bigger house, it's still the best way to make a lot of money quickly.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Looks fun & different, but what happens once you solve it, does it reset like Jungle Adventure, or does it just become a regular town after that?

I'm wondering if they'll give us the option to 'save the world,' or let it be.
    ldmarko wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Once you've found all the hidden locations & completed the temple, it pretty much becomes just a honeymoon location. Though I still send my sims to the temple when they need money for a bigger house, it's still the best way to make a lot of money quickly.

Hmm, I see. Yeah, then I guess Strangerville might be like this. Or maybe they will just throw in the epidemic once in a while for your sims to fix it over and over again. :D
    832XG3D.gif
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

Although I am rather excited as I love the idea, I wholeheartedly agree to what's been said here. I will be very surprised if there's any replay value at all. It has now been confirmed that you can turn the 'infection' etc off, which means you can use the town as a more 'normal' town after solving the mystery.. but I assume it will be a case of once you've solved the mystery, then.. that's it. I really hope it's more, as otherwise not only will every Simmer on youtube have the same lets play, but also means it'll just be pointless after you've gone through the story once or twice..

Most packs lose their luster after the initial play, but as a rotational player I can always make good use of another neighborhood. So I'm actually kind of glad to hear that the infection can be turned off, I can see that getting old real quick, especially if my sims are trying to raise a family. Also that world looks like the perfect location for a sim cult or a Lost or Survivor type challenge, so while I agree with you that the packs need more replay value, there's still plenty of ways to get your money's worth.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm SO looking forward to this pack! I never dreamed they would do something this close to horror. Now, I'm sure it's a very safe horror...but I'm still really happy to get this. I have long needed some more spiciness in my game.

I'm ready to experiment! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I say this as nicely as I can. It looks like another one visit and done pack. I am not interested in the packs that are geared to only playing one single young adult sim. I have no interest in strange, supernatural, or conspiracy ideas. I will just wait longer for content that will intrigue me, but I have been let down for almost 3 years now.

Omg @NorthDakotaGamer I was thinking the exact same thing!! I completely agree with everything you just said. :/

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I wasn’t sure what to vote exactly.. I like new stuff, but have to agree with those saying it seems lacking in replay value. I need more info to decide if it will be a release day purchase, a birthday gift request, or wait for a really good sale type of pack.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm not sure what to make of it.
    It looks annoyingly strange enough to hope all the weirdness is isolated to Strangerville.

But I am seeing content that I can use.
    I am concerned about replay value though.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    It sounds kinda fun but i dont like the fact that we get 'play 1 time then forget' packs in sims searie. I think every pack i should be able to play it over and over again whit out that being just same things over and over again.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    Eh, whatever is really my reaction.

It sort of looks interesting but probably won't do much for my play style. Which is family/legacy basically and I like them having a sort of normal life and don't do supernaturals etc. so any weird cult thing is probably not really what I want to add to their lives either. And since there are always lots of kids around going on a vacation is... not something they do that much :D And since the daycare/nanny are broken and definitely do not take care of the toddlers there's no going anywhere without them. Not even to work, active careers are not at all possible because the kids will be taken away while "I'm" at work. Now if they fix that I'll be super happy no matter what sort of pack they come up with. (And I know lots of people want completely different stuff then me so it's all cool, saves me money not having to buy the all the things :D .)