Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Pinkusfamily
    Testingcheats true
    Headlineeffects off

For me I need to remember to actually do it!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Exceptional builds all around! Congrats to the winners!

Thank you for the feed back @BuildnShare and thank you for the congrats everyone.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners, fantastic work everyone :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2019
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS112 - Seeing Double

@FaithofKaela
    usStzas.png

Riverside Duplex is a wonderful modern build aesthetically pleasing in soft shades of blue. The symmetry of the Duplex gives a very well balanced façade with large windows and doors which will ensure a light and airy atmosphere indoors. Unique and interesting roof structure and the fencing jutting out the walls adds character to the design. The balconies and rear deck are great features which do enhance the build. Excellent use of terrain paint to define the communal outdoor areas which have been well thought out. I really like the covered bbq patio and the home grown plants will be wonderful. The parking spaces at the side are a great idea also. Lovely interior layouts using open plan living areas thus creating a greater sense of space. I really like how you've given each home a 'hobby' room, ie art studio and gym, these rooms have been put to good use!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see more decorations on the walls especially some paintwork perhaps hanging in the art room. This would create more interest to the rooms. I would also have used columns at the wall edges which define the different living areas, just to finish them off nicely.

@KittKat7147
    vyU4TAZ.png

Double Double Duplex is a fantastic suburban style modern with a very unique and interesting roof structure and façade. The combination of painted render and panelling contrast well together and your choice of fenestration is perfect for the design. Excellent use of terrain tools to create the higher level enabling the front patios to have beautiful views of the surrounding area. Great idea to provide private parking spaces and I love the water feature in the middle, I can almost hear the soothing sound of the fountain! There is just the right amount of greenery to provide life and I also like the upper balconies for outdoor privacy. The communal rear deck is a wonderful space for entertaining, lots to do here or just for relaxing. I love your attention to detail and the way you have moo'd the lounge table objects and enlarged and raised the towels by the pool. The interior design and layout is of a very high standard and the open plan living areas look lovely and spacious. It's good to see you have catered for individual preferences and needs. The hobby nooks are both fantastic each packed with wonderful detail. I love Phoebe's streaming room with the lights and a cool backdrop for videos and Freya's painting nook is very arty and creative, well stocked with art supplies and the postcards pinned to the tree branches are a great feature. I was astonished to see you'd even managed to fit in laundry rooms .. these homes have it all!

Suggestions: The only criticism I have would be regarding the raised terrain. It looks a little sharp next to it's surroundings. Maybe a little more space could have enabled it to be softened and thus blending more naturally with the neighbouring areas.

@gmcrozier
    ID2JGKu.png

206 Scott Avenue is a very stylish modern Duplex uniquely designed with one home stepped back from the other. Wonderful choice of exterior textures with the render, siding and tiles all in monotone shades. The red doors and greenery really make the facade pop beautifully. The archways to the front paths are great features and it's good you have provided lights to these areas, very welcoming. The plants and rocks enhance the build and the patios are lovely places to sit and watch the world go by. I really like the shared backyard, looks so private and relaxing, a perfect place to host a bbq or sit by the tranquil pool. Excellent layout of the interiors, the open plan living spaces are wonderfully spacious and I especially like the design of the units under the tv, very creative.

Suggestions: I was a little disappointed to see both units being identical. It would have been lovely to see different decorations and furnishing in each one to reflect the characters of the occupants. I also feel the balconies could benefit from some form of greenery or decorative objects to provide more interest to these areas.
    3gHHX7s.png
    dFmr8l5.png
    The winner is .... @KittKat7147

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats, @KittKat7147
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @Kittkat7147 <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Congratulations to @KittKat7147
    edited March 2019
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS112 - Seeing Double

@Sawdust123
    u4ePoX0.png
    The sloped driveway leading down to the garage is so cleverly done. Great job creating the look of garage doors as well. I love the L-shaped pieces that are used in the front. I like the front balconies and the slats used on the front façade. Nice, modern fencing choice. What a lovely shared back space. Great job with the green color palette downstairs. Good use of color upstairs. The modern design is carried nicely throughout the build. Nice use of the “garage” space for laundry and study. Cute outdoor “shower!”

Suggestions: For me, the pink and yellow barstools and chairs didn’t add to the sophisticated design. It would have been nice to see some slight variations for each sister’s space.

@PINKUSFAMILY☆
    CNg5QMC.png
    Interesting wall pattern on the extrerior. I like the desert cactus landscaping in the front and sides. Nice balconies. What a lovely pool area! Great idea for an outside shower. I like the kitchen layout with the barstool seating. I like the diamond wallpaper on the downstairs walls – very sophisticated choice. Good attention to detail with cluttering throughout.

Suggestions: A different colored roof trim or pattern on the ½ walls would add a bit of contrast and visual interest for the build. The design could be made more cohesive by choosing more modern objects and furniture throughout. Use “alt” when placing objects in front of a curtain so that they don’t clip.

@AlJay
    OFsMAwO.png
    Caribbean Dream has great curb appeal. I like the use of fencing for a trellis over the carport and the roofed front entries. Good use of ½ walls to create an interesting roofline. The backyard with pool area is lovely. I like the upstairs balconies as well. The kitchen area is beautiful and stylish. I like the detail of the coffee bag next to the coffee maker and poured drinks on the island. Creative use of MOO to create custom seating for the living room. Love the custom surfboard pictures! Lovely guest room and office. Great laundry and outdoor shower/restroom.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see some slight variations for each sister’s space and a tad more cluttering details throughout the rest of the house.

@MACDesign
    uixXeBZ.png
    **Please remember to use the challenge hashtag when you post your entry to the Gallery. What an unexpected take on the challenge – a modern farmhouse with tons of curb appeal! Great job on your roofline and choice of landscaping plants. I love the roofing and siding choices. Absolutely fantastic job on the pool area, and I love that it’s visible from the basement rooms. The kitchen is lovely, and I like the hint of color from the brick wall/backsplash. The pool bar area looks like the perfect place for parties, and the string lights add a fun touch. The color choices inside are modern and pleasing to the eye. I love that you were able to provide som much living space for the budget.

Suggestions: A bit of terrain paint under your landscaping plants makes for a finished look. We look for many more photos when judging as we provide feedback solely by your media entry. We like to see walls-up pictures of all your rooms as well as a bird’s eye layout of all your levels. I have a feeling there were a lot of lovely details that we missed out on seeing 😉

@SimTresa
    5Sb6Vy4.png
    I like the shape of the house, and good job tying in the roof pieces. Good use of modern furnishings in the downstairs area. Great work on the sunken downstairs area – very creative!

Suggestions: Be sure to use terrain paint under all your landscaped plants for a finished look. Build smaller so that your rooms will look more filled out with a smaller budget. Be careful matching colors (like the green in the bedroom). Sometimes a contrasting color might look better.

@JoJoMomster
    HZUdMB5.png
    I like the idea of the two separate homes at right angles on the lot with the cube connecting them in the middle! Great job on your curved roofs. Cute layout for your pool, and thanks for labeling all the rooms in the overhead shots! Good choice of modern furnishings in the kitchen, living and bathroom. I like the harmonious color choices throughout.

Suggestions: I’d like to have seen a bit more landscaping around the sides of the home and perhaps a bit more contrasting materials like the stone/tile on the blue portion of the build. The piano was a nice touch, but that takes a lot of simoleans off the table for decorative accents in places like the bathrooms and exteriors.

@Allears
    HP855fj.png
    I love the front of this build with the modern windows and doors and contrasting stone and stucco siding! The lovely stone planters give a modern touch to the landscaping. Nice job on the roofing, although the back balcony roof sloping back toward the main roof makes me nervous – hopefully your builders pitched it correctly so that water doesn’t gather there! The pool area is tranquil and inviting – perfect for large groups of guests. You’ve done a great job with your pops of blue downstairs. I do like the wall piece that adds a bit of green for contrast, too. I love the headboard/feature wall in the master bedroom. The colors in the guest bedroom are especially lovely.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see some slight variations for each sister’s side of the house and a bit more landscaping around the pool area.

@AfterMidnight
    W4LGhgj.png
    Sandy Duplex looks lovely from the front view. I like the stone column on the right entry and the stone dividing wall that runs down the center of the build. I do get the beachy vibe you mention in the first side of the home. It’s very nicely done. The little loft office is so cute! Great job with the pastel colors in the bedrooms. I like the contrast with the earthy color tones next door. Cute hot tub and pool area as well. I really enjoyed your narration of the build, too. Great backstory with the fight over cats and dogs (cat shenanigans, lol)!

Suggestions: You left a couple of thousand simoleans on the table that could have been used for more landscaping on the pool and deck areas.

@4Sanne
    Gdr64Qs.png
    I love the brick and wood on this house. Great take that the two sides are mirror images but offset for visual interest on the front. Great job with landscaping out front. Perfect choice of fencing on the upstairs walls and good job on your rooflines. Love the brick carried over on the interior and the industrial touches throughout the build. I like that each sister has a slightly different hobby room for her own interests. Interesting use of ivy in the upstairs bedrooms. The guest rooms are beautifully decorated.

Suggestions: A tad more terrain paint under the landscaped plants would finish off your plant beds nicely.

@SimsIslandHeart
    MVAiQJJ.png
    I like the interesting shape of Seeing Double and the contrasting black and white. Lovely small flower beds out front. You’ve packed a lot of living space onto such a small lot! The pool out back is modern and fun! I love the large fountains on the surrounding area and the jets in the pool itself. The office is nicely decorated and feels like an inviting space. I like the arrow decal in the hall! Cute, small guest rooms.

Suggestions: Glad you left the note about the high placement of the TV – wonder what caused that glitch? Perhaps a bit of contrasting siding (white vertical, for instance) would add a bit more visual interest while still maintaining the minimalist effect?

3gHHX7s.png
    sNrjllL.png
    And the winner is... @4Sanne !!
    2nd Place goes to: @AlJay
    3rd Place goes to: TIE! @SimsIslandheart & @sawdust
    4th Place goes to: @MACDesign
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @4Sanne & @AlJay - we think it's time for you both to start entering in the Expert category :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to the winners. Off to check my build... thought I put the terrain paint in.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you for the feedback! Beautiful build everyone and congrats to the winners. Love seeing a great big podium!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    So many entries ! That must have been a though job to judge them all.. Congratulations to the winners ! and to all !. I thought the entries were all fabulous !!

Thank you for the feedback.

Awesome job everyone !

Diane Pinkus
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Wow, thanks! Now I'm a bit scared to join in with the experts :wink: I'll have to bring my top game :blush:

Congrats to the other winners!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Congrats to all winners, and congrats @4Sanne and @AlJay for moving on to the Expert category! :smiley:
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    @BuildnShare , as a first time submitter I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the next challenge to apply your advice to!
    Thanks again- MAC
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS112 – Seeing Double

@Cerrydd
    1VtQSQo.png

The Mullet is a bright and colorful modern duplex with a unique shape. The exterior spaces are well laid out and obviously a lot of thought went into them. The interiors are colorful as well. The open floor plan is great and the room sizes are large and airy! Your furniture choices and placement is great and fits well with the modern aesthetics. The units are very similar, but have subtle differences that give each a uniqueness. Nice touch putting in the washer & dryers. Your shared space in the backyard is nicely done and I could certainly see some great parties happening out there. Great build!

Suggestions: You have put a lot of thought into this build and there are only a few things that stand out to me. I would have liked to have seen something to give the landscaping in the front some height, perhaps a couple of bamboo trees would have helped. Try taking the dining table and turning it 90 degrees and moving it out into the center of that area and putting an area rug under it, this would give the area definition and make it feel like it is part of the entertaining/living area. Outdoor access to the backyard would have been nice, especially since you have the outside garbage bins in the backyard. I am not a fan of the wall tile used in the kitchen and bathrooms, this is more of a personal preference, but I feel a more modern tile would have fit the build better. Overall excellent job!

@Kementari
    02-05-19_8-30-29%25C2%25A0PM.png

Modern Duplex is a very beautiful duplex with a Scandinavian feel! I really like that you have the units facing different directions, instead of the traditional side by side. Great interior spaces, I love that the entry is open to the 2nd floor and the den is in a loft space. Now I’m curious, did the sisters fight over who got the larger unit? At 1st glance the units look identical, but looking closer unit 2 has the game nook and a private balcony that unit 1 does not have. I adore the plant feature in unit 2’s dining room. Your object choices are spot on. The skylights are very well executed and give the bedrooms great natural light. Well done!

Suggestions: My suggestions are very minimal. The small pond looks unfinished more plants or rocks around the edges would have given it a more natural feel. The desk in the den in unit 1 looks barren, perhaps skip the desk and focus more on it being a painting studio. In the guest bedrooms of both units, some kind of wall décor over the beds would have been a nice touch. That’s all… outstanding build!

@13Vader
    78XVbkn.png

Twin Cubes is a very stylish duplex. The exterior is very warm and inviting. The interior open floor plan is very spacious and would translate very well in game play. Your object placement works well for a modern home. It’s great that you managed to get a washer & dryer into the downstairs bathroom. The backyard is certainly laid out well for entertaining. Your multi-level landscaping is very well executed. Well done!

Suggestions: There are a few things that stood out to me. Where are your guests going to bath or shower? There is a guest room, but no guest bathroom. Modern doors for the bedrooms and bathrooms would have blended better with the build. Larger windows on the back of the duplex would have allowed more natural light and connected the interior with that wonderful backyard. Some objects that you chose didn’t feel right for this style of build. Overall it was a great build.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is .…

@Kementari

a2qsFEY.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Expert SIM Results for #BnS112 – Seeing Double

@13Vader
    OP5Unmh.png
    Sim Challenge: The Jewell sisters are very attractive Sims. Great idea to give Freya glasses, it makes much easier to tell them apart. The both seem to be the life of the party and seem to be ideal hostess. I would have liked to have seen them have at least 1 outfit that was unique. Over all a job well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@13Vader
    mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

@jeswainston65

I'm afraid that your album link doesn't work, and we can only see the single picture linked in the spoiler above. Additionally, your Sim & Household links to the Gallery don't work, nor could we find your entries by searching your Gallery or with our required hashtag (#BnS112 for this challenge). I can give limited feedback on the single image we can see, but unfortunately you won't be eligible for a place award this round. We'll keep an eye out for future entries and help you make sure they meet our requirements for judging :) I like the shape of your build! Great job with the roofline and going "beyond the box" to give your build dimension and interest. I like the use of the columns for added interest on the front, and the choice of fencing on the upstairs balconies. The darker blue sections are a nice touch to add depth to the white build.

Suggestions:
    We like to see more extensive landscaping on a build as we judge architecture, landscaping and interior design equally. We also need to see many more pictures for a build including bird's eye views of each level as well as detailed interior shots with the walls up to show wall decor.

3gHHX7s.png

Starting Out SIM Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

@jeswainston65
    Unfortunately, your entry link doesn't work, and there aren't any close-up sims pictures to allow us to provide feedback on your entry.

@Pinkusfamily
    I like your shots of each twin enjoying their home! Love the swimming attire hairstyle. It looks like they share some outfits exactly, but express their own personalities a bit in other outfits. I liked reading your commentary about the sisters - great job.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is... @Pinkusfamily

nMT0wPZ.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

@jeswainston65

I'm afraid that your album link doesn't work, and we can only see the single picture linked in the spoiler above. Additionally, your Sim & Household links to the Gallery don't work, nor could we find your entries by searching your Gallery or with our required hashtag (#BnS112 for this challenge). I can give limited feedback on the single image we can see, but unfortunately you won't be eligible for a place award this round. We'll keep an eye out for future entries and help you make sure they meet our requirements for judging :) I like the shape of your build! Great job with the roofline and going "beyond the box" to give your build dimension and interest. I like the use of the columns for added interest on the front, and the choice of fencing on the upstairs balconies. The darker blue sections are a nice touch to add depth to the white build.

Suggestions:
    We like to see more extensive landscaping on a build as we judge architecture, landscaping and interior design equally. We also need to see many more pictures for a build including bird's eye views of each level as well as detailed interior shots with the walls up to show wall decor.

3gHHX7s.png

Starting Out SIM Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

Congrats to Pinkus and oops...I was cleaning up my gallery and must have deleted my build. I won't do that again. Sorry and thanks for the update!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Is the new challenge posted yet?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established SIM Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

@JojoMOMSTER
    6hDaWb9.png
    Great job on the traits – I love how slightly different traits still work together toward the same aspiration. I like that the twins sometimes play up matching outfits but don’t always dress identically. I enjoyed reading their family backstory and great job on the labeled and framed photos.

@AlJay
    31qtTGJ.png
    Love the backstory! The twins are lovely, and their outfits are very stylish. Great job showing them in their new home. LoL at the poor sister who partied too hard and fell asleep in her kitchen!
    And the winner is... @JojoMOMSTER

67VDFOr.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Established ROOM Results for #BnS112 Seeing Double

@AlJay
    sJ2NsoY.png
    I love the color scheme in this office! Great object choice. It’s small but it has everything one of the twins will need in order to hone skills or work from home.

And the winner is... @AlJay

nzmOUdm.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Is the new challenge posted yet?

It will be posted in the morning as I'll be heading off to bed tonight before the challenge deadline :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to the winners. @Aljay, I want that office! It's so colorful and stylish.
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare , Thank you.. I can't imagine judging all the entries.. Thank you for the feed back .

Congratulations to everyone !
    I enjoyed seeing all the entries- Such Creative People ...

Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top