Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Strangerville

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m a maybe for now although that could change because we don’t really have a lot to go on.

I like the idea, I typically like games like this but they offer replay value and my fear is this won’t.
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    Maybe
    Will have to see the reviews on this one.
    It just looks to be a different take on jungle adventures. (which I almost never use)
    There ill need to be a lot of crossover to the main game neighborhoods for me to get it as I don't use the side worlds that much.
    If it doesn't have new careers or any major changes to the overall game the answer will be no.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I was going to say yes, but the question of if the effects of the "whatever" - the infection for lack of a better word - are going to start showing up all over the place in all worlds - I do not want that. If it's limited to Strangeville or has an option not to have it in other worlds, I'm buying it. I like strange, sometimes. I don't want to have it all the time though.

One of the devs answered that question and said the "Illness" will not leave this town and get in the other worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I'm saving up for my daughter's 18th birthday, so no Sims for me!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Not sure. I will definitely wait for reviews. I used to buy blindly anything that is Sims, but I’ve been dissatisfied enough so I won’t throw caution to the wind anymore.

Feel the same.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    kellza wrote: »
    Depends on if the infection spreads - I wouldn't mind having it in one save, but want to keep my other saves strange-free.

According to the devs it does not leave this town - so it will not be in your other towns.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Maybe
    Since they confirmed the infection will stay within Strangeville and that it's not a destination only world I'm leaning more toward buying the pack.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Absolutely, especially since they confirmed that this is going to be a regular world, not a destination world (and that the event can be dialed down if you just want to have sims live there). Literally the best of both worlds, in my opinion. :p
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Those outfits in the trailer were set dressing, so I doubt it comes with a Military career, Sims can't live there, and it's all set dressing with some adventure type puzzles or clues. Not for me. I'm tired of set dressing.
    So from a one minute trailer you can deduct they can’t live in the new world?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Maybe
    The information bits dropping are swaying me to the yes side. Should have waited before voting lol.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Yes
    I'll buy it to complete my collection... and I'll buy it right away for my YouTube videos... but it's not something I "gotta have" based on what I have seen so far. I'm hoping more info will get me more hyped.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    No. I already decided that I won't be spending anymore money on anything that isn't adding to the horribly lacking family play and this pack is just that. A military career and laptops isn't worth it. Maybe from a giveaway, but as a purchase? No way.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Maybe
    I need more information on this before I make a decision whether or not to get it. I hardly played any of the versions of Strangetown from Sims 2. I like the fact that it seems to come with a military career though.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes
    Just knowing that we get a new world we can actually move into, and getting the Military Career.....I am all in <3
    Super excited about laptops! Also, disease doesn't spread to the other worlds! You can even opt out of the strange stuff if you want to have your town normal, LOL.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    yes i will buy it on day 1 of realise
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Maybe
    I feel like I need more information. As cool as it looks, I don’t think it’ll be worth $20 to me if the gameplay is just a story that I’ll only want to play through once.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    Yup! I'm looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    No
    Seems like something you would play through once and after that, it would lose it's appeal. And since I like my Sims games to be open ended, it's gonna be a no from me.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes
    Yes. It's a nice change and looks entertaining enough
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Totally my kind of jam :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes
    Sure, it’s a bit different to how I play but I’m DEFINITELY getting this so I can add it in to my play style.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Yes
    When this team comes out with NEW and different things we haven't had in our games, I definitely want to try them. Don't get me wrong, witches or vacation would be cool. But we have already had those things. This is a new idea and I'm very excited for it!! Maybe it has some fusion of things we have seen, but overall it looks fresh and I can't wait to check it out thoroughly.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    I want it
    more for sim kids and more drama please