Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    Interesting. Will there be a military career?
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »

That's what a lot of people want to know, but, of course, we aren't being told. I guess we have to wait until more is revealed about the GP. If there isn't, I'll be disappointed.
  • SpirisSpiris Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Beardedgeek said:
    > I was SUPER anti-Jungle Adventures until I actually played it. I love it now.
    > I am actually really interested in this!

Same!! I hope this has a nice red thread :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2019
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Excited!! Definitely looking forward to this.

Did anyone notice in the trailer that the sim was walking while talking with another sim? Can they do that now? I thought they had to stop to talk. If this is new, this would be something really cool (in addition to all the other new stuff).

That may also just as easily be for the cinematic experience of the video too; if you can remember in the City Living trailer, they showed a brief glimpse of joggers running in sync with each other in the otherwise bustling city park, of which none of these are the case in the actual pack.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    BWpunisher wrote: »
    GreyWind wrote: »

That's what a lot of people want to know, but, of course, we aren't being told. I guess we have to wait until more is revealed about the GP. If there isn't, I'll be disappointed.

Yeah the uniforms look nice :D
    While I've already gathered my criticisms of this game pack, I would just like to say that I do admire this creative direction, and I know this isn't going to be for everyone, I may or may not like it all the same. I did already tell myself that this was either going to be a total disaster or the next best thing! Lol

There are some questions that need to be asked and answered before I make a full judgement of the pack:

1. Is a military career and/or any fighting skills really coming back?

2. How does this tie-in to the otherwise sandbox-style gameplay of the rest of the game?

3. Is this more of an open-ended mystery that any Sim can partake in, or a more closed-off adventure scenario that's scripted?

4. Is the world residential or destination?

5. Hearkening back to 4, if there is a sort of finale or conclusion to this mystery, is there any replayability value?

6. Was this meant to be like a Strangetown reboot with a Sims 4 spin?

7. Are laptops going to be patched in free or we'll have to pay for them in this pack?

Once these questions are answered in a way that is satisfactory to me, I can make my full judgement of the pack. :)

Great list. I 'd like to know there things too. I don't care about the connection to Strangetown but I am totally on board with the rest.

Also, I'd add another, whether there is any "occult" creature involved. I doubt it's one I want but I'm curious nonetheless.

Also a good question! Another one I probably would've added to question 4 is one I always ask everytime we get a new world:

How many lots are there? ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Well, you know when you fool around with biochemical warfare, some very strange things can occur. This looks fascinating and I love the look of the town! Can't wait!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member
    I can't wait for this. This is everything I always wanted. I am so excited!!!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Looks fun - just hope it is not totally repetitive. Getting the martial arts skill is awesome! Nice to get the military career too. Do wonder if this is a vacation town or livable town - getting the obvious Sims 2 Strangetown and Area 51 vibes but also a West World vibe.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    While I've already gathered my criticisms of this game pack, I would just like to say that I do admire this creative direction, and I know this isn't going to be for everyone, I may or may not like it all the same. I did already tell myself that this was either going to be a total disaster or the next best thing! Lol

There are some questions that need to be asked and answered before I make a full judgement of the pack:

1. Is a military career and/or any fighting skills really coming back?

2. How does this tie-in to the otherwise sandbox-style gameplay of the rest of the game?

3. Is this more of an open-ended mystery that any Sim can partake in, or a more closed-off adventure scenario that's scripted?

4. Is the world residential or destination?

5. Hearkening back to 4, if there is a sort of finale or conclusion to this mystery, is there any replayability value?

6. Was this meant to be like a Strangetown reboot with a Sims 4 spin?

7. Are laptops going to be patched in free or we'll have to pay for them in this pack?

Once these questions are answered in a way that is satisfactory to me, I can make my full judgement of the pack. :)

Great list. I 'd like to know there things too. I don't care about the connection to Strangetown but I am totally on board with the rest.

Also, I'd add another, whether there is any "occult" creature involved. I doubt it's one I want but I'm curious nonetheless.

Also a good question! Another one I probably would've added to question 4 is one I always ask everytime we get a new world:

How many lots are there? ;)

That is an big one too and if it comes out like GF amount of lots, there may be some disappointed folks regardless if it is an GP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    G
    mirta000 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    It wasn't intended to be finished by now. The whole design of the game was to build something that would last many years longer. We still have a lot of time to get some of the same old themes we've gotten in past iterations, but the good thing about this game's long life is that it gives us more opportunities to have new themes. There's no sense in obsessing over time limits for Sims 4. Grant has recently stated that there is "no end in sight" for the game. This is why we don't have things like University or Witches or swimming yet. It's a longer journey than the other games, like it or not. If you don't, the older games still exists to return to. It's unfortunate if you're unhappy, but there's really nothing you can do about it at this point except either accept the game for what it is or simply don't buy it. Bottom line.

Let me correct that - "it wasn't profitable enough for us to start working on The Sims 5. We're not decided yet if we're going to kill this franchise, or keep it running, so The Sims 4 keeps on going". Games design, with the amount of bugs and issues that it has, was not strong enough for it to even run 2 years, let alone a minimum of 7. Or did you not try to run this game with every EP, SP and GP out there?

I honestly don’t know what you’re even on at this point. I run it like that with 16 gb of cc in a generational save and aside from a minor bug here and there it’s extremely smooth and at best minor annoyances. Surely you’re not implying it’s unplayable.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Called it. They're defiling my memory of Strangetown. Sigh.

Since none of us actually knows what went on in Strangetown, myself included, I think this looks pretty darn good. For all we know, this tells the story of what happened, because it's very obvious something happened in Strangetown. What can I say? I'm only a purist with the original Star Trek. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    At the end of the trailer there looked to be the silhouette of a creature/something that got larger...?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    G
    It wasn't intended to be finished by now. The whole design of the game was to build something that would last many years longer. We still have a lot of time to get some of the same old themes we've gotten in past iterations, but the good thing about this game's long life is that it gives us more opportunities to have new themes. There's no sense in obsessing over time limits for Sims 4. Grant has recently stated that there is "no end in sight" for the game. This is why we don't have things like University or Witches or swimming yet. It's a longer journey than the other games, like it or not. If you don't, the older games still exists to return to. It's unfortunate if you're unhappy, but there's really nothing you can do about it at this point except either accept the game for what it is or simply don't buy it. Bottom line.

Let me correct that - "it wasn't profitable enough for us to start working on The Sims 5. We're not decided yet if we're going to kill this franchise, or keep it running, so The Sims 4 keeps on going". Games design, with the amount of bugs and issues that it has, was not strong enough for it to even run 2 years, let alone a minimum of 7. Or did you not try to run this game with every EP, SP and GP out there?

I honestly don’t know what you’re even on at this point. I run it like that with 16 gb of cc in a generational save and aside from a minor bug here and there it’s extremely smooth and at best minor annoyances. Surely you’re not implying it’s unplayable.

That is only you as we all here have different systems and all systems are not equal, technically speaking Joe snuff may have many problems and it could be specs, or of an dev nature being there are many operations the AI system may be handling and sometime why bugs may not manifest itself until an certain routine done.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    I like it!
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Called it. They're defiling my memory of Strangetown. Sigh.

Since none of us actually knows what went on in Strangetown, myself included, I think this looks pretty darn good. For all we know, this tells the story of what happened, because it's very obvious something happened in Strangetown. What can I say? I'm only a purist with the original Star Trek. ;)

Go back and read all the characters memories in Strangetown if you open a new game in Sims 2. Check out all the pictures and things. In all the Sims 2 worlds the town stories are in all the sims memories. You have to go through all of them to get the whole story in every unplayed world in Sims 2.

One thing I don't know is if the whole story is in the combined Sims 2 game or if you have to have the original separate packs. I had the original first and now I have the one from EA - the combined one. I have not looked at that ones back memories.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    G

That is only you as we all here have different systems and all systems are not equal, technically speaking Joe snuff may have many problems and it could be specs, or of an dev nature being there are many operations the AI system may be handling and sometime why bugs may not manifest itself until an certain routine done.

I totally understand there are bugs, I have some myself. But if you’re under the recommended speccs you have to expect hiccups as the game is optimized around those. That’s a different conversation and not the point, I was just in awe because of “so many issues if you run all packs”. I’ve been playing quite a bit recently and to me the game is probably running as best as it ever has, so many packs in still no lag and definitely no game breaking bugs. But oh well to each their own 🤷🏻‍♀️
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I've just found this on Sims Community they have 20 minutes of music from the Strangerville pack to hear. I don't have Alexa but I think it can be heard from there too?

https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/20/listen-to-the-original-soundtrack-from-the-sims-4-strangerville/
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm excited for the gameplay, that goes without saying - I always love new gameplay.

I'm also excited for:
    • New career (Military)
    • Martial Arts skill
    • Laptop
    • New world (hopefully livable)
    • And hopefully this one small thing I've been wanting for a long time - tabletop photos!!! With possibly the option to take a photo of 3!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just found this on Sims Community they have 20 minutes of music from the Strangerville pack to hear. I don't have Alexa but I think it can be heard from there too?

https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/20/listen-to-the-original-soundtrack-from-the-sims-4-strangerville/

Maybe that shadowy thing that all must love and become one with is Alexa! Pack tie-in!
  • SunDancer17SunDancer17 Posts: 30 Member
    Did anyone at all notice all the cars? The moving news van, the military truck, the parked black car??? There's also a picture of the news van with signal waves coming off the satellite.
    Whatever the case is, I can finally take out my idea notes for some military sims I've been saving in a back corner for awhile. They're gonna look good in the new wares!

I never said that I wasn't going to buy it, just wait on a sale.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I'm curious to know if the sims can cook this "parasite" :p

Asking the real questions here now :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top