Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What wall view do you use the most while playing>

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Partially up
    partially up but if it's an open house I will play with walls all up
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    All walls up
    I play with the walls up because I enjoy getting a full sense of my sims' surroundings. I usually get the camera nice and close to them too. Though sometimes this gets annoying as I cannot get a proper view or the camera keeps jumping around. In those moments I have to remind myself "Just put the walls down for goodness sakes!" :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited February 2019
    All walls up
    I don't know how you people can stand having partially up or down. It drives me nuts not seeing the house and rooms. I like to decorate the walls and often walls and rooms are a part of the design in the house. I put a good amount of effort into architecture. I think it is lost with walls down.
  • Options
    SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    Partially up
    Its nice to see some walls in your house
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2019
    Partially up
    all walls up entirely blocks my view and all walls down feels too exposed and not at all like my sims are living in a house. partially up is perfect
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Partially up
    In live mode, they are always partially up. It's difficult to see what Sims are doing with walls fully up, unless you view them from above, zoomed out a little. I only have walls fully up when I'm in build mode or taking screenshots.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    None up
    I keep the walls down so I can see what's going on, but perhaps I should experiment more.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Other
    Up when building/taking screenshots
    Down when playing.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    All walls up
    For me it's extremely important that I feel like my sims are actually in the house/building that they are in. I need to be able to see the walls to get this feeling. It doesn't bother me that sims in other rooms are blocked from my view. They can take care of themselves until I decide to focus on them.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    All walls up
    > @HopeyStarr said:
    > I play with the walls up because I enjoy getting a full sense of my sims' surroundings. I usually get the camera nice and close to them too. Though sometimes this gets annoying as I cannot get a proper view or the camera keeps jumping around. In those moments I have to remind myself "Just put the walls down for goodness sakes!" :lol:

This is exactly like me!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DreamySimsDreamySims Posts: 24 Member
    Partially up
    I do this usually for screenshots, and so I can see my lovely wallpaper ♥♥
    "Depwa Sanewash Depla Blah"
    (You! Yes you! Go away!)
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    Partially up
    I always play partially up. I spend waaaaaaay too much time decorating my walls, especially with my sims that paint. I used to play with all walls up in Sims 3, but I find it a little harder to play like that now, for some reason the camera gets a bit wonky when I try.
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Partially up
    It's a toss between walls up and cutaway.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2019
    None up
    I don't really play with my walls up. I like the open-ness of the no walls view
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Partially up
    > @Hermitgirl said:
    > I like to play in houses with open enough floor plans to play with walls partially up. It just makes me feel like I'm with the sim more. It looks better to me. I'll put them up if I have to for screen shots unless partially works. I sometimes play with them all down with multiple or spread out sims so I can see at a glance what they are doing and if they need help from momma/god.

Momma/god, I love it!
  • Options
    rumhamrumham Posts: 1 New Member
    Other
    Most of the time partially up. But I built a house on a cliff recently and the walls make the view bounce around sometimes so I’ve been doing none much more often. I wish the cliff feature was easier to control on the PS4. I miss my Mac so much!!!
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Other
    Depending on what I’m up to, usually wall up and SIMs 3 camera especially to review a build before sharing but if doing something very gameplay intense like my 100 baby file or other family with lots going on then SIM4 camera and cutaway so I can track where everyone is and make children mop up their messes!
  • Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    Partially up
    I like to be able to see at least some wall. All walls up blocks some of the play area, while no walls up feels unnatural.
  • Options
    stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    Partially up
    People who play with 'All Walls Up' deserve a medal of bravery & patience
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter