Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Strangerville

Comments

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    No
    No. This kind of pack doesn't interest me. Not enough to pay full price, anyway. MAYBE if LGR reviews it positively, and if anything else in it catches my eye we haven't seen. If it is ONLY what is shown, being some weird disease/new outback world/conspiracy stuff, no.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    I love stuff like this so yes I'm so ready to merge parts of it into my gameplay or start off a new save just based on what they've shown us.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely yes. That looks like a lot of fun! I didn't play the similar pack back in Sims 2 so even the concept is new to me, and I trust they've done detailed job with it, just like the vampires are much more detailed than in the previous packs.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Maybe
    I’m leaning towards yes but I’d like to see more of the build/buy content first.
  • Options
    MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    Maybe
    It looks pretty interesting. I'd buy it if it adds the military career, but I'll find out. I usually only buy games for my birthday and Christmas. And my birthday is months away, so it's gonna be a while. Do they always tease these packs so close? I don't usually pay that much attention.
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yes
    Yes, BUT I will be a little upset if the world is a destination world. I really like the look of it and would want to live there too.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yes
    Even if I wasn't excited I'd still have to say yes, because I usually buy everything. But it looks like it will be fun and it's a game pack - so far all game packs have been really great - which promises something.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Maybe
    I feel like I need a bit more solid information. The concept would fit nicely into a couple of my current games, but I need to know if that googly-eyed mindless drone state we see the sims get into is player driven or if it can strike anyone at random at any time. If random, I don't want it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I am.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Ask me tomorrow, when I know more.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Maybe
    I have to wait and see how it plays first. It's on a very fine line for me. I think it's an interesting concept and would be fun to play, but if the world and premades are the same as Strangetown, it's not happening. The trailer is also very Stranger Things, which I enjoyed, so...

But I also always wait for sales, because hardly anything I buy I judge to be worth full price, but that's just me with everything, not just Sims, so if I do decide to get it it'll be a bit.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes
    I'll get it on launch, something I haven't done in years. But I've saved so much over time waiting for sales and bundles that I can afford the occassional irrational decision.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Maybe
    I need more info first before I decide. For me, it might be an occasional play thru like Jungle Adventure. Not a whole lot of replay value for me, but enough to pick it up on sale.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2019
    No
    It does not look appealing. I was waiting for a wow factor that would make me want it and that never appeared. It looks like one of those do once and never again packs.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    No
    I’m pretty uninterested in it. Maybe will grab at 50% off later on to complete the collection but we’ll see. For now it’s a definite no. I really just want witches.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    For many reasons...
    1.The science career is my favorite
    2. I have a ton of aliens in my game. Might be perfect merging them with strangerville.
    3. Strangetown in sims 2 was awesome.
    4. Strangetown for PSP more awesome.
    5. I’m into that conspiracy type of stuff, love X-files
    6. Fantasy/sci-fi
    7. So far the little CAS and build/ buy seen are neat
    8. So glad to have another desert like place
    9. Etc....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Maybe
    I really need to know more before I decide. I am leaning more towards yes though, but might wait for a sale or next birthday. :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    I am beside myself excited for this pack. I cannot wait to buy it. It looks like so much fun and such a breath of fresh air!!!
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Those outfits in the trailer were set dressing, so I doubt it comes with a Military career, Sims can't live there, and it's all set dressing with some adventure type puzzles or clues. Not for me. I'm tired of set dressing.

Where are you getting the info that Sims can't live there? It looked like a playable town in the trailer.
  • Options
    KBetelgeuseKBetelgeuse Posts: 74 Member
    Yes
    TAKE MY MONEYS!!!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    gemjas wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Those outfits in the trailer were set dressing, so I doubt it comes with a Military career, Sims can't live there, and it's all set dressing with some adventure type puzzles or clues. Not for me. I'm tired of set dressing.

Where are you getting the info that Sims can't live there? It looked like a playable town in the trailer.

None of that has been revealed. Speculation. :)

Except that the Military career has been verified.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    I own every pack other than MFP so yes I'll buy it. The question is when, I need more info.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Yes
    YES! I hope that will be great! I love apocalyptic world and scifi theme! so western style is so good for me!
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Heckin' yes for me. My Time Lord needs more weird alien-y stuff in her life.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Maybe
    I’m a maybe surprisingly, I think I need more information before I get excited.