Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something is about to happen!

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Well, after watching it at least I know I was right to be disappointed. But maybe it'll sedate the people who wanted "new" ideas. Don't get me wrong, wanting that is understandable, I just wanted witches first.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    ΜØŦĦ€Ř ƗŞ ƤŁ€ΔŞ€Đ

Time to go preorder!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone!

I've moved this thread to 'Speculation' as the last 24h here were mostly that :wink:

Now that The Sims 4 StrangerVille has been announced, let's move the discussion of the trailer/announcement, the non-speculation discussion here!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Looks interesting. I was just about to give Sims 4 a rest for a while. Lands next week too!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Ehh. I mean, it's cool, I guess. The premise is interesting, but I was kind of hoping for more info on what the pack offers. So far, everything shown (story, careers, items) seems like stuff I'd look into once or twice, but not make a mainstay of my playthroughs.

I hope it's not all alien conspiracy stuff, since we already have aliens. I saw some people compare it to Stranger Things, and that was about demons or something, right?

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    im excited and interested.... it sort of takes a side step away from my usual game play, but then so did vampires... i dont play vampires in my usual game play style but i enjoyed a fling with them when i bought a pack bundle that included it. I can see me having real fun with this strangetown sickness and my sims investigating what is going on.

Do we think this is going to be more of a story based pack that you have to walk through step by step or more open game play like the usual worlds?

I really like the look of central strangetown, love the idea of having playable vans/rv's to live in, like the deserty setting and cowboy hints. even if my sims go there and dont play against the strangetown sickness storyline i think it could be a nice addition to my game. Kind of kooky and fun. Sure i'd like universities and a tropical island expansion packs, but they are going to take time to develop and flesh out fully. personally i think this is a really nice thing to follow up get famous and keep me entertained whilst i wait for content that is more relevant to my normal play style later in the year. I certainly didnt think it had anything to do with witches and am surprised anyone could convince themselve that it was going to be that from the hints we were given, so im sorry if you're dissapointed over that... but isnt that much more likely to come out at the end of the summer in time for halloween? got to think sales tactics here!

Anyone else excited with me? cause there seems to be a lot of moaners in the youtube chat feed sadly....
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2019
    OwO, what's this? Official comics about StrangerVille? Part 1 isn't showing for me, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Is it bad that I really enjoyed the way the gurus were acting and kinda wish they’d do it up until the release..? I’m going to miss all of this ΜØŦĦ€Ř talk..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    NyaIeroWay wrote: »
    Watch them give us something we haven't even asked for lol

Bout time. Something new finally.

Actually a lot of us did ask for that come to think about it.

Like people will list a bunch of things we are familiar with - then add - "Or something new we haven't had before." So yeah - something we've never asked for before gets asked for quite often if you think about it.

i'm talking about things some of us haven't even been interested in paying for, such as my first pet stuff as an example. Like I said, I didn't see what they put out until I clicked out of this discussion and into another.

But lots of people did ask for small pets - maybe you didn't but I saw plenty asking for rats and gerbils, and other pets too. You were not the only person asking. You have to keep that in mind that often other people like things not all of us like and want things in their sims games not everyone does. I often see things asked for I am not all that fond of. It does not mean no one asked for it because you didn't.

I actually would love Witches, University, and an Ocean liner vacation and Honeymoon pack but just because I like those things does not mean we are sure to get any of them. I just get to choose from the things we do get made.

no no, yes i know small pets are great. I'm bad at explaining things through text, but I meant that they didn't include it into cats and dogs. They should've just did that, and called it pets or another name. I mean look at sims 3, we got horses, etc next to cats and dogs. My first pet stuff was another $10, (i think thats how much a stuff pack is) for something that should've been included.

That is something you need to take up with marketing though - not the devs. Marketing decides that kind of thing. Plus pets in Sims 3 were sims - they are not sims in Sims 4. Small pets were not sims or pets in Sims 3 they were the same thing as bugs and other collectables but in sims 4 they are small pet objects and not findable collectables. So they vary and their value varies and only marketing can decide where they go. How much work they require matters a lot. They were not just more pets added but pet made from scratch in sims 4 but in sims 3 they just changed some collectables to more types of collectables with a touch of programming.

What i first said was a joke clearly, "Watch them give us something we haven't even asked for lol".
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Is it bad that I really enjoyed the way the gurus were acting and kinda wish they’d do it up until the release..? I’m going to miss all of this ΜØŦĦ€Ř talk..

I loved it too. It was fun to see how many people got involved.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ƗŞ ΔŁŴΔ¥Ş ŦĦ€Ř€ ₣ØŘ ¥ØỮ
    egTcBMc.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top