Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    hmae123 wrote: »
    This looks like it could be fun. I wonder if you can live in the world or just visit it? I also wonder if Bella will somehow tie into the mystery. Ideally I’d like it to be like once you solve the mystery it’s a sandbox world like the others, not like a repeat of things over and over. It would be really awesome if solving the mystery opened a new life state or something like that.

Well if you remember Strangetown had their own Bella - who was a mystery herself and if you searched hard enough and long enough in Pleasantville you would find the real Bella but she carried a death token. (You found her by Mortimer accepting enough blind dates through the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Match maker - but the trick was to be able to get rid of her death token and cleaned of death memories to bring her back to Mortie.

Strangetown Bella was actually prettier than the original one but she was a true mystery as well.

If we do get a Bella - wonder if we will finally get back Strangetown Bella and finally solve her mystery as well.
    What if that Bella is in it and shes the one the special agent from the trailer are trying to get info on as well, just cause the real Bella is a special agent ;) but idk :D
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    When the sims 4 was first released EA said that this is going to be much longer than the other 3 about 30 something packs. By the way EA is talking now the sims 4 is going to end sometime in 2021. Which gives us 2 definite soild years and more content patches. Thats the reason behind all the stuff packs I believe. So really this game when it ends. Will have more content than the others. @mirta000
  • MawMawMawMaw Posts: 99 Member
    Looks like we'll be getting another food/supply stall.

Uo1X2UY.png

It looks like a merchandise store, Maybe new t-shirts and things, Like the ones from the festivals in CL.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited February 2019
    Be as cynical as you will, I see no need for a Sims 5 at this point. This game can do everything I want a Sims game to do.
    Besides, when they DO release Sims 5, I am looking forward to everyone and their little dogs barking about how all vital features are removed and the game is much worse than any that came before it and NO TODDLERS and NO SWIMMINGPOOLS and NO (insert whatever here). Again.

Besides, the two games i play the most have similar business models: Sims 4 and Crusader Kings 2. Crusader Kings was released in February 2012 and just had it's Gazillionth expansion pack.

This heavy removal happened only in The Sims 4. The Sims 3 missed around 100 things compared to The Sims 2 base (small animations and such), but made up for it in their own unique systems. I don't think that they'll make a 5th iteration as they seem to have no plans to. If they do and we do have a removal of such things as toddlers again, then the only difference is that we moved the final nail in the coffin by an iteration.

Edited. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Forgot a link in the opening post! *ops!*

achel3lubpy1.png

StrangerVille comic >> check it out here!

Is clicking Read Now supposed to just cause the page to reload? I guess that would fit the strange theme and be a mystery...
    image.png
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm just glad it's not a whole week to wait, this is exciting I can't wait!!!!!!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Based on the crashed military plane, I'm guessing that something got out during a shipment and, either the plane happened to crash during takeoff or landing in a military base or it crashed and they built the base around it to capture and contain it.

Being a GP, I'm sure there will be lots for us to build on and places to live in that world. I also think that the mystery will be contained to that world (lesson learned with vampires) and the weather will be specific to that world only.

I think I might have my scientist sim clone himself and send the clone to investigate. Then, should the clone become one with the Mother, he can send another clone. And another, and another, etc., etc. The whole town could be full of clones, all part of the hive mind, wandering around staring into the sun. Priceless.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    this reminds me of Sims life/castaway/pet stories, and the “story” hoods people made for TS2. The more I think about how I love those, the more excited I get for this. There’s different directions you can go in, and ultimately what happens after you solve everything is up to you. I feel like TS4 is not only lacking in “adult” or “dark” content, but also GOOD backgrounds and stories for premade sims. I’m actually excited for a pack for the first time in a LONG time!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I just realized my salary arrives on monday...!! :smiley:
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If there isn't a military base I'm going to make one and call it Area 60 because I'm sure the USA has lots more than 51! ;)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Did you play Sims 1 and 2 - there was lots of this kind of thing in those and what made the Sims games so special and so beloved. They sort of lost their way in Sims 3 and 4 - so it is great to see it coming back! That's the quirkiness and storytelling many of us have complained has been missing since Sims 1 and 2 -

Both 1 and 2 were highly sandbox, so I'm confused where you see the life-stories part in those. Unless you mean phonecalls, editable town story, a few non playable story hints in the background and job prompts. Or do you mean special NPCs like the Yeti? I'm really confused.

Exactly. Sims was a sandbox game then. This new GP looks linear as they come.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    this reminds me of Sims life/castaway/pet stories, and the “story” hoods people made for TS2. The more I think about how I love those, the more excited I get for this. There’s different directions you can go in, and ultimately what happens after you solve everything is up to you. I feel like TS4 is not only lacking in “adult” or “dark” content, but also GOOD backgrounds and stories for premade sims. I’m actually excited for a pack for the first time in a LONG time!

I loved the Life Stories. You played the story and then were free to enjoy it all in sandbox mode. I think this is how Strangerville will be.
    Simburian wrote: »
    If there isn't a military base I'm going to make one and call it Area 60 because I'm sure the USA has lots more than 51! ;)

Area 69.

...Hmmm that is a movie title I suspect both actually exists AND you shouldn't google for in polite company.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I feel like the world has a bit of a timelessness to it and a Country/Western vibe. I actually really like the design of it because it seems like a forgotten desert town where something weird has been going on for a while and the military only recently discovered it. Some of the clothing also reflects the Western theme too, but a little bit modernized. It's not usually my taste, but I really like the way it was designed. :)

The vibe is definitely great, I do love the outskirt parts of the world, and some of the buildings that look more western. I wish it could be more though. The park in the middle, shop fronts, and the perfect looking roads just look too 'cat in the hat movie' esque. But then, I've never been to America, so I don't have anything substantial to go off.
    Did you play Sims 1 and 2 - there was lots of this kind of thing in those and what made the Sims games so special and so beloved. They sort of lost their way in Sims 3 and 4 - so it is great to see it coming back! That's the quirkiness and storytelling many of us have complained has been missing since Sims 1 and 2 -

I played 2. I get that feeling from it as well. I love that the town feels like it has so much mystery, I always snooped in all the sims 2 houses to find clues about the world, this pack is making me feel like that again. It looks like a lot of heart went into this Game-pack.

I'm just a bit worried that the trailer will be much more exaggerated than the actual game, and we'll be left with a few point and click clues & moodlets again.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    We're getting a creepy town, and still no scared emotion? ...ok. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Think about it if EA gave their fans all the content they desired at this point like university etc for example they don't want us to lose interest especially if they want the sims 4 to go longer than the others. Game packs didn't exist before either. They are pro longing the game. @mirta000
    I wonder what the BUFF is when you become one with the Mother.
    I mean tbh the only pack that has turned out to be a disappointment was My First Pet stuff, and i bout it anyway but waited for a 60% off sale.
    I mean tbh the only pack that has turned out to be a disappointment was My First Pet stuff, and i bout it anyway but waited for a 60% off sale.

Imagine the "zombie" sims in Strangerville all dressed as hamsters.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    I think it needs the Mystery Machine and Scooby and the gang.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The tinfoil hat. lol
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    I think it needs the Mystery Machine and Scooby and the gang.

Ruh Ro!
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I need more information before I get too excited about it personally!
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    And no word on console play ETA. :/ But you all have fun with it! :) I guess I could double-purchase everything I’ve already bought for my PS4 Pro (all of everything released) and install it on my Mac ... :*
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2019
    I need more information before I get too excited about it personally!

you always make me laugh. you need more information but theres a exclamation point at the end of the sentence. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top