Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    nani wrote: »
    A return of the weird desert city from sims 3! I admit i never played it back then but that could be fun

Strangeville was from Sims 2, not Sims 3. I play it a lot when I play Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    How many new lots, if any, are in this new neighborhood?
  • SilverJSnowSilverJSnow Posts: 22 Member
    I'm really hoping that there is some type of toggle for the "strangeness" so the neighborhood can be used normally as well. At the very least, I hope the outbreak is confined to that world and doesn't go infecting all my Sims. From the trailer, it does look like it will be a livable neighborhood though, instead of just a travel location, which is nice.

This looks pretty neat. It's not what I was expecting or hoping for, but it looks promising. I mostly want to see what content will be included with the pack, and maybe more of a shakedown of the new gameplay features. I really like the genetically modified cowplant gone rogue. I get "The Crazies" vibes from this.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm getting major Stranger Things vibes from this one! It looks super cool and let's hope it's replayable! I don't think I'll be able to purchase it next week because I'm waiting for my new credit card to arrive, but let's hope it'll be during early March. I cannot wait!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Well I am more of a sandbox player but this has me intrigued.

Same here! It looks like something totally new for our Sims. Let's hope the gameplay leaves open opportunities and isn't a one-time thing.
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I'm not excited at all at this pack, not only because it looks exactly like a mix of Get to Work Police Officer career + Get Famous movies + Jungle Adventure, witch is pretty predictable and boring for a "new" pack in my opinion, but also the game needs so many more usable stuff like an attraction system, better babies, likes/dislikes, astrological signs, sims being able to be boyfriend/girlfriend in CAS, etc...So many stuff people actually want and the game is really in need that I'm not wasting my time buying it.

Even for people that might like Supernatural stuff, etc, I think they could have done something better than that instead of using the same stuff again and again; Anyway it doesn't really work for me, I wish we could get "normal stuff" improved first.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I am not that excited by this if I am honest if the gurus had ACTUALLY LISTENED to the community we would have gotten It he’s or a Tropical beach pack not this it seems very Limited to me this is on the dev team LISTEN TO US.
  • SousChefSanjisSousChefSanjis Posts: 10 New Member
    Will definitely pick it up when it hits consoles!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I feel very underwhelmed, but I will wait until we know more about the world and the gameplay.
    But I don't think I will be interested in something similar to Selvadorada, because I don't have the patience to travel back and forth many times to a destination, since I usually have 5 minute load screens. It generally doesn't suit my playing style either.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I don't know what to think about this one.

This one I can afford to wait for a sale on.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2019
    doogerie wrote: »
    I am not that excited by this if I am honest if the gurus had ACTUALLY LISTENED to the community we would have gotten It he’s or a Tropical beach pack not this it seems very Limited to me this is on the dev team LISTEN TO US.

Tropical beach would be cool but has been done before, there is some merit in finding new ideas that haven't been done before otherwise we're just getting the same game with each iteration of The Sims.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    A return of the weird desert city from sims 3! I admit i never played it back then but that could be fun

They could be talking about the abandoned area of Lucky Palms. That was very secretive area with the Military Base, Science Laboratory and Criminal Headquarters.
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    Did anyone read the comic? Last frame says, 'Fine, join the military!' I'm definitely getting this pack if there is a military career AND 'Strangerville' is a livable town. I used to love playing Strangetown, especially the Grunt family!
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2019
    I really enjoy the short wait for the release, thank you for that, however i'm very worried it's going to be something like jungle adventure.. I don't see why I would bother playing this multiple times. It may even just get boring after watching one LP if its all the same story?

Though I am a huge fan of the idea, and the clothes etc look promising.. but it seems like you've tried to fit an awful lot into one game pack, which worries me and I just hope you didn't spread yourself too thin, especially as Strangetown was a huge hit in 2.

Also, if we're in the army, PLEASE have bunk beds? or maybe even separate households living together in army barracks?! This would be an exciting addition and a hopeful hint that University isn't too far off?

(also please have an option to turn off or deactivate the crazy, it's a sandbox game and I wouldn't want this happening 24/7 in my game?)
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    I feel very underwhelmed, but I will wait until we know more about the world and the gameplay.
    But I don't think I will be interested in something similar to Selvadorada, because I don't have the patience to travel back and forth many times to a destination, since I usually have 5 minute load screens. It generally doesn't suit my playing style either.

I feel the same. I am very worried this will be a destination and not a new world itself, but it will have the same thing as Jungle Adventures, which for the record I played only ONCE and never traveled back there again....I am too very underwhelmed...
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm all in!
    It gives me TS2 vibes and looks like a Stranger Things meets the X Files with a goofy undertone.

My only concern is that I hope it comes with some features that are more long lasting on the long run for the game since it seems very self contained so far.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Did anyone read the comic? Last frame says, 'Fine, join the military!' I'm definitely getting this pack if there is a military career AND 'Strangerville' is a livable town. I used to love playing Strangetown, especially the Grunt family!

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/strangerville-comic/part-1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I wonder if the new world is tied to the army career specifically? Hopefully other sims can visit as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    clearly the type of job my sims will never have
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I enjoy the sci-fi themes but I'm really, really surprised they would release something like that over things that have been requested multiple times and mostly staple parts of other Sims games like Witches/Magic, University, Tropical Vacations and so.

Those are still coming I suppose, but the wait is ever so boring.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    jude72pla wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

They could be talking about the abandoned area of Lucky Palms. That was very secretive area with the Military Base, Science Laboratory and Criminal Headquarters.

Well that was a store world and not really connected to the games like the game worlds are. It also had no real mystery about it. I do also have all the store worlds as well. The closest thing to a mystery in Sims 3 was the Ambition world and WA and even those were not followed up on like we had in Strangetown and throughout Sims 2. I love Sims 3 but it is no Sims 2 with all it's stories and quirkiness and all. In my opinion anyway.

I am really glad to see this kind of play return to the Sims. It's been gone too long....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top