Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Rinsk wrote: »
    So excited for this. Can anyone remember if game packs are released in the morning or evening (uk time) need to plan a day off work 🤓

For the U.K. it’s a 6pm release usually.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Called it. They're defiling my memory of Strangetown. Sigh.

Not really. You have the option of not purchasing. :)

which of my statements get falsified by having the option to not buy?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    This looks okay. I'm not hugely excited for it but there's a bit of western stuff in there I can see, so that more than anything is good for me. I'll get it. It's more careers (I think) and content, if nothing else.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    This isn't witches, but it looks fun. I'd like to know the extent of what we're getting though. If it's just a new town and new objects, that's going be ok, but I'm really hoping at least we active careers in secret agent and military.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like the look of the town and the new cas items and I would like to play it through at least once, but I'm not getting it unless there's an option to just use it as a normal town without sims going all weird. I don't want this in my main save, and considering how the vampires come knocking (or break in) even though you haven't interacted with them. I'm not falling for it again unless they give us some kind of toggle.
  • KBetelgeuseKBetelgeuse Posts: 74 Member
    I am so excited for this!!!
    Sadly, I've been scrambling around in search of a order button and haven't found one yet.
    It will be mine!
    :D
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    My theory, the military tried to somehow genetically modify the cow plant and things went bad...and they're stopping people from coming close to the truth

I like that theory!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ehh, personally its not really my thing. Ill probably get it at some point just for a new world to explore and if there is a new career. (Plus sale) But I wont be in a hurry to buy.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    Liked the hat with the goggles, will definitely use. The woman at :24 had a hairstyle that looked sort of like one from the bowling pack
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I will say this much: the trailer is CREEPY. I hate the way they twitch and walk, it's incredibly off-putting! :sweat_smile:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    DO I smell a hint of *sniff**sniff* Mad Science?

This seems like it would be a fun pack to play with one of my dormant saves. I may just treat myself to it if my midterm grades warrant it...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    A return of the weird desert city from sims 3! I admit i never played it back then but that could be fun
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    When can we preorder it, or is it only available to purchase on the release date?
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
    nani wrote: »
    A return of the weird desert city from sims 3! I admit i never played it back then but that could be fun

*The Sims 2.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    You know something I want the sims 4 to be different, if I wanted it to just like the sims 3 , I wouldn't of bought the sims 4 I would of saved myself some money and stayed playing the sims 3. Some people are constantly complaining about this game. Constantly comparing it to precious games. First of all your comparing something that isn't finished to something it is its not fair . Second of all the first 3 were brilliant but not flawless. No game is flawless because none of us are. Cut the devs some slack their working hard. Judge the game once it's completely done .
    Happy simming everybody, thank you devs for giving us something different ☺

Time wise it has already had as much time as The Sims 2 and now running on the last The Sims 3 year. You would think that it would be finished, no?
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm looking forward to this now, it has a lot to live up to because most of the Game Packs for TS4 have been top notch and often better quality than the expansion packs. I hope it is challenging and has some replay value, i'm not a fan of packs that you play through once and you've got all the experiences from it right away so never go back. I can really see the Stranger Things influence on this, which is cool. I'm all for the occasional pack that is very 'out there' and the 'conspiracy' nature of it feels intriguing and certainly appeals to my twisted mind. Just please, please give us University soon!

I like that we go from the trailer coming out to the content dropping within a week, though i'm still missing the quarterly teasers.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Unbelievably disappointing. Another boring desert world and not everyone has seen Stranger Things.

This kills my hope that occult players will ever see witches.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I like the look of the town and the new cas items and I would like to play it through at least once, but I'm not getting it unless there's an option to just use it as a normal town without sims going all weird. I don't want this in my main save, and considering how the vampires come knocking (or break in) even though you haven't interacted with them. I'm not falling for it again unless they give us some kind of toggle.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns too. That and whether the main mystery has replay value or not. Some of the items are probably going to be cool but I don't want the weirdness taking over regular gameplay. At the same time I also don't want it to be something that is boring once you have solved the mystery.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm totally loving this pack. Martial arts back. Intrigue, mystery, OH yeah... Exactly the kind of fun I love. Quirkiness has returned... Look forward to this for sure.Wish my check came earlier though... But definitely getting it as soon as I can. Looks like fun and exactly the kind of play I like to stir things up!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    This is right up my alley! I love all the weird quirkiness. I literally just spent the last weekend recreating a bunch of Sims and their storylines from TS2's Strangetown! Its like someone knew? Mother??
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Guys. I am so excited for this!

It looks like a similar concept to Jungle Adventures, which is what I was hoping for. We'll be able to explore and uncover the mystery of the town. did you see the weird weather effects at the end of the trailer? Amazing. <3

ME TOO!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    It'll go well with get to work for people into this at least. Cute that they called it Strangerville: Stranger Things meets Strangetown. Too bad they didn't wait to release aliens, could have given them more detail and scare factor. Anyways, I'm over it already, bring on the next pack.
    Oh, that would have been amazing. Awesome aliens would have gone so well with this pack.

I like the look of it, but it's not quite what I was expecting. I'm a bit sad that the video didn't make certain things very clear - like whether this is a vacation world or a normal world to live in etc.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Looks interesting - still will wait for a sale lol. I like some of the content I saw in the trailer. I am sure one of our "people" will post all the items and things I missed the first time lol.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    ... meh. On sale maybe. I want more gameplay for my Sims (hello TEENS?), not yet another thing that will be fun for a couple hours and then get repetitive and boring (like JA).

I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest :(

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top