Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Looks really different for Sims! Love love love the world already and the new CAS.

For anyone looking for my usual SimGuru info and Broken Mods threads, I'm away this week. I've let a couple of other thread regulars know, but you can also check SimsVIP for mod updates, in a different format.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Guys. I am so excited for this!

It looks like a similar concept to Jungle Adventures, which is what I was hoping for. We'll be able to explore and uncover the mystery of the town. did you see the weird weather effects at the end of the trailer? Amazing. <3
    #Team Occult
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Looks creepy and fun!
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Well I'm excited :) No pack is going to be /everyone's/ thing but so far it looks like it could be fun for a lot of players <3
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Well I am more of a sandbox player but this has me intrigued.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like the comic and the CAS stuff.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• TwinsmamaTwinsmama Posts: 76 Member
    My questions are simple....1. does this effect all neighborhoods and gameplay or just the new neighborhood?...2. Can you live there?...3. Can you be in the Military career?...4. Is whatever it is effecting them curable?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I was SUPER anti-Jungle Adventures until I actually played it. I love it now.
    I am actually really interested in this!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    If this is a one-time mystery, it doesn't sound like it would have a high replayability value. Unless it's something like the temple in JA, and things in the mystery randomize and reset each time.

It is quite interesting I must say but I agree, I wonder how will it fit in with the rest of the packs or is this like CL which is an EP and some of it's features are locked into one area. However, I will wait and see where it goes, it is an interesting concept but like you I am wondering about replayability and if it is low some will not buy it and see it as an play once and never go there again or just look at it as an waste of money. If anything I will not pay full price for it and just wait.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • RinskRinsk Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2019
    So excited for this. Can anyone remember if game packs are released in the morning or evening (uk time) need to plan a day off work 🤓
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Twinsmama wrote: »
    My questions are simple....1. does this effect all neighborhoods and gameplay or just the new neighborhood?...2. Can you live there?...3. Can you be in the Military career?...4. Is whatever it is effecting them curable?

@Twinsmama The blog comic basically confirms that the military career will be part of this pack.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    As long as we can live in and build in the town I'll get it BUT if it is destination based I'll likely pass. I have zero interest in buying anymore packs that only have destination worlds.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    This actually looks really cool and I'll probably buy it.
    C0gfE.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love games like this.

Not so sure about the sims 4. Sims 4 sims are too darn happy, and lets be honest they always have a creepy smile.

I fear this would be a one time thing like jungle Adventures and after that you wouldn’t touch again.

I am interested in what looks like martial arts coming back. But I was super hyped for jungle adventures and that fell flat for me. Puzzles and danger we were promised turned out to be guess and click and negative moodlets.

Not sold yet.

• SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm excited for the story aspect, the clothes and being able to put pictures on tables and such. AND there were 3 people in that picture! So we might be able to take pictures with more than two people...I get excited about weird things
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2019
    ΜØŦĦ€Ř ƗŞ ƤŁ€ΔŞ€Đ

Edit: It turns out I have already commented this earlier in the thread. You may ignore this comment. My bad!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    My theory, the military tried to somehow genetically modify the cow plant and things went bad...and they're stopping people from coming close to the truth
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Rinsk wrote: »
    So excited for this. Can anyone remember if game packs are released in the morning or evening (uk time) need to plan a day off work 🤓

I think it's at midnight regardless of time zone
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm definitely looking forward to this. I love solving mysteries :) and that new world looks awesome!
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    seems like the military career is a definite then?
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2019
    This looks like those dumb storytelling spin-offs from TS2, with zero replay value. I know a certain someone said they prioritize being able to tell their stories than the players being able to tell their own, but this is getting a little ridiculous now. And, minor nitpick, why would they change Strangetown's name?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm super curious and they definitely got my attention. I need to know what's in it so maybe I can justify a release day purchase :joy:
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Looks really different for Sims! Love love love the world already and the new CAS.

For anyone looking for my usual SimGuru info and Broken Mods threads, I'm away this week. I've let a couple of other thread regulars know, but you can also check SimsVIP for mod updates, in a different format.

Thank you. It just dawned on me that the patch for it will be tomorrow? Or I wonder if the patch we had a couple of weeks ago took care of it.
  • AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    Crazy how this is the latest pack when I've been playing in Strangetown in TS2 recently. Makes me wanna think they'll add something like zombies, but I doubt it.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmm, Thank you, next.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top