Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the sims 4 will never be as good as The Sims 2

MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 2
In game footage of my cocktatoo , in sims 4 we have hamsters... with a wall sticker that pretends to be tunnels for them take out on an adventure... pathetic if you ask me !!!
https://youtu.be/_vzSXpxHP7Y
https://youtu.be/0HM-chn6h6Q

Also , A brand new remastered old town from the sims 1 for the sims 2 ... with recently released graphics mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax_UPr75gj0
Post edited by Maglxisback on

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    They're on about the same level for me, and I'm a diehard S2 player.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    I love the birds in TS2. I haven't ever played with them in TS4 though, so I can't really compare the two. That Old Town is awesome! I really want to play it once I'm done with my Pleasantview Story!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't think any of the versions are as good as Sims 2. I love TS3, but I still don't think it's as good as 2. It's often held up as the pinnacle of the Sims series, and well deserved I say.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    Agreed! I like TS3 also - just recently started playing it again after several years. But TS2 will always be my favorite.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I love Sims 4 but idk I genuinely have more fun playing with Sims 2. I prefer making Sims and building lots on Sims 4 but the actual gameplay on Sims 2 is far better in my opinion.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There are thousands of examples of why TS4 won't be as good as TS2 to me. Like they released a waterfront town in one of their EPs C&D? and the Sims can't even get in the ocean. Wait that's happened twice, in the GT EP, too. Another ocean and Sims can't get in. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There are thousands of examples of why TS4 won't be as good as TS2 to me. Like they released a waterfront town in one of their EPs C&D? and the Sims can't even get in the ocean. Wait that's happened twice, in the GT EP, too. Another ocean and Sims can't get in. :/
    exactly ... so Id like to ask them why was it something possible 10 years ago, where arnt there any curved pool yet, different type of staircase, curved walls , cars, create a world , or edit your neighborhood... so much is missing. Yet they annonced today an , strangerville expansion , or gamepack whatever they call it . Im sick and tired of all this &?%$#@
    Post edited by Maglxisback on
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    After years of wondering why it will never be as good, I've recently found the answer: It's because the humour back then was directed towards a teenager and an adult community, nowadays they seem to appeal little kids with these tik tok "celebrities" and alexa's things.
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2019
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 4 will always live in the shadow of the sims 2.
    After years of wondering why it will never be as good, I've recently found the answer: It's because the humour back then was directed towards a teenager and an adult community, nowadays they seem to appeal little kids with these tik tok "celebrities" and alexa's things.

Omg yes! I agree with this. I find Sims 2 so amusing and Sims 4 is just bland in comparison.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

I just read one of their tweets the new GP pack is a Story Driven pack, how replayable is that? I mean c'mon, what are they thinking? Something like Castaway or Sim Life story inside a pack in the sandbox series. I can't even say what I think I would be banned. Also, you have to play the story (but they don't want to force the story on anyone) but you must play it to not play it. :s
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    Basically, when they made the 2 it was a huge jump from the one and everyone were very involved in that evolution, the players like the makers. Bringing death and life, 3d... That was awesome and they were a wish to be really astonishing.
    So that give birth to a product full of quality with some delightful new animation.

The three was mainly oriented to the open world and customization, but did put aside this deepness, still interesting in its own way but not everyone can spend time to find the limits and avoid the error 12.

The 4 well on a side was an old dream some players had since the one to bring emotions, multitasking... But all in all not that a real revolution and not so successful in my own opinion. And surely not with the same passion involved when they built the 2.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I will say, until very recently I’ve been very hard on the diehard ‘sims 2 was best by FAR’ train.

But then I had some computer issues, crashes, and could only play sims 4 for a couple years as sims 2 I had like. ALL the downloads for that my computer couldn’t quite handle. (My medieval sims world alone has around 35,000 files).

And then after 2 solid years of playing nothing but sims 4, I went back, and found some things I really missed about 4. Like. Dates in sims 2, although it allows more freedom to get a Dream date, are a LITTLE broken once you are able to woohoo. Being able to shovel dirt in the pouring rain for treasure and not have your sim get wet and uncomfortable had me laughing. The CAS items on a unmodded game are incredibly limited even with the ultimate edition.

The thing is Sims 2 was truly a Sandbox game in design. Yes, each town had a in-depth story and design, but dang could you completely destroy everything and start with a blank slate! The fact that sims couldn’t age unless you played them actually had the benefit of us becoming incredibly attached to ‘characters’ like Goopy, because if you played enough legacies you were eventually going to marry him or at least date him.

Sims 4 is a bit more streamlined in its design, with its world straddling sims 3 ethos of a pre designed world with realistic capabilities that everyone can play. The humor has been directed more at kids (I mean. You aren’t going to see one of the rewards be a giant electrocution device shoddily designed that you have your sim climb into to get full mood in sims 4). But I feel like Strangerville is a bit more of a nod to old sims 2 humor in its way even with the OPTIONAL scripted event.

They are two very different games for different players. And yes, I would KILL for sims 2 remastered in sims 4 graphics and CAS and build mode with moods and traits added to the base personality system (which, I prefer personality points for a lot of Reasons), but I’ve come to accept that Sims 4 stands pretty well on its own terms, and when it comes to designing unique sims to play out unique stories, has some really inspired options that I miss when in Sims 2.

Like. Sims 2 is still my fav as long as I can get some CC for CAS and proper default skins and eyes. But still.
    Well sure, I can get you get more quality with Sims 4 content for story writing, I did some too, but when I do that I play same time i'n not a pure story writer and then I find the gameplay much less enjoyable in my own taste.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited February 2019
    I woul make a list of 3 pages but im to lazy to do that. The Sims 4 just looks like an improvement of The Sims 1with cool graphics. Imagine The Sims 4 and all its features with The Sims 2 graphics, The Sims 2 with The Sims 3 graphics and The Sims 3 with The Sims 4 graphics... looks like the right evolution. What Im trying to say is that The Sims 4 is not only a downgrade of The Sims 3 but also of The Sims 2.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I have to agree. I still remember playing 2 for the first time (release day!) and being absolutely astonished by the 3D and how much more alive the sims felt. It was revolutionary and for me, the absolute pinnacle of the franchise. The level of detail in it still pleasantly surprises me all these years later.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    I have to agree. I still remember playing 2 for the first time (release day!) and being absolutely astonished by the 3D and how much more alive the sims felt. It was revolutionary and for me, the absolute pinnacle of the franchise. The level of detail in it still pleasantly surprises me all these years later.

Same here. I was absolutely amazed when I played Sims 2 when it first come out...I felt like I was dreaming lol. Even to this day I'm still really impressed with it. I just never got that WOW feeling with the Sims 3 and Sims 4 when they first came out which was disappointing.
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Sims 2 had a charm that no other sims game has been able to reproduce so far.

I can play sims 4 for maybe half an hour, sims 3 barely that. Sims 2 I can lose hours, because there is just so much to enjoy.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    In game footage of my cocktatoo , in sims 4 we have hamsters... with a wall sticker that pretends to be tunnels for them take out on an adventure... pathetic if you ask me !!!
    https://youtu.be/_vzSXpxHP7Y
    https://youtu.be/0HM-chn6h6Q

Also , A brand new remastered old town from the sims 1 for the sims 2 ... with recently released graphics mods
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax_UPr75gj0

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how did you get that old town world with the better graphics?
  • MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    I have all four of the games and I like 3 the best. I do miss playing two. I think since this week is spring break I will do some Sims 2 playing. I really miss the humor, and of course Don Lothario is in his best version in 2.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well TS2 had a layer of realism that TS4 does not have.

Animated cars, having to shop for clothes and groceries, interests, long time and short time relationships, fears much better wants, the aspiration meter that gives the player the bigger goal right from the bat, etc. It really did put an emphasis on the actual sims and how they socialize and live. The fact that you can also have custom worlds in TS2 with an integrated create a world is butter on top. It was just well crafted.

TS4 just doesn't have that, it has a different focus. In 4 years the sims themselves have not changed or have been added anything to. The realism gameplay that it lack will never be changed at this point in it's life I don't think so it's not as detailed in what comes to being a life sim.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    It would be a big spoiler to describe all the specific interaction you have more in the Sims 2, just go play it!
  • alice434alice434 Posts: 2 New Member
    Its really very helpful information.
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    i think if they combined sims 2 sims 3 and sims 4 it would be the ultimate sims game