Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I found Jay breaking balsa boards. He must have graduated from foam boards on one of his autonomous board breaking sessions.
    32186865977_b7e8d1b2bc_o.jpg
    Ian and Paul danced :)
    46405365274_f5d4c79b54_o.jpg
    32186865377_f5ba29d747_o.jpg
    46214790505_f09301ccca_o.jpg
    I invited Kathrine and Rick over because it was Prom Day. Pia invited them in :)
    32186887937_dcee255b08_o.jpg
    I saw Pia and Rick heading towards Jason and Josh's still-warm bed :D
    33253526178_7b1bda040e_o.jpg
    Jay and Kathrine were behaving themselves so far ;)
    33253517448_8cc86d6a96_o.jpg
    Nial's first wish as a child was to learn the fishing skill. When I locked it in, he rolled another to go fishing :)
    46405362204_92a9b2bf59_o.jpg
    So much for Jay and Kathrine behaving :D
    33253517068_3bfc8550bc_o.jpg
    Because the teens always come home from Prom hungry, I had them eat cake before they left.
    33253516698_cfb3633488_o.jpg
    Jay cornered Kathrine for a dance when she was done clearing the dishes :D
    46405361664_7240d9c56b_o.jpg
    The floor must be porous ;)
    33253516318_49c2611c75_o.jpg
    The boys looked very handsome :) Rick is the son of Don Lothario and Beatris from an earlier save.
    46405361104_e489bb8f79_o.jpg
    The girls also looked lovely :) Kathrine is the daughter of Pedro Herrerra and Cait also from an earlier save.
    33253515798_d87d4b8f9c_o.jpg
    33253515608_0c4ecf02ff_o.jpg
    The boys worked on their block skills :) Pan maxed his :)
    33253516038_36d879b8c2_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Page 3297

@Brandontaylor I didn't know witches could make things unbreakable! Does it count towards their handiness skill when they use magic?
    That was good of Brittany to take care of Franklin's needs while using him as a guinea pig! :)
    Derek Khan is a very handsome sim!
    Looks like they are getting along well!
    Congrats to Brittany on becoming a level 10 witch!
    She's doing great at uni!

@Nikkei_Simmer The wedding venue looks beautiful!

@Emily4331 Very useful information on shortened URLs! Thanks :)

@Hejix It's good that there aren't many fires in Riverview for George to put out but I can imagine it would be fairly boring just waiting for something to happen.
    Ari is a hard one to catch!
    Whoa! George worked fast when he did finally catch up to her! :D
    Looks like the cop took care of the burglar! George definitely didn't need to be bothering himself with things like that when he had a wedding in the morning ;)

@lisasc360 Cute pics of Donny getting playful with the zombie! :D
    LOL that turned fast! Glad the zombie had a headache ;)
    Good for Scout scaring off the burglar!

@PalmArrow Tamsin looks lovely in her wedding gown! The wedding chapel looks great! Looking forward to the wedding :)

@CravenLestat Gorgeous patterns as always :)
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    @AlexaKry I am sorry that you experienced that in this thread. I have only been actively posting here a little more than a year and a half because I took a long break from simming when my life circumstances changed. Don't let my post count fool you into thinking I have been around longer - most of that was from the old Sims 3 Forum where I was very active. There will always be people that appear to be in a "closed society" in threads like this where people have got to know each other over time. I felt like a newcomer for a long time when I came back because all my old simmer friends didn't come to the new forum but it didn't stop me from jumping in and getting to know this new group of simmers. In fact I have made a couple of wonderful friends here.

I admit that I have complained in the past and still do but that doesn't mean that the simmers I complain about aren't welcome. They are free to post wherever they wish on the forum. I try to be fair and friendly (as friendly as a reserved person can be since I am not a naturally warm person) to all who post but sometimes a vent is necessary for my own well-being even if the intended audience is totally oblivious.
  • Options
    The family enjoyed fish and chips, the birthday boy's favourite, for dinner :)
    46405360784_78711b41b3_o.jpg
    Paul had a wish to play a game with Nial and Nial had a wish to play catch with Paul so I sent them outside to do that. Ian had a wish to play a game with Pan. I couldn't remember if video games counted towards the wish but I had them play anyway :)
    33253514938_d26fced800_o.jpg
    33253515388_4e4d58a563_o.jpg
    33253515238_bac7cdb77a_o.jpg
    Josh and Jason watched the house :D
    33253515078_7db7acd223_o.jpg
    The star gazing was cut short by a text from Morty that his party was about to start.
    33253514708_f0a28ee125_o.jpg
    Jason summoned some food when they arrived :)
    33253514488_0f7977af7e_o.jpg
    Josh chatted with the host :)
    46214790905_aacbb2afaf_o.jpg
    Back at home, Ian and Paul watched the stars :)
    33253514078_c6f7642d7d_o.jpg
    When I checked back at the party, Josh was dancing on a counter and Jason was playing computer games :D
    33253513858_3a8c4145c7_o.jpg
    33253513718_8da5fb91df_o.jpg
    33253513588_d7c530b81c_o.jpg
    33253513448_2a94886eb6_o.jpg
    Cait Herrerra and Shark Racket were late comers. I noticed that Josh and Cait had chatted earlier when I checked their thumbnails.
    33253513268_ec525c570f_o.jpg
    Morty looked sad. Maybe he wanted to dance too :(
    33253513248_d4fc21887c_o.jpg
    Pia and Jay topped up with more cake before bed :)
    33253512968_69d44de62c_o.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Mikezumi : nothing to be sorry about! It´s just my experience. :)
    And yes, a vent can be good, but it goes from both sides!
    My concern was and is only that the vent of yours wasn´t very effective (perhaps for you, but not for others!). It adressed the wrong people! And made the wrong people feel bad! And that´s not ok in my opinon.
  • Options
    @AlexaKry I can only speculate why the wrong people react and, since I don't share those kinds of personal opinions on a public forum since I am decidedly the least politically correct person I know by modern standards, I won't respond to that. I regret that you don't think that's okay but I don't regret venting from time to time. Although I probably see some of the people you are defending in a different light, at least they know they have you in their corner.
  • Options
    Brooklyn777Brooklyn777 Posts: 19 Member
    Ok guys the sims 3 store has a great sale on the World of Wonder Carousel Collection, it was 1,900 sims points now its 1,045 Go get while its up there, you have 2 hours, time is ticking lol.
  • Options
    I lost track of what year it is and I have in fact been on this forum for just over two years! Time slips through my fingers faster with each passing year :#
  • Options
    @Brooklyn777 Thanks for the heads up for those who are yet to own that collection :) I keep tabs on the daily deals every day and was fortunate to buy mine at it's lowest possible price some time ago :)
  • Options
    @Brooklyn777 I just checked the Daily Deal Thread and saw that that is the most expensive daily deal price for that collection.
  • Options
    Brooklyn777Brooklyn777 Posts: 19 Member
    Your very welcome, im late on getting all the venues and worlds, im almost complete lol. The deals are amazing and it make total sense because a lot of ppl talk about certain items being overpriced, so its great to purchase an item when the good deals come up, some ppl miss the good deals so I try my best to blast them on the forum just incase it can benefit a simmer lol
  • Options
    @Brooklyn777 Perhaps you should consult the Daily Deal Thread first before sharing with other simmers since the prices can vary greatly.
  • Options
    Page 3298

@MoonandStars83 I'm glad for your sake that Lydia isn't expecting :) That's a lot of puddles! I hope their houseboat doesn't sink ;)

@lisasc360 LOL at the zombie's interaction menu! :D

@Emily4331 Apart from the dress being very low cut, it looks great! Great job on the conversion :)

@imdragonit Not a bag of bones, perhaps, but a maid's outfit of bones for sure ;)
    Ouch! Gotta watch out for those unicorn horns! :D

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Brittany on making a mood enhancing potion :)
    Wow! She's doing great on the logic skill!
    Congrats on acing your exams, Brittany :)
    Congrats on Brittany's third degree :) Lovely to see the family attending her graduation :)
    Congrats on her new job as firefighter. I am sure she will do great!
    Nice to see George visiting :)
    Lucky her first fire was small!

@Silverofdreams30 Congrats on passing your exam :)

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics from your time away :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Rest of Page 3320

@Emily4331 Great job on Thornton Wolff! He looks really good!

@Nikkei_Simmer Hopefully Phil's dumpster diving pays off.
    Too bad the women didn't find a cure elixir.
    That's good that the Navy sent them all cars.
    I bet you are tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. Hope you are doing okay.
    Nice meme, I don't envy Phil having to dumpster dive. I guess when duty calls, you just do it, lol

@GraceyManor You're right, he is cute. I guess he adopted himself into the family :D
    Lol, I guess she could just call it Bird or something.
    Sorry to hear your having migraines again. Hopefully it lets up soon and you can feel better.

@Brooklyn777 I don't have the cinema but I've seen Simmers that do. It struck me as odd due to the fact the screen acts just like a TV in our Sims homes, instead of a movie screen.

@Mikezumi I guess Zumi knows what she wants, lol

The table does look a bit bare without Jaxon. I bet the chairs will get filled soon though.
    Nothing like planting cheese in the morning, lol. Hopefully it will be a good quality plant.
    I like seeing the family doing their different activities. Glad Ian and Paul got strolls in before Nial ages up.
    Happy birthday, Nial!

***Usually what I do is just post an update, but I don't expect feedback. I appreciate when people do give feedback on my updates, but I don't think anyone has to give any. I just enjoy reading everyone's posts and sharing my own. I usually try and give feedback when I can but sometimes things get in the way or I just don't feel so well sometimes.

Anyway, on to another topic for a moment. I was trying to play my Ultimate Sim save and everything was going fine until I sent my Sims to bed. Every single one except Brittany got an ErrorTrap message every time I tried to make them sleep so I ended up shutting the game down and called it a day. Usually restarting the game fixes the problem but I won't have an update tomorrow due to that.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi : I was on my way to bed but had to answer!
    I think you´ve misunderstood me.
    Please look at your and @TinySpaceFox´ vent post and then look who posted after that. All of the posters apologied that they haven´t given enough feedback,but ... and then they explained why they were unable to write. But all of them are posters who frequently give feedback!

So the vent went to the false people! Sorry to tag you folks, but @Mikezumi doesn´t get it otherwise. You stepped on the feet of @GraceyManor @Emily4331 @Silverofdreams30 @Nikkei_Simmer are this the people who never give feedback and are whining when they don´t get enough attention and support of their work?
    And I can´t figure out what you mean by being politically (in)correct? What hint do you want to give me here?
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    The Best Laid Plans O'Mice and Men
    Chapter Four - "Seeking Permission from the CNO"

The Chief of Naval Operations certainly did his share of overtime, because when Tosh made the tele-call connection to the Pentagon, he was still there and wanted to speak to him.

"So, Admiral, have you found anything out about what's going on out there?" the CNO asked Tosh, "I know two days isn't much time and I'm sure that we have to give you more time, but the Joint Chiefs of Staff are antsy and the President has been harassing me for an update every few hours."

Tosh sighed, "Sir, We're going to have to dig in to this deeper. I'm sure that the problem is wide-spread in this town. I can feel it in my bones. There's something suspicious about this town. The weather is completely out of the ordinary. In fact the whole pallor of this town's atmosphere is completely not of the norm."

"Do we have to send in the National Guard or SpecOps?" was the next question out of the CNO's mouth.

"Not yet, sir, but I'd have them on Alert Fifteen." The CNO was a former aviator, so he knew exactly what Animal was talking about.

"Very well, keep me advised of the situation, Admiral..." The CNO was rather intuitive...because he looked at Tosh and said, "You got something on your mind, Animal?" as hadn't cut the connection. That familiarity of using the callsign let Tosh know that the admiral wanted to speak with him off the record.
    Screenshot-35.jpg "Sir, three women and three men in the same house...well..." It seemed like the four-star had a smirk on his face as he heard this. "Things have a tendency to manifest in high-stress situations."

"I see..." the CNO said wryly looking over at the vice-admiral. "...so you're asking me to tell the JAG to look the other way? Is it with that pretty blonde JAG lawyer?" The CNO hadn't been a recipient of the Medal of Honor over Nam for nothing. He was sharp as a tack and honed in the problem. "I noticed she was eyeing you in that briefing."

Tosh felt a heat of embarrassment crawl up his spine. "Sir, I'm just saying that things happen and..."

"🐸🐸🐸🐸, Animal, don't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 around it. You like the Captain and you want to get to know her better. Don't worry, I'll have a talk with Lieutenant General Cresswell and make sure that he understands that under my auspices, he is to look the other way should relationships develop between you and the young JAG Captain or between any of your subordinates. We've stuck you all in a nasty situation and I'm sure that the stress can drive you to seek solace in different ways. It's the least the Navy can do, having put you in this untenable position."
    Screenshot-36_CNO_convo.jpgThank God for having friends in high places. Tosh thought to himself. One of the nice things about serving together was that the CNO was able to deal with situations that arose. He was the Battle Group Commander when Animal was a squadron CO. "Thank you, sir..." Tosh said quietly. He knew that it was a big favor that the CNO was granting him. It nullified the ramifications of fraternization, should a relationship develop between him and Meg or for that matter, if Harm decided to make the move on Mac or if Kimber managed to lose her mind and take up a relationship with Phil "Metalman" Burrows.

"good..."the CNO stated, a tone of dismissal in his voice, "If that's all..."

"Yes, sir..."

"Well, then you six have a good night."

"Aye-aye, sir. Good-night, sir."

Tosh's mind spun for a while...before settling down long enough for him to head upstairs and hit the rack.

After all, morning would come quickly enough and Tosh needed to have his wits around him especially in a potentially dangerous situation like this.
    Screenshot-38.jpg Kimber and Harm were the first ones up the next morning and each had their morning repast. Harm had cooked a fresh batch of pancakes - as a vegetarian, Harm didn't like meat, but tolerated seeing it and smelling it, because he wasn't a militant vegetarian and about to insist that everyone end up eating vegetarian food. Different strokes for different folks. But he certainly didn't mind playfully teasing certain people, namely Mac and Animal for their propensity to love a thick, juicy, oily, dripping burger, namely from Beltway Burgers. And they in-turn roasted him about his Harm's Meatless Meatloaf. It was the one thing that he wasn't able to perfect yet. Animal called it a good substitute for a doorstop while Mac stated that it should come with an MSDS warning classification as a Category B, UN 3373 biohazard. The latter one stung: "You could have just said 'I don't like your meatloaf, Harm.' You didn't have to be insulting!" But stinging insult aside, he smiled as he remembered that repartee with Mac.

...and that kept him smiling as he headed out to the grocery store to get rid of his toads and then headed to the elixir shop to annoy the bees, where he promptly got stung and had to deal with the stinging pain for the rest of the day.
    Screenshot-39.jpgScreenshot-40.jpg Meg spent the day at the science station honing her science skill. After all, she had a scientific bent as well as her computer skills. And it would help them if they needed to find out what was causing the outbreak of supernatural occult in the town. And her computer skills would help in breaking into the main government office computers to see if there were any files and information on the occults that they could use to their advantage.
    Screenshot-41.jpgScreenshot-43.jpg ...and of course, the CNO wanted to speak to the both of them about what their current status was, after all he had to do his due diligence if he was going to shield them from any fall-out. Meg looked over at Tosh in question as Tosh looked back at her, and nodded. "Yes, sir..." she stated to the CNO. "We will keep you advised of any change in our status."
    Screenshot-44.jpgScreenshot-45.jpgScreenshot-46.jpg ...and it certainly appeared that things had changed between the two of them, since they both stepped out of the house...to get some privacy.
    Screenshot-47.jpgScreenshot-50.jpgScreenshot-53.jpg "...so we have a green-light, from the Chief of Naval Operations." Tosh said while Meg breathed a sigh of relief. "Just so long as our relationship doesn't constitute a detriment to the chain-of-command." The two of them just got a chance to have a few quiet moments together...and despite the fact that it was cloudy and dark, they just sat on the ground watching the sky, sitting very close together.
    Screenshot-57.jpgScreenshot-58.jpg Which of course led to an interesting night...of maneuvers which left them exhausted ending up together...sleeping the night away.
    Screenshot-60.jpgScreenshot-65.jpgScreenshot-66.jpg ...in Meg's room.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2019
    @AlexaKry
    For me if I don't get feedback, its not a big deal honestly.
    I automatically assume people are busy.
    I know a lot of the regular posters have been busy and I just shrug it off.I never
    take it personally.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor : of course you don´t whine. And this isn´t what I said: I said (in the most complicated way I could :D ) that you apologized for something that you do not need to apologize for. You were/are ill and you were obviously not able to give feedback. And you excused yourself, for nothing, in my eyes! And this made me angry. That´s all! :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3321

@Mikezumi Jay's progressing very well in MA. I bet he'll be breaking space rocks in no time.
    Ian and Paul have got the moves! I bet they'd do great at the clubs.
    Well, I guess Pia and Rick were very excited to see each other.
    I like Pia and Rick together, same for Jay and Katherine.
    Whoa, I think they may need a contractor if Katherine's hand went through the floor! :D
    Hope they had a good prom!

As long as they have the proper spell-casting level, they can make things unbreakable. Unfortunately, it doesn't count for the handiness skill. :/
    Lol, she tries to be a good witch unless someone really irritates her.
    They actually do get along well, only issue is his Dislikes Children trait but that is easy to overcome.
    Thank you, it takes a little bit of time but I usually can get her skills maxed or close to maxed during University.
    She did a very good job. She still has three more to go but for one of the degrees, I may use the LTR and get a free degree.

That's nice that Nial got his favorite meal for his birthday.
    Catch and video games sound like a fun time.
    Pan must have lost because he doesn't look happy, lol
    I bet Morty's party will be fun.
    Lol, I guess I was right if Josh dancing on the counter is any indication. :D

Congrats on being a forum member for over two years!

She had a bit of trouble getting started on creating them but she got em all.
    She did do very well on logic. I have been working on it's skill challenges still but it takes a bit of time to do them all.
    Thanks, it seems each time she goes to university, it gets a bit easier.
    I was glad to see the family made it okay. Sometimes I don't get any to show up.
    Firefighting went better than past experiences. Usually the game has an emergency then cancels it when I try to send them there.

@Nikkei_Simmer That's nice that they got permission to have relationships.
    I'm glad Harm doesn't have an issue with the others eating meat.
    Great update, Tosh and Meg sure did have fun, lol
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Nikkei_Simmer That's nice that they got permission to have relationships.
    I'm glad Harm doesn't have an issue with the others eating meat.
    Great update, Tosh and Meg sure did have fun, lol

It's lucky that CNO Pointer and Tosh served together so they have a camaraderie that goes way back.

Harm was a vegetarian on the TV show, so I had to give him the vegetarian trait.

Yeah...there were pictures that I couldn't post in the forum or I'd be in serious contravention of the posting rules. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    53053588_252041079053485_6848735226496024576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=be7c1275d6a3d2809d699c3a5854f37c&oe=5CEAC758
    "Stell, Its Alex.I'm coming in to do routing maintence." Stella was too busy focused on her yoga, that she didn't hear Alex come in.

52807407_252041089053484_5237239075852779520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=fae29089fd14afa150e2055946600e4e&oe=5CE0EA0C
    Nope, still doesn't hear him at all.

52642987_252041069053486_6194974202555006976_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=b53992a78358eb013d6e67f4fd18cced&oe=5CE40785
    So Alex joins in. "Why are we doing this?" He looked curiously at her.She nearly fell backwards."Oh my god, when did you get her?! What are you doing?!" "I was asking the same about you.What are YOU? doing?" "I'm doing yoga.When did you come in?" "Just a few minutes ago.Just here to fix a few things."

XD
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Mikezumi : I was on my way to bed but had to answer!
    I think you´ve misunderstood me.
    Please look at your and @TinySpaceFox´ vent post and then look who posted after that. All of the posters apologied that they haven´t given enough feedback,but ... and then they explained why they were unable to write. But all of them are posters who frequently give feedback!

So the vent went to the false people! Sorry to tag you folks, but @Mikezumi doesn´t get it otherwise. You stepped on the feet of @GraceyManor @Emily4331 @Silverofdreams30 @Nikkei_Simmer are this the people who never give feedback and are whining when they don´t get enough attention and support of their work?
    And I can´t figure out what you mean by being politically (in)correct? What hint do you want to give me here?

There is no hint about my statement about being politically incorrect. I am just explaining why I won't comment on why the people you perceived to be the "wrong" people reacted. I have opinions which would go down like a lead balloon in the politically correct world we are living in. Although I don't agree with much these days, I know the world has moved on and keep my thoughts to myself on most matters unless in the company of like-minded people.

I can't speak for some of the people you listed but I know for a fact I did not step on Emily4331's toes. In fact we only just finished PMing each other and she and I have no animosity for each other.

I understood what you were saying but I see things quite differently and really don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else.
  • Options
    Josh and Zumi moved into a house in Sunlit Tides because it's been a while since I last played there and I love the brightness of the world. I am sure Josh will appreciate it given his time spent in Hawaii ;)

I thought Zumi should break the ice by asking Josh about his day. Josh looked a little nervous as she approached him ;)
    47152636331_f482d36de2_o.jpg
    He must be having a good day by his response :p
    47152635981_88261c3451_o.jpg
    Zumi, although not flirty, made the first move! :D
    46429129534_f3275b4dce_o.jpg
    Josh came back by expressing his need for exercise but promptly followed with a flirtatious joke of his own :D
    47100345232_b9746b39e3_o.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Mikezumi : fine for you! And you don't get it, but that's ok, we have nothing else expected! 😂

On the contrary. I do get it. What I am not doing is agreeing and that is obviously not what you want to hear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top