Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3318

@Mikezumi Great family photo's!
    I miss Jaxon, too but at least you can still invite him over for a bit.

Thanks, I wish that Lauren could have made it. We will see her again, either as a ghost or resurrected.
    It really is a lot for the season. Not all of them will be like this but it seems the early seasons have alot, especially Bridgeport.
    Thanks for the comments!

It's kind of cool to see Josh with a slightly different appearance. Great job on this version of Josh!
    I also liked seeing young Zumi, too!

@king_of_simcity7 I bet you are excited.
    Did they do well enough on the tests to get partial credit?
    Don't worry, Jasmine. You'll see Courtney again when she graduates.
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comments!
    Mr. Pickles really is a cute cat. I was surprised when I saw that Felicity had adopted him.
    Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
    Nice update! I hope Cleopatra and Chester have a good life.

@Keiomestre Great PC family update!
    Nice to see the children in their different outfits.

@Nikkei_Simmer Interesting story idea! I hope nobody accidentally becomes a supernatural, they'd probably get dishonorably discharged.
    I wouldn't want to dumpster dive, lol.
    I'm really anticipating when they have to deal with an occult.
    Looks like they won't be able to form a romantic relationship, unless they break the codes.
    It's good that Meg and Kimber are learning to cook so they can all have some good food.

@Advarius9001 Hopefully Advarius found a good seed.
    Good for Advarius! VJ shouldn't act that way to people.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor I wonder if he followed someone in to the house. I've only had one stray ever get into a house and wouldn't you know it was a horse! I'm thinking it may happen on rare occasions.
    I guess he was tired after breaking and entering, lol

Stella must have gotten busy after sleeping.
    And she has a pet bird now!
    Fun times at the bowling alley.
    Great update!

It takes forever to learn them all too. Simbot creation stinks as my Sims always are in bad moods since it takes so long.
    I can't remember, lol. She's gotten so many awards that I lost track. I think it was a necklace that you hang on the wall.
    It really is, they hardly ever want to get off of them.
    Yep, she sure does. I'm glad I remembered to add one to the lot.

@CravenLestat Lol, that's a heck of a love story!

@TinySpaceFox Hope you have a safe flight to Australia!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Emily4331 Thanks for the comments :smile: I can't say where I got Anta's name from as I am in trouble with the mods for my stories and what I mentioned yesterday!

I have managed eight Sims at Uni before so it should be no problem :smile:

@PalmArrow Thanks I am looking forward to playing :smile:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comments :smile:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Page 3319

@king_of_simcity7 Lol, I guess they don't know about their counterparts views so they act nice to each other.
    Hopefully they have a great time at Uni!
    Great update!

@MemoriiValentine I think I see a baby in their future.
    Great update!

@Nindigo Hopefully Victoria can get the needed Visa level!

@PalmArrow Looks like a nice turnout at the slumber party.
    Great update!

@Emily4331 You're welcome!
    Thanks for the comments!
    That sounds like a cool idea. The University Sims get ignored sometimes.

@MoonandStars83 Great picture of Enid!
    Hope you have fun on your trip in Texas!
  • Options

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome!
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    So I went into CAS to make a new sim. Despite my poll, it's been too long since I made those girls so I just don't wanna play them anymore. :lol: Well, in my bin I came across my true love. :love:

Thornton Wolff!
    kkcwZlf.png

Now that makeover of him is fine and dandy, but he needed an update. Very little genetic changes. I really just made his eyes and irises smaller because they looked horrifying before. :lol: But, anyway, here's the new Thornton:
    OvBM1WK.png
  • Options

Ultimate Sim Update

UuAsdzi.jpg
    Rebecca Keaton got promoted to level 6 in the business career and can now hold meetings. This money may come in handy.

RN4Cv5P.jpg
    Our Ultimate Sim, Brittany, searched for some palladium. She needs it to create a Simbot. She had the life fruit so she turned that in as well.

QM3SpoU.jpg
    In the search for the ingredients, I forgot it was Jacob's birthday. He aged up in the bathroom.

3M9aDZF.jpg
    This is him when he aged up.

7NUWnjq.jpg
    Is it just me or is Jacob a bit skinny? At least he gained his father's muscles. The only thing I did to him was change his hairstyle.

lTKwP8W.jpg
    Luckily when Brittany was a werewolf, she got an extra pink diamond which I kept for this reason. Here she is getting it cut. After taking everything to the Science Center, Brittany got the life core and headed home.

rCr7490.jpg
    At home, Brittany spent 13 hours creating a Simbot.

q3YBlGj.jpg
    Brittany created a female Simbot named Kate Kahn. Kate will go in for a repaint tonight, using mods to be able to do so.

2SGwMab.jpg
    Also, Jacob got started on his magic skill.

And I just realized, I don't have any screenshots of James or Derek for this update.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    The Best Laid Plans O'Mice and Men
    Chapter Three - "Embrace the S*uck"

Being military officers, mornings started at 0500hrs, though of course, since they really weren't in the "chain of command" of the regular Navy. The rules were slightly more relaxed, but as they say, "early to bed; early to rise". Phil was definitely an early-riser though. He got up at 0430, had his breakfast which was an apple pie that Harm had cooked (he was a natural cook, after all (he was a gastric connoisseur on the TV show and could cook up any meal - unless it was Harm's Meatless Meatloaf(that was a standing joke on the TV show and if the Sims had meatloaf as one of the recipes able to be cooked, I'd be throwing that in there too)),
    Screenshot-66.jpg ...then it was back out to the dumpsters to try and pick through some more garbage and rotting food to try to pick out the gems in the rough. In the past two days, Phil had thrown up more than he'd had after tying on a few too many beers while on liberty at Mama Rosita's near Subic Bay (well, it was either that or the adobo had gone bad and had given him food poisoning).
    Screenshot-68.jpg When he lifted the lid of the dumpster, a wave of noxious stench assailed his nostrils. Nope, it hadn't been emptied from last night; he thought to himself and then realized that it was only 0430hrs. Garbage pick-up daily though it was, wasn't for yet another four hours. With his mood sinking, he sighed, heaved himself up on the ledge of the dumpster and stuck his head in the decaying waste. What an utterly joyful life he was leading; what a come-down from the glories of flying a Mach 2+ jet fighter and landing on aircraft carriers; dress whites and gold wings, to being stuck out here in the middle of Boondocksville, USA. picking through garbage. The US Navy should use this as a detailer's invitation to new recruits. "Join the Navy, See the World, Smell the Unique Culture." Boy oh, boy, Shore Duty was a blast. ~sarcasm~ Made Phil wish that he was back in the Fleet.

The women headed over to the elixir shop, it seemed as though the proprietor was human, though that didn't account for much as who knew where their allegiances lay. Mac who was clairvoyant kind of knew what to look for and counselled Kimber on what to ask the proprietor without giving away their motives. The proprietor didn't seem like she let on or the fact that three humans asking for cure elixir didn't provoke any alarm in her. However unfortunately, there was none in stock at the this particular time, so Kimber said, "Thanks, maybe we'll try again tomorrow..."
    Screenshot-4.jpg Tosh and Harm had gone fishing over at a new spot at the sandy banks near the ocean and well, they had a bit more luck, with luminous salamanders (which weren't on the menu) nor were the jelly fish that were a painful catch. Luckily they weren't box jellyfish of the tropical variety or that would have been a death sentence: they have lethal toxins - the venom causes cells to become porous enough to allow potassium leakage, causing hyperkalemia, which can lead to cardiovascular collapse and death as quickly as within 2 to 5 minutes; not something you want to come in contact with.
    Screenshot-7.jpgScreenshot-8.jpg By this time, the ladies had come back home and were reading skill books that they'd bought at the bookstore on the way back. At least it was something to do and increasing their skills would be a boon to the entire group. Gardening would help in insuring that they had enough foodstocks to weather an assault by the occult. In fact they had to fortify their home just to make sure that werewolves and vampires couldn't attack the building. So far the occult were unaware of the reason of their presence and the vice-admiral, Harm and the others planned to keep it that way.
    Screenshot-12.jpg ...and Phil was enjoying himself less and less...considering that he now heartily wished that he no longer had a stomach, whose contents he kept making a reaquaintance with every two hours. But dedication to duty was what Phil was good at, regardless of his propensity to take short-cuts, and he still kept at it - digging through assorted disgusting muck to try to find the few items that they could use or pawn off in order to give them some working money so that they were able to stock the fridge with food.
    Screenshot-17.jpg Meg explained to Tosh that they needed some more duties other than just sitting around the house reading skill books. Tosh nodded, but he said that he was reluctant to show his hand in terms of taking a more active approach to reconnoitering the area at this present time. If they showed their hand too early, they would lose the tactical advantage. Meg didn't like that, but she saw the strategy in the position that Tosh was taking. And he'd been to War College, so he'd know strategy.

Since Tosh and Harm weren't happy with their fish haul for the day, they decided to go back out to yet another fishing hole on the far side of town. Tosh made a command decision for all of the group to have individual vehicles, so the Navy sent over six Yomoshoto Evasion; a souped up clone of the coupe version of the Chevy Malibu which the Navy used as service vehicles. And if they had to tangle with some occult, they'd need that horsepower to make a getaway. The Beltway bean counters could kiss his big fat...(you get the general idea)

Well, at least the fish were biting at this location - Tosh and Harm managed to get quite a few fish from this location.
    Screenshot-18.jpgScreenshot-28.jpg As night fell on the second day in Moonlight Falls, Phil was still head first in the dumpster, looking for items and hoping to the Watcher that he wouldn't upchuck and aspirate garbage, incurring a raging lung infection, that would require hospitalization to treat.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is why I have trouble doing feedback, the page moves too quickly and I end up losing my spot.And then people get upset(rightly so) that feedback isn't being left and then I feel bad.:(

Starting on pg 3118

@Mikezumi
    Great family portrait! I don't have the patience to get them all
    perfectly posed like that lol.
    Ha! Its like a freaky friday with a twist lol.
    They look like their up to something...I don't trust that look lol.

@king_of_simcity7
    Aww, thanks! =)
    I keep forgetting to do the tests.Does it even help to do them?
    Congrats on going to Uni! I hope they have a good term.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Thanks for understanding that sometimes some of us just can't
    do elaborate detailed feedback.Migraines really make me not feel well.

@AlexaKry
    I'm not sure if I'm not comprehending your comment right or not(and I apologize if I do)
    But my headaches are horrible.If I disappear for a few days, its not me being an offended child,
    its me resting and playing in the background alone.Some days I just do not want to upload photos
    and share my stories.And some nights I just don't have the energy to do feedback, especially when I'm
    not good at feedbacks anyways...I feel like I say the samething to everyone.

@PalmArrow
    I love how you guys manage to get screenshots inside of the bus
    The winter weather really adds to the background.
    That's a lot of people for a slumber party! Wow!

@jillbg
    I'm not sure where you got them from, but I love that photo.
    The graphics are beautiful!!

@Emily4331
    Ha! It was the only option I had to make a passed out look lol.
    Hmm, I don't think its a trap....or is it.Muaahahaa!

Woah!!! That is one handsome looking sim. <3<3

@MoonandStars83
    Stella woke up in a fantasy world called Endmonton, she can't remember
    where she came from just her name.She was caught wandering around an old
    farm, by one of the police officers, who decided to let her stay on the property
    since he's responsible for the upkeep.XD
    Have a good trip to Texas.

@Brandontaylor
    It was weird, even though he was inside, the "Invite inside" option still came up.
    Its okay, he's kind of cute.XD

She has a pet bird with no name.XD She worked all day in the garden to get
    it looking nice.

Sorry if my feedback isn't as long as some others.
    I try my best.

ending on pg 3320

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Haruo...homeless, yet still jacked. :tongue:
    Keep reading the title of your posts as "The Best Laid Plans o' Mice and Mans" :lol:

According to lifting websites, it usually takes about 12 weeks of inactivity (no working out) to lose muscle tone. So he's probably going to lose it pretty soon. ;) But that story's taking a break. It's too dreary even for me and I generally like to write "dark" stories.

The full quote was actually
    But Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
    Gang aft agley,
    An’ lea’e us nought but grief an’ pain,
    For promis’d joy!
    Ah, Robbie Burns, what a scribe...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Brooklyn777Brooklyn777 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey my sims family, So I was in le cinema plumbob today and it hit me that they did this venue all wrong smh, So if its a theater it should have had all the actions as the rabbit hole theater, 2nd the movies are so short it gets me so annoyed, at the rabbit hole theater they stay longer, I would have thought the plumbob cinema was suppose to be the upgrade, but I guess its all about the beauty of it all, it is a beautiful venue but they should have added more features to it, even like an option to tour the theater, that would have been cool, an they could have came up with a tour about the first sims to create a theater for the sims of sunset valley lol, im just saying. Im still sims crazy no matter what though lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Thanks for understanding that sometimes some of us just can't
    do elaborate detailed feedback.Migraines really make me not feel well.

It's understandable...migraines are so severe that they end up incapacitating the individual who has them. There are things that I'd like to get done, but can't do it. And even though I don't get migraines, I understand the situation that you're in.

I don't expect feedback on my stories, and I appreciate that people care enough about what I write that they leave feedback; but is it expected - no. The only way that I can describe my situation is that every day I wake up with an energy deficit, and every task that I accomplish takes a withdrawal from that energy bank. And the balance is low to begin with. When you can't even lift anything with a substantial weight without your hands shaking; there's definite nerve damage and it begins to wear on you. And pardon me for my bit of weakness here, but I'm really getting sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

And I don't feel that any of us who are dealing with physical ailments needs to feel guilt-tripped into leaving feedback, especially when it taxes one's energy.

Sorry for the "tome"...since you're suffering from migraines and probably it's taxing even reading this...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @GraceyManor : you´ve got it wrong! :D My comment wasn´t against you at all!
    I was angry about some posters who expect others to give feedback, because you have to do this in this thread, according to them! And I´ve read this childish complaints a few weeks ago, and a few weeks before that... you get the scheme!

This thread moves so fast, there isn´t the slightest chance to give appropriate feedback to all of the ones posting here. But the posters who are miffed about missing feedback seem to think that everyone has to give (especially them) feedback!

And this made me angry and I was reminded of my childhood days where the children in the kindergarten were miffed about the kindergarten teachers when they didn´t get the same attention by them then the another child!

And so I posted my vent, but it wasn´t directed at you at all! On the contrary, after the begging for attention, the excuses of for example yours started and that made me to speak out loud. I don´t think that you have to be forced to give feedback at all, either you´re not able to or you don´t want to, but you don´t have to!

That was all I wanted to express! Sorry if I was unable to explain it much clearer, my English lacks sometimes, venting in a forum wasn´t taught at school when I´ve learned English! :D
  • Options
    @AlexaKry
    Oh no need to apologize, that's why I said I wasn't sure.XD
    Again, Migraines are acting up again, so its hard to concentrate.
  • Options
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @GraceyManor Isn't he just? I love Thornton. :3

@Nikkei_Simmer I suppose scavenging and such could be some form of workout, too. So he probably wouldn't lose all of his muscle mass. But definitely a decent amount. Especially considering a homeless sim wouldn't be eating much.
    The only thing I know "o' Mice an' Men" is the novel "Of Mice and Men" by Steinbeck. The title is probably taken from that poem, though. Robert Burns isn't a part of my preferred poetry period, which would be a few hundred years before his time. :tongue: My favorites are Christopher Marlowe (best known for "The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus" one of my favorite stories of all time!) and Dante Alighieri (best known for "The Divine Comedy").

I can't not quote my favorite passages so here goes. :tongue:
    In heavenly matters of theology,
    til swoln with cunning of a self-conceit,
    his waxen wings did mount above his reach
    And, melting, Heaven conspired his overthrow
    For falling to a devilish exercise
    And glutted now with learning's golden gifts
    He surfeits upon cursed necromancy
    Nothing so sweet as magic is to him,
    Which he prefers before his chiefest bliss;
    And this is the man that in his study sits.

And, yes, I do know that passage by heart. :lol:

I don't really have a specific Alighieri quote I particularly like, but I will reserve this quote for a bit of an honorable mention - John Milton. A writer a lot closer to Robert Burns's timeline. He's most famous for "Paradise Lost" which is also one of my favorite books of all time.
    What can be worse than to dwell here,
    driven out from bliss, condemned
    in this abhorred deep to utter woe?

Which actually reminds me of another Marlowe quote from Doctor Faustus:
    (Said by Mephistophilis) Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it;
    Think'st thou that I, who saw the face of God,
    And tasted the eternal joys of heaven,
    Am not tormented with ten thousand hells,
    In being depriv'd of everlasting bliss?"

Okay, done being a smarty pants :tongue:

@Brooklyn777 Le Cinema Plumbob definitely requires a lot of work to actually be a fun place to send your sims. :lol: Especially since townies never watch the movies, so it's a little silly when my family of 3 are alone in a theater. :lol:
  • Options
    Those are awesome. :) They'd probably go well with certain fics...as a scholarly preface. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @AlexaKry No-one is saying that those that don't give feedback are not welcome here. @TinySpaceFox rarely posts anything of her own but comments on much. She was saying that she doesn't want to give feedback to those who don't give back and that is a valid standpoint. She's a busy uni student and there's only so much of her to go around.

There are many reasons why people don't leave feedback - English as a second language or ill health are good examples and I try to be understanding in those cases. I leave a lot of feedback for those who give nothing in return. My biggest gripe is when people who don't leave feedback start threatening to quit their stories, building or sim making, because "no-one is interested". As I have always said to simmers who start threads asking for people to read their stories when I can see from their posting history that they never leave anything for other story writers, that the best way to get people to take an interest in what you are doing is to take interest in what others are doing.
  • Options
    I loaded my makeover save to set Josh and Zumi up as a household and, when it loaded, I found Zumi looking wistfully at Josh :D
    47151130581_e30f51b5f5_o.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi
    My biggest gripe is when people who don't leave feedback start threatening to quit their stories, building or sim making, because "no-one is interested"

I don't understand that at all.
    I quit my stories when I get bored with them. :D
    I have 5 saves that are sitting in limbo lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Poor Phil. :D:mrgreen:
    TAD.jpg
    Probably wishes that he was USNR so that he could just tell Animal that, "Hey...Vice...FUBIJAR!" Telling a three-star that is probably not a good idea.
    "Sir, I want a transfer to VFA-204...when this TAD is over..." :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @GraceyManor I don't understand it either. I sim for me not for others but, I guess, some people need an audience (or validation) ;)
  • Options
    Paul got Nial up and ready for his last morning as a toddler :)
    32186871847_431da3139f_o.jpg
    The table looks empty without Jaxon :(
    46405371374_c4dd9bfab8_o.jpg
    Jason's waking wish was to grow a perfect plant so I had him plant a cheese plant before helping Josh with the gardening.
    32186871337_9eb22a9e8e_o.jpg
    Jay rolled a wish to prepare waffles after eating them for breakfast :)
    46405370574_a359c164ed_o.jpg
    Ian's waking wish was to attack Nial with the Claw. He also had a wish to go for a stroll :)
    32186870847_2fea87e37b_o.jpg
    Paul's waking wish was to catch a record sized fish. Pia and Jay's waking wish was to fish. Jay got his wish after making waffles. Ian got his stroll :)
    46405369914_434f99a224_o.jpg
    Paul got his stroll when Ian returned and Jay got his waking wish :)
    32186870207_67bd80f185_o.jpg
    The family gathered around for Nial's birthday :)
    46405369134_d1e5d41cc9_o.jpg
    32186869247_c2f8d5c469_o.jpg
    46405368444_8aff8bd2c9_o.jpg
    46405367904_04bc769eab_o.jpg
    32186867947_bfc334d12c_o.jpg
    Much better after a quick CAS session :)
    32186867427_b4aa9cd757_o.jpg
    He's a beautiful child <3
    46405366644_99e2f30f84_o.jpg
    The brothers got to know each other better :)
    46405366114_c606474cc3_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3296

@Shadow_Assassin Nice makeover for Yutang :)

@lisasc360 Lovely snowy scene in Riverview but I hope Summer arrives soon for your sims :)
    Scout is a good dog!
    Cute pics of Donny playing with Nathan :)
    I would definitely not be going to the mailbox with zombies around! :o:D

@MoonandStars83 Lovely hair you chose for Astrid!

@GraceyManor Sorry you had to restart the honeymoon because of a crash :(
    A cruise sounds like a lovely honeymoon! :)
    Beautiful sunset shot!

@coco I hope you are enjoying your book reading :) I love reading but as I get older and my eyesight gets weaker I limit it to when I am traveling on the bus or train. I still manage to get through a lot of books because I head out most days just to get out of the house.
    I am sure netball will become less tiring as you get back into it. You're very good to keep active - I have never been a sporty person :D
  • Options
    @Mikezumi : so I don´t understand the need to post that you don´t give feedback to people who don´t care for others? Ignore them. Nothing easier then that!
    And I can remember that this same topic appeared before ceveral times! And that the only ones who apologized for not giving feedback were the ones who give the most feedback? So tell me, please, what´s the use of adressing the problem just by using hints? It´s just stirring up, in my opinion.
    I clearly understand that it is annoying to you that people use this thread just for their own interest and to promote whatever they want to promote and that they play their victims-card if no-one reacts to them, I really do.
    But if you ignore them they will disappear again.
    And yes, being (or trying to be) friendly helps a lot!
    Non the less I have to say that it is hard to get attention from forums members, especially here in the "what happened" thread. I was lurking for years before I even tried to post something at the forum. And it wasn´t here in the most active thread, because this thread seemed to me like a closed society. Because of such posts from @TinySpaceFox or you. Do you really think you feel welcome at this thread when you read that it would be better to give feedback, especially to certain posters, and you know that you wouldn´t be able to write as fast and as flawless as you would like to?
    And then there is my experience that I gave some help to some of you here (some were asking for a certain CC, others had problems with mods or worlds) and just because I had 10 or 15 posts nobody thanked me, in contrary, I was ignored, and when some older poster came round the corner with the same solution I offered before, he/she was thanked with nice words. So, how would you feel then?
    And what would you think if this posters write that they are angry that not everybody they gave feedback to gave feedback to them? What irony, hm?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top