Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something is about to happen!

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    THE EYES, THE ARMY OUTFITS...THERE IS NO CORRELATION SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS AAAAAA

Definitely not aliens since we already have that and witches just doesn't fit the 'theme'.

Area 51!!!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    NyaIeroWay wrote: »
    Watch them give us something we haven't even asked for lol

wait, you're telling me you didn't request freaky facial expressions and walking animations? :D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Ok. I knew not to get my hopes up but I never imagined this theme. I feel so out of touch with the sims team. Fan are literally begging for occults, university and beaches and now this. Are they actively trying to get rid of fan's from previous sims iterations?

I'll try to look at this positively. I don't think I 'll be tempted to buy an army pack. I' ll wait for more info tomorrow before my final decision but I don't expect to see much in an army pack I would like to spend real money on.

Many players have requested a return of the Military career. Players have also asked for new concepts instead of the old standbys. There must be some sort of twist that combines the two features. Maybe a military experiment that went wrong and created a zombie-like apocalypse. :o

It's not zombies. Lyndsay already said so.
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

wait, you're telling me you didn't request freaky facial expressions and walking animations? :D

I didn't see what they put out until now,,, i mean lol
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sims 4: Ministry of Silly Walks. Or it could be a new walkstyle, or trait.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Bout time. Something new finally.

Actually a lot of us did ask for that come to think about it.

Like people will list a bunch of things we are familiar with - then add - "Or something new we haven't had before." So yeah - something we've never asked for before gets asked for quite often if you think about it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Like people will list a bunch of things we are familiar with - then add - "Or something new we haven't had before." So yeah - something we've never asked for before gets asked for quite often if you think about it.

i'm talking about things some of us haven't even been interested in paying for, such as my first pet stuff as an example. Like I said, I didn't see what they put out until I clicked out of this discussion and into another.
    [/center]
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't want to taste the 'fruit of the mother' that's just... ew.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

i'm talking about things some of us haven't even been interested in paying for, such as my first pet stuff as an example. Like I said, I didn't see what they put out until I clicked out of this discussion and into another.

But lots of people did ask for small pets - maybe you didn't but I saw plenty asking for rats and gerbils, and other pets too. You were not the only person asking. You have to keep that in mind that often other people like things not all of us like and want things in their sims games not everyone does. I often see things asked for I am not all that fond of. It does not mean no one asked for it because you didn't.

I actually would love Witches, University, and an Ocean liner vacation and Honeymoon pack but just because I like those things does not mean we are sure to get any of them. I just get to choose from the things we do get made.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It's not an info tweet, but I thought the graphics were cool, and it encapsulates the theme of the discussion.

But lots of people did ask for small pets - maybe you didn't but I saw plenty asking for rats and gerbils, and other pets too. You were not the only person asking. You have to keep that in mind that often other people like things not all of us like and want things in their sims games not everyone does. I often see things asked for I am not all that fond of. It does not mean no one asked for it because you didn't.

I actually would love Witches, University, and an Ocean liner vacation and Honeymoon pack but just because I like those things does not mean we are sure to get any of them. I just get to choose from the things we do get made.

no no, yes i know small pets are great. I'm bad at explaining things through text, but I meant that they didn't include it into cats and dogs. They should've just did that, and called it pets or another name. I mean look at sims 3, we got horses, etc next to cats and dogs. My first pet stuff was another $10, (i think thats how much a stuff pack is) for something that should've been included.
    [/center]
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Definitely. I like the new twist on things. It can be more refreshing than the same 'ol, same 'ol. Look at how Vampires came out. I like the unpredictability and surprises. Some people don't think outside the box and keep expecting exact replicas of previous packs but honestly, it can get stale when nothing ever changes. The world changes so the content changes, or else it would become outdated.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the classic content and some themes are kind of necessary to repeat, but I also look forward to things we've never had before.
    #Team Occult

no no, yes i know small pets are great. I'm bad at explaining things through text, but I meant that they didn't include it into cats and dogs. They should've just did that, and called it pets or another name. I mean look at sims 3, we got horses, etc next to cats and dogs. My first pet stuff was another $10, (i think thats how much a stuff pack is) for something that should've been included.

That is something you need to take up with marketing though - not the devs. Marketing decides that kind of thing. Plus pets in Sims 3 were sims - they are not sims in Sims 4. Small pets were not sims or pets in Sims 3 they were the same thing as bugs and other collectables but in sims 4 they are small pet objects and not findable collectables. So they vary and their value varies and only marketing can decide where they go. How much work they require matters a lot. They were not just more pets added but pet made from scratch in sims 4 but in sims 3 they just changed some collectables to more types of collectables with a touch of programming.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member

I'm gonna take a jump here and guess that an SP that requires an EP to be fully used (making it a $50 experience) with 4 small pets locked in containers was not what was in mind when asking for more minor pets ala TS3.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I think witches, perhaps more evil or mischievous because it's all written in runes and they do appear like they've been under a spell, I hope it's witches
    LiELF wrote: »

Definitely. I like the new twist on things. It can be more refreshing than the same 'ol, same 'ol. Look at how Vampires came out. I like the unpredictability and surprises. Some people don't think outside the box and keep expecting exact replicas of previous packs but honestly, it can get stale when nothing ever changes. The world changes so the content changes, or else it would become outdated.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the classic content and some themes are kind of necessary to repeat, but I also look forward to things we've never had before.

I agree. I wasn't sure what to think at first, when the first GIF was posted, but now as the day has gone on I am excited to see what tomorrow's announcement is because this already seems like a breath of fresh air.
    Archieonic wrote: »

I'm gonna take a jump here and guess that an SP that requires an EP to be fully used (making it a $50 experience) with 4 small pets locked in containers was not what was in mind when asking for more minor pets ala TS3.

It took very little work in Sims 3 as the collectables already existed in Sims 3- they just added more types in place of bugs, minerals, etc and allowed those to be placed in a cage or let go or sold. There was very little time investment in the ones in Sims 3 - where as it was made from scratch in Sims 4, the pets and everything involved with them.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited February 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »

It took very little work in Sims 3 as the collectables already existed in Sims 3- they just added more types in place of bugs, minerals, etc and allowed those to be placed in a cage or let go or sold. There was very little time investment in the ones in Sims 3 - where as it was made from scratch in Sims 4, the pets and everything involved with them.

You guys are derailing this thread. It's supposed to be about the new DLC, not a rehash of the MFPS wars.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I am really hoping that whatever it is it also means aliens getting an overhaul to vampire standards at least. It's just seems alien related.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    simm621 wrote: »
    I am really hoping that whatever it is it also means aliens getting an overhaul to vampire standards at least. It's just seems alien related.

I agree, and aliens do need some love. I don't think many take their sims to Sixam anymore, and so they really don't have a solid purpose in the game outside of turning up at the science lab, or a very occasional abduction. This whole thing has an old timey Twilight Zone, Area 51 feel to it. I am so excited to see what they reveal tomorrow.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2019
    Ehh, I'd rather have witches than zombies. But occults are always welcome, and apocalypses are always cool. If this is what we're getting, see a lot of story potential for players.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Now that I saw the crater part I am confused and not thinking witches anymore, but the runes sure pointed that way, but maybe the runes can have something to do with post apocalyptic too?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

I do think its about time we have something never done before! We have plenty of time left for the requested occults, uni, and tropical vacation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top