Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets Talk About The Upcoming Sims 4 Announcement Teaser

Comments

• SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2019
    I just wonder what there thoughts about this is in terms of witches and supernatural.. Will it be:

2019 the year of supernatural stuff, First mindcontrolling military, and revamped aliens -goofy pack. Then Witches GPin late summer (august?) and then Univercity for realism at the end of the year.

Or

2019. 1 Goofy pack for supernatural players. They said they wanted Witches next but we know better. They will be pleased by every supernatural stuff we give them and they can have their witches in 2021 since they surley will be satisfied with our stuff for another 2 years. atleast they get them before sims5.

You get my cynical idea.
    Tbh as much as im upset about prob not getting witches I prob will still love this next pack. we dont know what comes next and I can just express my uninformed feelings here but this really doesent seem to be witches. Rightnow my heart is exited for whats to come but also angry about not getting witches. My mind of course says wait until tomorrow.
    I hope we still get witches this year and it really will be a year for supernatural things. I prefer fantasy content to be divided up better but I crave witches so hard that I dont even care about getting more occult stuff at the near future spammed at us. would be bad for „realism only players“ tho. Just doesent seem pleasing for large groups of simmers, but mostly for people like me who want witches. They seem so far away but only future will tell

Afterall I think I will brag about the pack not beeing witches when it comes out , playing and enjoying it + celebrating it with simmers all at the same time. Im prob just frustrated right now, mess. Mixed feelings but exited after all.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »
    Strangetown as a new world +far more fleshed out alien content as a main feature.
    Everything so far seems to imply sims being brainwashed or hypnotized by cults that worship aliens akin to lovecraftian stories, but in a comical Sims way. Add to that the "strange" alien letters they are writing the tweets as...

@SimsBro At first I thought it would be Witches related, but there's way more of an alien/sci-fi overtone to it all once you read all the new tweets.

My dream is to see old neighborhoods/worlds returning in newer Sims games... I need the Grunts, the Smiths... What happened to them?! I would love to play with their future generations on Sims 4.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Strangetown, active military career, cults and/or alien revamp.

Yup it's strange town because they also said something about Bella Goth she disappeared in Sims 2 and another Bella Goth was in strange town.

@Briana2425 If it wasn't for Dirk and Dustin in DelSol Valley, or the Landgraabs still young, i would say that they could fit Sims 4 between Sims 1/2, before Bella disappeared
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    So if I follow what people are saying we are going to have a GP about military, zombies, strangetown and witches. Doesn't it sound a bit crazy?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I think it will be more about Strangetown and Aliens, Jordan.
    With a military theme as well as they have a base there to investigate the so called "strange" happenings around town, and of course, reports of alien activity and sightings.
    So if I follow what people are saying we are going to have a GP about military, zombies, strangetown and witches. Doesn't it sound a bit crazy?

probably not witches, but aliens, better aliens or something like that.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Strangetown as a new world +far more fleshed out alien content as a main feature.
    Everything so far seems to imply sims being brainwashed or hypnotized by cults that worship aliens akin to lovecraftian stories, but in a comical Sims way. Add to that the "strange" alien letters they are writing the tweets as...

@SimsBro At first I thought it would be Witches related, but there's way more of an alien/sci-fi overtone to it all once you read all the new tweets.

My dream is to see old neighborhoods/worlds returning in newer Sims games... I need the Grunts, the Smiths... What happened to them?! I would love to play with their future generations on Sims 4.

Problem is that they totally plummed up the timeline with The Sims 4.

Sims 3 came first (Bella toddler), then Sims 1 (Bella adult) and then Sims 2 (Bella abducted and Mortimer is an elder).

One example: Nancy Landgraab was an Adult in Sims 3 and Bella Goth a toddler. Now they're both Young Adults

At least give us an explanation like time travel or something.
    a256aFi.gif
    Bella means beauty in latin languages, she was abducted and all... aaaa the hints are so Strangetown...
    In the name of Pascal, Lazlo and Vidcund, may the SimGod bless us with the return of Strangetown.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member

Afterall I think I will brag about the pack not beeing witches when it comes out , playing and enjoying it + celebrating it with simmers all at the same time. Im prob just frustrated right now, mess. Mixed feelings but exited after all.
    This is exactly how I feel... just not so excited. Let's hope to see witches this year after all...
    edited February 2019

Sims 3 came first (Bella toddler), then Sims 1 (Bella adult) and then Sims 2 (Bella abducted and Mortimer is an elder).

One example: Nancy Landgraab was an Adult in Sims 3 and Bella Goth a toddler. Now they're both Young Adults

I now understand the proble around the Caliente family and Katrinas old name, and i accept her... Maybe Nancy Landgraab stole the Youth Potion that Mortimer Goth helped to develop between Sims 1/2 and he decided that being a cientist could be really dangerous or something.
    They only thing i can't explain is Holly Alto, Dustin and Dirk in Del Sol Valley. Maybe Holly is granddaughter or daughter of the Sunset Valley Holly (she would be an elder between sims 1/2).

@FreezerBunnyCowplant but... Sims 4 just messed up Sunset Valley/Riverview/Pleasantview/Bluewater Village. There is nothing holding the developers to properly recreaate Strangetown or something
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »
    ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ҜŇØŴŞ ΔŁŁ ĐØ ŇØŦ Ř€ŞIŞŦ Ħ€Ř

Is the mother a witch? I only accept witches as my new overlords.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I thought it was confirmed that the Sims 4 is an alternate timeline?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

@AquaGamer1212 yes, its confirmed that Sims 4 is an alternate timeline, but i will never be able to fully accept that... hahaha i hope Sims 5 returns to that, but at least Sims 4 brought us sims like Bob Pancakes!

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 yes, its confirmed that Sims 4 is an alternate timeline, but i will never be able to fully accept that... hahaha i hope Sims 5 returns to that, but at least Sims 4 brought us sims like Bob Pancakes!

Did you watch the Bella Machinima? If not you should it’s amazing!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member

whats the most beautiful thing about the mother?besides her beeing in the clouds, flashy/fleshy eyes and her red dress?

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    To all those who think it's Strangetown - why? What would be the point of giving us Desert Oasis 2.0? They're basically the same neighborhood, so I don't think it's different enough to warrant a whole new town.
    Plus, most of the screenshots show what looks to be a rocky red, canyon style region, which isn't similar to any Sims town I can think of. There's also what appears to be downed military airplanes, military trucks, and an RV in the background of Guru Kate's twitter pics. I wouldn't think this is Strangetown at all, especially considering that aliens weren't in the base game, and instead added with Get to Work.

@Simpkin The weirdest part of everything is the "ØUŘ €¥€Ş ΔŘ€ ØƤ€Ň" that Kate uses in her Twitter, which comes across a little runic to me, and the phrase invokes a lot of childhood magic stories where you have to open yourself up to believing in magic and the supernatural. Plus, the really creepy smile faces are not natural, and could be indicative of being under a spell. I don't see how this announcement could imply University though, there's nothing really present to lead me to see that.
    edited February 2019

Abandoned house? Does that mean it is an Apocalypse pack?
    a256aFi.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    What I want above everything else is witches, but I've also been asking for military-related content for a long time, filling my mods folder with camo pants, gun accessories and similar CC, so what I'm seeing here definitely gives me happy moodlets! If nothing else, it looks like we'll at least get military-style clothes, and... perhaps even a new desert-themed world? I mean, it could just be Oasis Springs or a hidden lot somewhere else, but... I'll wait and see. :)

Abandoned house? Does that mean it is an Apocalypse pack?

Yuck! That doesn't sound fun at all! I hope not, but it probably is. :(
    This pretty much confirms that this pack is NOT about aliens

a256aFi.gif
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't know what it is, but I can say that I'm scared by it.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

So it's not aliens, and I doubt it's witches. Never played sims 2 so I don't know what Strangetown had, but from the comments it seems like this might be Sims' 4 take on that concept. Quite excited to find out more actually, but the smiles are quite terrifying. (Personally I think it might be something apocalypse/epidemic related).
    rinre33 wrote: »

So it's not aliens, and I doubt it's witches. Never played sims 2 so I don't know what Strangetown had, but from the comments it seems like this might be Sims' 4 take on that concept. Quite excited to find out more actually, but the smiles are quite terrifying. (Personally I think it might be something apocalypse/epidemic related).

Sims 2 Strangetown had aliens and ghosts. Both of which we already have.

Apocalypse doesn't sound fun to me at all.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member

I have summoned thee!! If it’s the Mister E!!
    Oh hamburgers!