Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military Career/Strangetown? StrangerVille

Comments

• VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Well, I'm pretty sure it's something occult related, but I'm not sure how I feel if it turns out to be something other than witches. I don't mind waiting, but witches have always been my favorite occult life state. That said, I'm a little excited, if only because it seems like they're hinting at Strangetown. Though in that case, I feel like they must be adjusting aliens or something, which I'm not totally against.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    SimGuruGeorge changed his profile pic to a hypnotized vampire https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge
    He's basically screaming "the new pack has new occult content"
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    They all seem like they have been hit with the Joker's toxin.

Maybe a superhero pack focusing on a Batman-type character then. Would be easier to program than a flying Sim (Superman), and there'd be a bunch of cool gadgets. Maybe the villan strikes the local military first.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    esfire wrote: »
    At this point I think it have nothing to do with witches, and honestly I'm not excited.

I think this is the witch pack.

really? what makes you think so? to me it seems like something apocalypse themed and i def would want it to be witches

I think it's more likely to be an alien update than witches. The main storyline of Strangetown is that Bella Goth has been abducted by aliens.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Strangetown

I don't think that after the MFP fiasco they will give us another DLC update for DLC (GTW aliens). And hyptnotized zombie soldiers in front of crashed airplanes would be a very very odd way to announce a military career as the main content of a new pack.

They could add aliens in this pack too, just like Vampires were in Sims 3: Late Night and Supernatural simultaneously.
    That way Aliens could get some extra features. Compared to vampires they are really lacking!
    a256aFi.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    I've got nothing in mind, just I wait for tomorrow.

No need to be excited before sleeping.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    It seems they are going with the return of Strangetown as a new world, and more fleshed out alien content for this update.
    I can't be the only one getting lovecraftian vibes from this if only in the classic silly Sims style, right?
    I mean, a world that's known for alien themes back in Sims 2 and now cryptic tweets that seem to imply brainwashing cults that most likely worship/are enthralled by entities from beyond the stars? And the weird rune style of letters as well.
    Basically Strangetown + more alien content.

While I would have preferred Witches, it's still going to come eventually.
    This really doesn't give me a Witches/Magic vibe, more of sci-fi alien themes.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    This might be something related to plant sims, which would really disappoint me as I prefer fairies/witches. But the use of the word arboreal makes it sound plant related and they keep mentioning eating a fruit. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow because they like making us wait arbitrarily. This had better be good gurus, you make us wait so you can have us wait some more.

Since PlantSims were added in a patch/challenge, and a lot of people want to see them beefed up a bit, maybe they'll be a factor. And with the looks on the Sims' faces maybe there's a real Sim Plants vs. Zombies. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    What if instead of aliens it's like a "Stranger Things" tribute with a military type base of scientists experimenting on Sims and giving them supernatural abilities?

What's Stranger Things?
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    This is definitely a new world right here!
    S5BkzrTE_400x400.jpg

That def. looks like a trailer in the back. Maybe a new world?

Sounds like a new cult pack lololol
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    esfire wrote: »
    At this point I think it have nothing to do with witches, and honestly I'm not excited.

I think this is the witch pack.

really? what makes you think so? to me it seems like something apocalypse themed and i def would want it to be witches

I think it's more likely to be an alien update than witches. The main storyline of Strangetown is that Bella Goth has been abducted by aliens.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Strangetown

I don't think that after the MFP fiasco they will give us another DLC update for DLC (GTW aliens). And hyptnotized zombie soldiers in front of crashed airplanes would be a very very odd way to announce a military career as the main content of a new pack.

They could add aliens in this pack too, just like Vampires were in Sims 3: Late Night and Supernatural simultaneously.
    That way Aliens could get some extra features. Compared to vampires they are really lacking!

Possible, but I don't see many additional features for aliens that people would buy. Mad scientists in the desert, an alien world, spaceships ... we have all this.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Strangetown makes sense with the addition of previous Sims families being uploaded to the Gallery and it ties in with the Birthday celebrations.

I must say... this could be a potential game changer.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    What if instead of aliens it's like a "Stranger Things" tribute with a military type base of scientists experimenting on Sims and giving them supernatural abilities?

What's Stranger Things?

It's a television show on Netflix.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Holiday wrote: »
    Strangetown makes sense with the addition of previous Sims families being uploaded to the Gallery and it ties in with the Birthday celebrations.

Don't really see it being a game changer.

Honestly I'm looking forward to the career and the world but none of this screams game changer. I'll keep my personality and emotional mods in my game folder very tight until something changes in that department. But I am exited about this new content.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

What's Stranger Things?

Oh. I hope it isn't that then. I don't want any more real-life things in my games.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think it’s something to do with Bella, Strangetown type world and some kind of magic.

Strangetown was never magic themed though. Was full of sci-fi references.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I’m pumped, it seems like something strange and maybe a bit dark, the sims 4 has been missing that so it’d be awesome to see!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

What's Stranger Things?

Oh. I hope it isn't that then. I don't want any more real-life things in my games.

There's nothing 'real-life' about Stranger Things :D I wouldn't mind all that eye-wateringly colourful Eighties fashion though... :p
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe it's a pack collaboration with Bird Box, your Sim has to put on a blindfold when going outside, scavenge abandoned houses for food and must protect themselves from crazy hypnotized attackers that want to pull off their blindfolds
    a256aFi.gif
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »

Don't really see it being a game changer.

Honestly I'm looking forward to the career and the world but none of this screams game changer. I'll keep my personality and emotional mods in my game folder very tight until something changes in that department. But I am exited about this new content.

Well that's your personal opinion I guess, but for me, this will take me back 15 years and revisit my childhood and one of my all time favourite generations of The Sims. So yes, this will definitely be a game changer for me as it'll probably get me interested in The Sims 4 again.

What's Stranger Things?

There's nothing 'real-life' about Stranger Things :D I wouldn't mind all that eye-wateringly colourful Eighties fashion though... :p

I mean anything based on shows that already exist. The Star Wars costumes are annoying enough. I don't want any real TV shows/movies infecting my game.
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'd say it looks like a cult GP but that would be way too controversial for The Sims. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mean the opportunity to make my own weird religion, though. I would be happy to see the return of Strangetown if that's what it is.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

What's Stranger Things?

I mean anything based on shows that already exist. The Star Wars costumes are annoying enough. I don't want any real TV shows/movies infecting my game.

Ah, I see what you mean. Well, they've already inflicted Millie Bobby Brown on us (an actor from that show) so never say never...
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    It does surprise me they would opt for more alien themed content as Occult Sims, instead of more popular ones like Witches, Werewolves, Mermaids.

But I suppose it helps a lot that aliens are already in game and could use more in depth content akin to how Vampires in 4 are when compared to the other games.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member

What's Stranger Things?

Well in my original quote I was referring more to the concept of the show being used, not direct content from it being placed in the game.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Seems like there won't be any snow in the new world.
    Lu4ERme.gif