Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get the next stuff pack?

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we haven't gotten a new stuff pack since 'My First Pet' (which was released nearly an entire year ago). This is probably the longest gap between stuff packs we've seen in the franchise's history... what's happening? lol Is the stuff pack team okay?

Don't get me wrong, I personally think 'My First Pet' was a disaster... it should've never happened. However, I'm still a bit disappointed we haven't gotten another one since then. Do you think we're even getting more? Or do you think The Sims 4 is finished with them?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope it's the end of them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    i would really really like for them to create a couple of new world stuff packs. No extra game play features just a new world to use and explore and a modest amount of build/buy objects and CAS items to reflect the theme / culture of said world. I'd be more than happy to buy a couple of these packs to just provide a little variation in my game.

For whatever reason it seems the EA / MAXIS have decided that EPs and GPs are more profitable for them than SPs, atleast in the form that they had been taking. Maybe sales for my first pet stuff were so bad, because of it's nature.... that it glavanised their thoughts that they were better off focussing their resources elsewhere? Its a shame because the right kind of stuff pack, like the laundry day pack, are useful and fun additions to the game. Perhaps they should create a new fan pack? that would be awesome!
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Was just thinking this myself. I would like anything right now.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't bought any of the stuff packs. I would buy something historical like medieval or Ancient Rome, or a stuff pack for our much-neglected elders, but otherwise I won't bother.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Stuff packs are cool and all but I really want more game play

My sessions feel shorter and shorter each time I play this game lately
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I could see them releasing one in the next 2 months.
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > I haven't bought any of the stuff packs. I would buy something historical like medieval or Ancient Rome, or a stuff pack for our much-neglected elders, but otherwise I won't bother.

I would kill for a medieval stuff pack tbh.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Never? I think stuff packs are dead. If they release one, they know they have to make it amazing or people will tear it to shreds.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2019
    We might not be getting any more, it would be nice if they would confirm whether or not they are done with stuff packs.

I don't want any more paid content that is an expansion for other paid content though, I still think much of (maybe even all of) My First Pet Stuff was created for Cats and Dogs and then held back as a cash grab. All future packs should have their own unique identity.

Laundry Day is a very popular pack, maybe they should go down the route of creating a pack with the community again. Even if collaborating with the community makes little difference to sales it creates a feeling of good will and would be good for customer relations post My First Pet Stuff.
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    We might not be getting any more stuff packs only because they probably want to make more Expansion and Game Packs. We have a total of 14 SPs, but only 7 EPs and 8 GPs. My guess is once we're caught up in EP and GP, they might make more SPs.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I personally would love to see another community vote stuff pack. Not only was the process engaging and fun, but I really like the end product. I doubt that will ever happen though
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I quite like Stuff Packs, but we also get stuff in GP and EP. And there's so much CC.

I think they only release Stuff Packs when there's a lull, although we may get one themed around Strangerville now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hopefully never again for the sims 4
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

i would really really like for them to create a couple of new world stuff packs. No extra game play features just a new world to use and explore and a modest amount of build/buy objects and CAS items to reflect the theme / culture of said world. I'd be more than happy to buy a couple of these packs to just provide a little variation in my game.

For whatever reason it seems the EA / MAXIS have decided that EPs and GPs are more profitable for them than SPs, atleast in the form that they had been taking. Maybe sales for my first pet stuff were so bad, because of it's nature.... that it glavanised their thoughts that they were better off focussing their resources elsewhere? Its a shame because the right kind of stuff pack, like the laundry day pack, are useful and fun additions to the game. Perhaps they should create a new fan pack? that would be awesome!

worlds in a stuff pack, very unlikely

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I've never been so happy without them. Packs seem better without them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2019
    I've never been so happy without them. Packs seem better without them.

to be honest I haven't noticed any difference in expansion packs and game packs with the stuff pack absence.

if anything both are getting smaller as ever regardless,