Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail Store Ideas!

Let’s make a list of ideas/unique ideas of retail stores, my next gen should hopefully be opening up a store and need some ideas :smiley:

so far I have either :

a nerd/geek store - sell voidcritters, mysim trophies (which could act as sim pop figures), comic books etc..

a car dealership - using the size up tool of toy cars? or if somebody knows a better way for this let me know!

Let me know more of you ideas in the comments :)

Comments

• SimlishCitySimlishCity Posts: 11 New Member
    Those are great ideas, especially the one involving the Voidcritters and MySim trophies!

I can only think of things like a beauty fragrance store, as there are a lot of perfumes/aftershaves/beauty stuff in the decoration section, or
    something like a toy store. :)
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    I quite like the fragerence store idea! I’ve never thought to use decorative items to act as actual goods!
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    One of my sims has a weapons & armor store where she sells the suits of armor and CC decorative swords & shields etc
  • HeyimdawnyHeyimdawny Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="shanls96;d-951095"]Let’s make a list of ideas/unique ideas of retail stores, my next gen should hopefully be opening up a store and need some ideas :smiley:

so far I have either :

a nerd/geek store - sell voidcritters, mysim trophies (which could act as sim pop figures), comic books etc..

a car dealership - using the size up tool of toy cars? or if somebody knows a better way for this let me know!

Let me know more of you ideas in the comments :)[/quote]

I love the idea of selling things by maximizing our skills.

Flower shop - maybe you can sell flowers that you've decorated? - different kind of flowers with different vases

Craft store selling wooden crafts - things you crafted using the wooden table

Bookstore - selling books you've written

Produce store - selling produces you grew on your own; avocados, lemons, plaintain etc

Take outs - selling varities of food you've cooked; homecook/gourmet
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2019
    Pharmacy/drugstore selling potions made in Mixology, Herbalism, Serums, herbs, etc.

Pet shop/store selling pet objects, clutter, toys and treats

Maternity store selling maternity outfits (you can make mannequins look preggers), baby/toddler furniture, toys and decór

Clothes store (either general or specific like formalwear), you could add a stylist block/chair and makeover townies too.

Fishmonger
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    A wellness/spa store. Selling some of the decorative items that came with Spa Day.

Toy store.

Small appliances, kitchen decor, decorative spices, cookbooks.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I want to do a Selvadoradan Supplies store, so Sims can stock up on stuff they need for the trip. Last couple of times I've traveled to Selvadorada the market sellers didn't have any machetes which limited my Sim's jungle adventures, so a store that carries machetes, Waterfall in a Bottle, Spider Repellent and such would be good. I also have one of mcrudd's rooms that has all the Herbalism potions, so I could add those as well especially the ones that really help with adventuring like the Insect Repellent Lotion and the Deodorizing Cream. I just need to find a good spot for it; I want it in the regular world not in Selvadorada. (If I take out one of the Windenburg bars it could go there.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't run stores but I like stores that sell things that I might not want to go through the trouble of collecting or keeping on hand later.

Crystal/metal store. Has every type. If it's new-agey or themed it's a bonus.

Herbalism store. All things herbalism. Potions and salves. One of each insect type. A greenhouse off to the side with herbalism plants and related plants needed. Sometimes for some reason buying individual plants doesn't seem to work for me so...

Ambrosia cafe. Might have other items also... Sometimes you want to bring a ghost to life and don't want to get all that stuff together.

Science type store that might sell those potions from GTW but definitely has Xenopetrium. Plants from Sixam and crystals are a plus.
    egTcBMc.png
  • kikamoonskikamoons Posts: 78 Member
    I just made a fancy art gallery type of store where they sell masterpiece paintings :)
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    A small grocery store. you can stock it with items from buydebug or have your sim make breads, fish, ice cream, etc themselves.
    You could also take several of these ideas and make a shopping plaza if you have a lot with enough room.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I want to do a Selvadoradan Supplies store, so Sims can stock up on stuff they need for the trip. Last couple of times I've traveled to Selvadorada the market sellers didn't have any machetes which limited my Sim's jungle adventures, so a store that carries machetes, Waterfall in a Bottle, Spider Repellent and such would be good. I also have one of mcrudd's rooms that has all the Herbalism potions, so I could add those as well especially the ones that really help with adventuring like the Insect Repellent Lotion and the Deodorizing Cream. I just need to find a good spot for it; I want it in the regular world not in Selvadorada. (If I take out one of the Windenburg bars it could go there.)

I actually made a selvadoradian gift shop. It's on the gallery but I haven't put it my save yet because I can't put it in selvadorada and I don't know where else to put it. I was thinking oasis springs but idk yet.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • GuiboulouGuiboulou Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm currently working on a witchcraft-themed boutique. I made a nice witch (well, as much of a witch as one can make in TS4 without mods or CC) and she's about to open a small store in which she will sell crystals, herbs, occult books and all sorts of potion-like beverages.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Toy store, Book store, Bridal Store just for Bridal gowns I have one of them in my game. Costume store, Store that sell Home Goods like pots and pans things you would put on a Bridal register. Mens Store only selling mens items clothing etc. Art Supply store selling art supplies. Antique Shop, store selling only antique items and furniture.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited February 2019
    Would it be possible to combine a retail store with the (City Living) street sales tables? I would like a specific lot where my sims can go to sell their small scale stuff, say they go there only one day every week. I tried on a few community lots, but visiting NPCs never payed interest to their selling table, as the lot category seems to override it. Didn't try on a retail lot, though.

Back on topic: in the past my sim had a store selling time capsules only. It was like selling surprise gifts, in a way.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Ooh, I love the idea of a Selvadoran Supplies store. Or any store for buying things you cannot get from normal buy mode.

I am currently on the lookout for interesting community lots as I am re doing my worlds.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am currently having my sim ( not a playable game she is just making all these things for me) fix up a florist shop with all crafted flower arrangements that are scented with bluebell for timeless, writing a bunch of comic books( playful books) for the comic book shop, write a few regular books for the bookstore, and write some music using different instruments and I will save the finished copies without publishing them in hopes of adding them to maybe a case ( to look important and hopefully locked ) in the music store in my game ( so they can have music sheets from musicians in game just not for sale only as show)
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Ooh, I love the idea of a Selvadoran Supplies store. Or any store for buying things you cannot get from normal buy mode.
    >
    > I am currently on the lookout for interesting community lots as I am re doing my worlds.

my jungle explorer sim Maya Jaguar and her housemate Anita have set up an Explorers Emporium which combines a Selvadoradian Museum and Gift Store with Barista Bar, together with a Private workspace Basement that holds their exploration office, archaeological work room, scientific research labs, herbal cookery area and insect collection and a vault to hold their finest treasures, and they also have a small garden growing foreign plants (Selvadorada and Granite falls) and an observatory, and finally a flat for them to live in on the top floor.

It is quite a large lot, and i've placed it in Oasis Springs which seems the natural location for such a building... but im finding it a bit slow to run on my laptop so maybe i need to split the shop and museum space out from the rest of it. But what i like most is that my 2 explorers go out and explore... collect treasures and insects and plant cuttings/fruits, buy up supplies from the markets and then come home and uncover their artifacts, authenticate them, uncover the fossils, brew herbal remedies from them, research the the plants, breed frogs, send off chrystals and rocks to the geocouncil, refine them etc etc and then stock their personal collections. Whatever is left over and is duplications is what stocks the gift shop alongside fruits from the plants, the supplies purchased at the markets and the home brewed herbal remedies. Its their living!

I too am doing over my worlds and wanting to set up a game save and am looking for interesting community lots. It would be really nice to set up a thread for people to share their more unusual uses for community lots, retail spaces, themes for bars/nightclubs/lounges etc that are useful and fun additions to the world beyond your basic cookie cutter pub, library, museum. Things like someone said they made a swimming pool in to a water play park for kids and toddlers and also assigned it to be a teen hangout so it was a great place for their teenage sims to visit to make new friends. Im searching for those kinds of ideas really, but maybe i just need to start a thread asking people for their input?!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited February 2019
    That's an excellent idea @annalephant - I remember back in TS3 days we had a thread for each of the worlds and people would come along and add Lot pics and details of their download all in one place.

Have you uploaded your Explorers Emporium to the gallery?

I do have an excellent camping store though, made by drutrubuilder called The Outdoor Pro Shop. I could just update that for the jungle items. If you haven't already, you should check this creator out on the gallery - totally awesome builds!
  • DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    I have made a bakery home if you are interested. I have it on my gallery (NEKO720).
    Little words so you know what is it : Its basecly a home with a bakery work. You have your home and your work at one place.
    I have a video on my channel as how is made too.
    Heres the link in case you want to see how is made or how its look like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sU-Fs83A4A
    Actually im gonna make another one for family too. Uhm, probably its gonna be the same just with another floor to it so you can have your family on it. Let me know if you like the idea. :smiley:
  • C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2019
    ...And the award for, "Best idea ever", goes to:
    Car dealership.
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I have a store where my Sim sells the treasures, artifacts and relics she finds in selvadorada.
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    shanls96 wrote: »
    Let’s make a list of ideas/unique ideas of retail stores, my next gen should hopefully be opening up a store and need some ideas :smiley:

I've got a museum of high-quality Selvadoradan artifacts, which has a gift shop that sells artifacts that are fakes.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm playing Erwin Pries from StrangerVille and I'm going to use buydebug to open a retail store that sells StrangerVille items. Basically the Curio Shop on steroids.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    Dorothy wrote: »
    Its basecly a home with a bakery work. You have your home and your work at one place.

If it's a residential lot, how do your Sims sell their baked goods?
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    A store that sell surfboards, towels, and other sporting goods would be awesome!