Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hey. Sorry for being late with this. Been quite unwell and in and out of doctors appointments and therapy *urgh* :tired_face:
    Anyway. Great updates. Mann I love that red dress! <3
    Also, I'm gonna miss this family. I really liked them.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Good gracious I meant to reply to you sooner @simscognito ! :flushed:

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. :pensive: I hope things are on the mend now? It's great to see you back. <3

I'm honestly going to miss the Remington family too. :blush: Many qualities about them really hit home to me and I felt a great connection to them. <3
    Perhaps someday Sam will see them again. You just never know. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Hey friends. :)

Please forgive my mini hiatus from Sam's story. :pensive:

With the previous holidays, then setting up my new computer - reinstalling everything sims, and then this new year bringing a bout of depression...I just haven't had the time or motivation to write the next chapter. :disappointed:
    But it's still been forever on my mind.

I do have all the pictures for the next chapter (from my old computer) and with the clouds lifting I plan to get started on it soon. The better graphics on my new computer will make the next few story updates, until the end, look DAZZLING (especially the big wedding! <3 ) and I can't WAIT to show you all! :smiley:

I hope y'all will keep this thread bookmarked and stay tuned for when it comes out. Thank you so much for your interest in this story that is so near and dear to my heart, and for your support. <3

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Still here! Still waiting … always will be. So sorry to hear you've had dark days again but glad to hear the clouds are lifting and the sun is starting to shine again. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Emorrill, I hope you recover soon.
    Thank you so much @ZeeGee and @Earcat <3 That means so much to me. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

So I realized I hadn't saved the last 3 chapters to my usual Word document so I've done just that. :p

I also looked over the pictures for the next chapter and am pushing myself to get it written because I don't want to lose the "mood" of it while I'm waiting for my brain to get into the mood of writing it you know? I hope that makes sense. ;)

Y'all have been waiting SO patiently and I really need to deliver! :star: You're on my mind...always. :kissing_heart:
    emorrill wrote: »
    I also looked over the pictures for the next chapter and am pushing myself to get it written because I don't want to lose the "mood" of it while I'm waiting for my brain to get into the mood of writing it you know? I hope that makes sense. ;)

You're welcome. :) And it makes sense. Sometimes you just force yourself to start and then it starts flowing. :)

Allllrighty everyone! The newest Sam Chapter (Chapter 65 :p Can you believe you've been reading that many? :open_mouth: ) is POSTED! :smiley: Thank you all ever so much for your patience with me! <3 You don't know how much it means to me.

A little Author's Note here:
    I wrote this while still stuck in the depressive pit - which messes your head up - so I do hope that it sounds good, flows well, and is a great read. :star:
    Also these pictures were taken on my old computer before I had the awesome graphics card that I do now ;) so there's no shadows, no mirror images on the water, etc. But regardless, they still look pretty dang good! :blush:

I hope you will enjoy the first part of this chapter as much as it has brought some much needed joy into my life right now. <3

Reunited
    Part 1

With his eyes closed, Sam’s heart thumped in excited anticipation, as the bright blue and white lights surrounding him gradually began to fade away. His home would soon be coming into view.

45953881215_1073026c9c_c.jpg

But upon opening his eyes he thought, Huh? as the lights completely disappeared. This…isn’t my house.

46143361284_142305615e_c.jpg

The fluttering of his heart was now replaced with concern as he looked down upon the lush green landscape below, surrounded by ocean water. Frantically he glanced at his watch – the Bracelet - and caught a glimpse of the last bit of light emanating from it before it too disappeared. That told him it did what it was designed to do: disrupt the quantum leap to send himself back to his new hometown instead of leaping right back into another person to right another wrong. However, he swallowed while looking back over the landscape, this didn’t look like Hidden Springs. Or was it? He couldn’t be sure without some immediate, definite proof. Why he hadn’t ended up in his home like he did the last couple of times he’d leaped back here, caused him to doubt.

Trying to keep calm he told himself to do what he always did during a leap, carefully study his surroundings. Look for clues to reveal where he might be and when. His eyes first caught hold of the beautiful, pine tree dotted mountain off to his right. A single house stood near the top that was hard to miss. It had the oddest roof shape and the coloring…instantly Sam felt a flutter in his heart once more as he realized it was HIS house! Oh thank you Lord, he gratefully whispered while closing his eyes. Then, opening them again, he said aloud, “Home,” looking out at the gorgeous view before him again. “It’s so great to be home!”

46143361054_fbdedcec91_c.jpg

“But where in Hidden Springs am I?” he asked, taking a closer look around. It was clearly evident he landed on a hill, but…where?

45953880595_d31710d383_c.jpg

“Oh heck why does that matter?” he declared, while pulling out his phone. “I’ve got to call Emma and let her know I’m back!”

45953880785_66196f0da3_c.jpg

Emma.
    The only person/thing on his mind day and night during the last leap. Oh how his heart greatly longed to see her! To hold her in his arms again.

The phone rang on the other end longer than usual. Please pick up…

“Hello?”
    Hearing her voice jump-started Sam’s heart again and the warmth of love instantly showered over his soul. “Emma!”
    “SAM!?”
    “Yes! I’m back!”

46143361134_60dd3c7fee_c.jpg

“Oh Sam,” there was a little sniffle of joy and relief. “When did you get back?”
    “Just a few minutes ago. I’m--”
    “Wait right there!” she insisted. “I’m coming over!”
    “Wait!” Sam stopped her.

He proceeded to tell her that he landed on a small hill near the outskirts of town...

45953880965_3b3de87578_c.jpg

...and after looking about he found a way to safely get down to the dirt road on the other side of it. Recognizing the road now, he knew exactly where he was and decided to make a break for home. He couldn’t stand being away from it, or his girl, any longer!

“Meet me at my house in about 10 minutes ok?” he asked of her. “I can’t wait to see you.”
    Emma smiled brightly on the other end. “I can’t wait to see you too!”

Once the call ended, Sam immediately bolted down the hill; allowing nothing to stand in his way!

46143361214_a7bfd452d6_c.jpg

Please don’t tell me I’m getting too old for this? Sam lamented as he reached the front door of his home and stopped, hunching over, with his hands on his knees and panting. He’d always managed to keep up a pretty good physique, but in the end, as everyone always told him, age still comes around to bite your efforts in the back!

Wiping at his brow while standing up straight again, he noticed a car out of the corner of his eye coming to a screeching halt before the front of his property. He’d recognize that car anywhere…it was Emma’s. Turning to greet her, he smiled as she jumped out of the vehicle, leaving it parked on the road while crying out, “Sam!” Then she stopped before the mailbox, almost as if to make sure the figure she saw was truly him.

45953881335_e877f54325_c.jpg

No words could escape their mouths as they stared into each other’s eyes smiling, feeling the deepest of joys at being reunited once again.

46816225892_dcd7dd2ebb_c.jpg

45953881445_3a1367cf2b_c.jpg

Knowing for sure that it was him, Emma instantly bolted toward the love of her life…

46816226002_d1ac905db9_c.jpg

…and leapt into his arms fueled by the aching energy of that prolonged absence. She passionately gripped his hair between her fingers, pulling him tightly against her with a fiery desire to just hold him and feel him again.

45953881595_e6d81457d2_c.jpg

32992923118_d41a668a01_c.jpg

Sam naturally captured her with wide open arms and held her ever so closely…

45953881765_7b711d1cbf_c.jpg

…before gently setting her down and pressing his lips fiercely upon hers, in the most intimate act of love they could engage in at this point in time.

46143361004_dcee5d4a7c_c.jpg

“Oh Emma,” he whispered between kisses. “Oh how I missed you!”
    “Oh Sam,” she whispered too, “I missed you too! This time being apart was torturous!
    Very torturous!”
    “Day and night you’re all I could think about…and I felt like I was dying without your everyday presence!”
    “Same here…”

They kissed and kissed again, until they decided to take a breather and just hold each other for a couple of silent minutes. Neither of them ever wanting to let go.

Emma pressed her cheek against Sam's shoulder, almost nuzzling, and said, “Oh Sam I was so worried.”

45953879785_163c09783c_c.jpg

Sam couldn’t help taking in the aroma of her hair…

31926892997_73911dfe29_c.jpg

…then asked, “Worried?”
    “Yes,” she replied. “It felt like you were gone for so long that,” her voice choked a bit, “I began to worry that maybe the Bracelet malfunctioned or you ended up leaping somewhere else or,” the tears now escaped her eyes, “that something awful happened to you…

46143360624_d9c4cc014d_c.jpg

…and I’d never see you again. Right before I’m supposed to marry you, you know? Gosh, CURSE my anxiety!”
    Sam tried not to chuckle at her adorable concern. “Hey,” he soothed, releasing her to gaze deeply into her eyes. “You don’t have to worry anymore. I’m here.

46143360834_ca03734fdf_c.jpg

The Bracelet won’t ever malfunction,” he assured, “I’ll make sure of that. And…nothing fatal is ever going to happen to me. Al’s got my back remember?”
    Nodding with a sniff Emma said, “I know. And I know I’m going to have to get used to this, but…I was just extra worried because you’d just proposed and then leaped. Then while preparing for the wedding in your absence my imagination ran wild and,” she gulped, “I just kept praying that God wouldn’t be so cruel as to have something awful happen to you before we’re to be married you know?” She felt silly admitting it.

Grinning, Sam couldn’t help saying, “I love how much you worry about us,” but seeing how she wasn’t quite accepting of that he changed his tone to a more serious one. “And if I’d been in your shoes, I probably would’ve been worrying about the same thing. God certainly has a sense of humor and it's not always in an amusing way. I get it. Do not cry anymore my love.” He stroked her cheek while wiping away a tear too. “I’m not going anywhere for a while. We’re going to get married.”

32992923208_9b6fb94878_c.jpg

“Are you sure you won’t leap beforehand?” she asked, longing for more reassurance.
    Sam pulled her into a hug again and replied, “I’m sure. For the next little while it’ll just be you and me planning out our wedding and getting married.”

45953880035_f6205b0841_c.jpg

“And it will be the most magnificent wedding of the century,” Emma said, her spirits lifting and eyes twinkling with joy.
    “Indeed,” he smiled. “Gosh you look so beautiful in this light," he said while stroking her hair. "Why do a sense a little something different about you?”
    “Well,” she blushed, “when my mom and I went shopping for my wedding dress I found the perfect one, but…the biggest size they had for it was the size just below my current size. So,” she paused with a mischievous grin on her face, “I’ve been working on losing a little bit of weight so I can fit into it!”

45953881905_94fe4fb311_c.jpg

“Oh is that right?” Sam asked with a grin, holding her hands and stepping back a bit to look her over. “Wow,” he admired, “You look…stunning Emma. Great job!” Then he held her close again. “Not that you didn’t look just as stunning and beautiful before.”

46143360704_a227ec42aa_c.jpg

“Aww,” she expressed while blushing. “You’re so sweet and good to me Sam. How did I ever get so lucky? I love you so much.” She pulled him in for another kiss, unable to handle not kissing and holding him so constantly right now. She needed to make up for that lost, agonizing time of being away from him.

45953880225_65980f56d8_c.jpg

As they kissed, Sam ran his hands up and down her waist and hips, definitely feeling a change in her figure. Touching those new curves sent an intense, electrical surge of sexual desire within him that he grabbed those hips, firmly pressing them upon his midsection while kissing her just as intensely. It took Emma aback for a moment.

32992923398_0c08f02785_c.jpg

“Mmm,” Sam expressed, “I just want to marry you right now; right here in this moment.” He kissed again. “Forget the wedding, I’ll arrange for the Minister to come over immediately.”
    “Sam!” Emma chuckled, pulling away and seeing the smirk on his face. “If we’re going to get married, we’re going to do it right. Besides, I want my big wedding.”
    “I know you do,” he smiled, “and I was…kind of kidding.” He winked. “I just can’t wait for you to become my wife and make a family with you.”
    “I can’t wait to become Mrs. Doctor Sam Beckett either,” she said, rubbing noses with him. “And as for making a family…definitely! As soon as we can.”
    “I love you.”
    “I love you too.”

Then Emma squealed as Sam scooped her up into his arms. “I hope you don’t mind if I carry you over the threshold a little early?” he sweetly asked her. “It’s hot and we should head inside. We’ve got a wedding to plan!”
    Grinning brightly, Emma threw her arms around his neck and squeezed. “I don’t mind at all! And yes, let's get planning!”

46143360524_bd42b7b34a_c.jpg

During the next couple of hours, before discussing any plans for the wedding, Emma asked Sam to tell her all about his leap adventure first. He was glad to do so.

He introduced the Remington family and all the conflicts that came up and how it was pretty much Jasper who saved the day. He also mentioned having Gushie as his holographic companion this time around due to Al’s hospitalization and recovery. Emma never failed to sit there in awe as Sam would tell the stories of his leaps. She couldn’t believe how amazing of a man her husband to be truly is. It’s not just anyone that God would call to engage in this kind of work and she felt honored to become his wife.

Once Sam was done Emma shared with him the plans her and her parents came up with for the wedding during his absence. It all sounded great and he approved. She then excitedly expressed her desire for them to get married in the Hidden Springs Temple. It was a gorgeous, towering building, with many spires and it had just recently been renovated. The intricate exterior was pleasing to the sight and made completely with marble that sparkled in the sun. Sam never realized people could get married there. He always thought different religious ceremonies were performed within, so he was more than happy for him and Emma to be joined in holy matrimony in such an elegant place. “It’s like I’m getting married in a castle!” Emma squealed. Sam loved it.

They then went on to discuss who would be the Maid of Honor, The Best Man, the flower girl, and the ring bearer.

“Well, I actually already asked my good friend Becky to be my Maid of Honor,” Emma informed.

46816227842_e5ef314eaf_c.jpg

Sam looked at her curiously. “Becky? I don’t think you’ve ever told me about her.”
    Emma gaped. “Sure I have! We used to work together when I first moved here remember, and we became fast friends when we both found out we love to write?”
    He shrugged, sadly not remembering.
    “It’s ok. She felt so honored and I told her she was the first person who came to my mind to ask. I just love her.”

46143360404_f9ff2dbfa6_c.jpg

“That’s wonderful,” Sam said. It warmed his heart to know Emma has a good friend to turn to whenever he’d be away. “I wish I could remember her. It must be my 'Swiss-cheesed' brain that’s made me forget.”
    Emma then shot him a suspicious look, with folded arms. “I thought your brain only becomes ‘Swiss-cheese’ during a leap?”
    “Well, I just leaped back here so…the effects are still wearing off.” He grinned as they both chuckled.

“Anyway, I was thinking of asking Liam to be my best man,” he said.
    “I had a feeling you would ask him,” Emma expressed. “He’s a really sweet guy.” Then she paused for a moment, looking down at her hands. “It’s too bad that Al can’t be your best man.”
    Sam nodded. “Well, truthfully I already told Al he’s my best man,” he revealed with a grin, “but since no one can see him…that’s why I’ll be asking Liam.”
    Emma smiled.
    “Which is who I would’ve asked in a heartbeat anyway,” he went on, “you know…if I didn’t have Al in my life.”
    “I know,” Emma said, while leaning into him. “Your secret is safe with me my love.” She planted another kiss upon his lips.

“You know,” Sam began to suggest, “how about we take a break from all this wedding planning and just…kiss? And hold each other into the wee hours of the night?”

31926898037_cbdb250aa3_c.jpg

“Sounds good to me!” Emma giggled.

And that’s exactly what they did.

46816227312_9daaa97820_c.jpg

31926897927_eae7f0822a_c.jpg

:blush:
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Oh boy! What a sweet episode. I hope things go well for Sam and that he can get married. Even if no one but Sam can see him, I would be nice if Al was at the wedding.
    Earcat wrote: »
    Oh boy! What a sweet episode. I hope things go well for Sam and that he can get married. Even if no one but Sam can see him, I would be nice if Al was at the wedding.

@Earcat Oh Al will be there. :blush: He wouldn't miss it for the world!

Here's a cookie for you for saying "Oh Boy!" :cookie:

:mrgreen:
    Oh boy, oh boy, may I have two cookies please? :wink:

You did awesome as always. There was a certain poignancy to this episode. Maybe your sadness leaked through a little, about them having to be separated so long? It just made it even better. Can’t wait to see the dress!!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @emorrill Nice screenshot of Sam transporting home. Lovely area. ...Not the home he remembered? Oh, a remote area of town he didn't recognize. That must have disoriented him. Luckily he saw his home's rooftop. Whew! ...Aww, the meeting between Emma and Sam! So romantic. ...What a greeting, Emma! Sam sure knows he's been missed! ...I love the closeup of them hugging. So sweet. ...Pretty ring on Emma's left hand! ...The tears on Emma's face. Perfect! ...Wonderful dialogue. ...Fun hearing the wedding plans. ...Wow, that make-out on the couch!

Another great update, emorrill! <3
    @ZeeGee :cookie::cookie:

@lanyln Thank you. <3

I'm glad you both enjoyed it. :)
    Ok just caught up. Aww this was so cute. I really hope they do get married and nothing gets in the way. Sam! No leaping!
    Ok just caught up. Aww this was so cute. I really hope they do get married and nothing gets in the way. Sam! No leaping!

@simscognito That's what I'd be saying too if I were the reader! :lol:

I don't think you guys will have anything to worry about there. ;)

Sorry it took me forever to respond to your comment. {{{{Hugs}}}} Got super distracted with life, but I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and I always love to receive and read everyone's sweet comments. <3

You know what's gotten my upset though? Hulu removed Quantum Leap. :cry: First Netflix did, now Hulu.
    They are on my list right now :angry: but...I still have the DVD's so I'll get over it soon I just prefer the easiness of streaming. :mrgreen:
    @emorrill That's so annoying! At least it's still on the NBC app in the throwback section. That's where I watch it. Though you do have to put up with commercials. :grimace:
    emorrill wrote: »

@simscognito That's what I'd be saying too if I were the reader! :lol:

I don't think you guys will have anything to worry about there. ;)

Sorry it took me forever to respond to your comment. {{{{Hugs}}}} Got super distracted with life, but I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and I always love to receive and read everyone's sweet comments. <3

You know what's gotten my upset though? Hulu removed Quantum Leap. :cry: First Netflix did, now Hulu.
    They are on my list right now :angry: but...I still have the DVD's so I'll get over it soon I just prefer the easiness of streaming. :mrgreen:

@emorrill aw that's a shame. I'm glad you have the dvds though. XD
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    okay so I finally caught up with the first 55 chapters :D it took me a while xD
    since there's no possibility to comment on those on the website by chapter, I'll leave a few thoughts here since I didn't want to leave spoilers for everyone out there :)
    -I like how you made your couples break up. Maybe surprising, since everyone always cheers for happy endings xD But I like how each of them had their own reasons, and none of them implied cheating or violence, and still it was sad. They felt very real.
    -Al always cracks me up. He's definitely one to make this story much funnier! Fun fact - I have one character in my story named Al also, and he's also a womanizer- tho younger and has a bit more tame fashion sense. Might be that's why I'm drawn to this one! xD
    -I love Catarina Vanderbuilt. Despite being a side character, she has many layers and is so good in her consistency. Actually all of your characters have a great consistancy!
    -Emmeline is probably one of the best villains in simlit ever :D
    -Carl Abbot is a hottie and I want to see more of him <3
    -the humour in this story still keeps making me smile. I know you said you wanted to keep the original TV show humour, but honestly I've never seen it, and also think your writing style makes a big part of it.
    Okay definitely looking forward for the next few chapters! I think I'll catch up in the next week :)
    OMGosh thank you for all those sweet comments @candycottonchu ! :kissing_heart: They seriously made my day! :star:
    Aww, you called my villain (Emmaline) one of the best in SimLit? :blush: I'm so touched...and you are too sweet. I was really proud of the way I wrote her character out (which was really out of my element) and for you to say that just meant so much! Thank you! <3

Yeeeeeeah when I first started posting the story to WordPress I didn't know how to break up the chapters into different pages so...my bad! :lol:

I wanted to announce to y'all that Part 2 of Chapter 65 is FINISHED! :smiley: I just need to get it posted and throw all the pictures in between. I appreciate your patience with me. <3 You're all the BEST!
    edited March 2019
    Hello again everyone. @ZeeGee @Charlottesmom @simscognito @lanlyn @Earcat @candycottonchu :blush:

So after like...a month... :flushed: I've finally gotten Part 2 of Chapter 65 in Sam's story all written up! :smiley: Yay!

I won't say anything more and just share it. ;) Enjoy! <3

Reunited
    Part 2

Later that night it was impossible for Sam to sleep, especially when he so longed for Emma to stay with him and fall asleep in each other’s arms. Emma expressed her intense desire to stay too, but she was right about them waiting until they were married…and not be faced with that temptation. He truly admired her morals and religious beliefs, but after a reunion like that, and all the kissing, touching, and pressing that went on between them…he wished he could’ve taken it all the way to show her just how much he missed her and how deeply his love flowed for her. Patience Sam, he told himself, you can wait. She’s worth it. It will be a wedding night to remember, as it should be.

Rolling out of bed with a groan he surrendered to his wakened mind. Something more was weighing upon it and he gazed into the mirror above his dresser with a sorrowful sigh.

33456828578_2f19bfbfaf_c.jpg

There was no way to call his dear friend, to check up on how he was doing. Not knowing and not seeing him all this time was painful. Life was continuing to move at an incredibly fast pace, as it always had, with each new year bringing many new changes. And the older one gets, the more those changes involve seeing the ones who had the greatest impact on their life pass away. He didn’t even want to fathom the thought of life without Al; his dearest friend, confidant, and father figure who’d been a part of his life for almost 20 years. Gushie assured him Al was fine now, but that health scare made Sam realize that the both of them weren’t getting any younger. Time wasn’t just moving backward as he leaped, it was continuing to move forward while he was away. And what other kinds of events would he happen to miss, especially after marrying Emma and having children? He shook his head unable to think about that at the moment as he answered the call of his growling stomach. Promptly he headed for the kitchen.

Upon exiting the room, his feet stopped dead in their tracks, as a breath of startlement escaped his mouth. A figure stood directly before him.

47332621321_8a1711eba4_c.jpg

Sam recognized him instantly and had this innate desire to rush forward and embrace his dear friend, but the emotions of seeing him again and well were getting the better of him. He could only smile, while holding back the tears, and say, “Al.”

33456828768_2056bafb55_c.jpg

“Hey Sam,” Al greeted in return, keeping the smile. That told Sam his joy was bursting just as much as his own.

47332621441_1958f60de8_c.jpg

Sam then stepped forward with open arms. “It’s so great to see you!” he expressed.
    “You too,” Al said as he went in for the hug.

47332621231_0540050046_c.jpg

But when their arms only clasped around their own bodies, they chuckled.

“Geez. I forget we can’t do that,” Al said.
    “Yeah!”

33456828498_7b5a603947_c.jpg

For a moment the two felt embarrassed, but they got over it pretty quickly.

47332621511_c61060769e_c.jpg

“So, how are you feeling?” Sam naturally had to ask.
    Al rubbed at the back of his neck before responding. “Well, for a while there I felt like a train wreck, I’m not gonna lie.”
    “I can imagine!” At this point he couldn’t help cutting to the chase. “Why didn’t you tell me what was going on Al?” His voice held concern, yet also frustration.
    “Ohhhh I knew that happy reunion wouldn’t last long,” Al muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose.
    “Why Al?”
    “Because kid…I didn’t want to trouble you with my problems when I had everything under control.”
    “You didn’t have everything under control!”

33456827898_16451d09a3_c.jpg

“I said HAD!” Al reiterated, long accepting that fact. “Besides you would’ve gone all Medical Doctor on me and you know I can’t stand that.”
    Sam furrowed his brow at him, not understanding why. “Well someone needed to wake you up. I mean, my Gosh Al,” he turned his head away for a moment, the deep emotions resurfacing, “your stubbornness and pride nearly got you killed this time around!”
    “I know,” Al soothed, seeing the tears forming in his friend’s eyes again. “Believe me I got the same lecture from Beth!” Sam cracked a proud smile at that. “But please don’t put me through that again Sam,” he about pleaded.

33456828278_0b3dd281ac_c.jpg

"It’s all ok now. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m fine. See?” He outstretched his hands. “Good as new.”

47332621691_6910b07702_c.jpg

Sam proceeded to study him carefully and just happened to take notice of one significant thing missing.

“Where’s your cigar?” he asked, eyes beaming as to what that might mean.

Al hesitated for a moment, digging the tip of his shoe into the carpet while struggling to meet Sam’s gaze. Eventually he mumbled, “I’m trying to quit smoking.”
    “I’m sorry?” Sam jokingly asked, holding his hand to his ear while inching closer. “I didn’t catch that.”
    Al rolled his eyes. “I SAID…I’m trying to quit smoking!”
    “GET OUT!” Sam happily cried, his hands slapping down upon his thighs. “Seriously!? Admiral Al Calavicci not sporting a cigar between his teeth? I never thought I’d see the day!”
    “Me neither…”
    “Well this is GREAT!” he expressed, wishing he could pat Al’s back. “I’m so proud of you! This will greatly improve you health and help add a few more years onto your life.”
    “Yeah, well, I don’t feel great!” Al retorted. “I mean I finally get over feeling like I was hit by a bus and then Beth guilt trips me by saying it'll 'break her heart' if I don't quit smoking because of my health.”
    “Da’mn straight!”
    Al shot Sam a look as if to say, ‘That’s not helping.’

33456828998_eeaaccde1b_c.jpg

“Oh c’mon Al, you can’t tell me your physicians didn’t tell you the same thing? I was honestly about to strongly suggest it myself, after what you just went through.”

Al released a giant sigh of defeat. “Yeah…well…it’s a tough thing to swallow. I’m moody and having withdrawals like a son of a b**ch,” he admitted, “even while wearing THESE!” He loosened his tie, pulled down the collar of his shirt, causing a button to come undone, as he showed Sam two nicotine patches on his collar bone and then rolled up his sleeves to reveal multiple patches on each arm.

Sam couldn’t help laughing.

“Hey!” Al sneered. “Is that how a doctor should react to his patient’s suffering?”
    “Oh so you’re my patient now?”
    “Shut up Sam!”
    Getting serious now, Sam folded his arms and said, “Withdrawals are to be expected and they’ll be a struggle to deal with for a while.”
    “No…You THINK!?”

33456829148_4f07ccf047_c.jpg

But Sam continued, “I would suggest getting some counseling to help you through this, be sure to avoid alcohol, exercise regularly, eat fresh foods, lean on your loved ones when it gets hard and…you’re really not supposed to be wearing that many patches.”
    It was all sounding good to Al except for that last part which caused him to shake his head and mutter, “You’re such a smart a**.”
    “I’m sorry Al,” he expressed. “I was just trying to ease the tension, but I’m also being serious. Just,” he paused, desiring to place his hands on his friend’s shoulders, “don’t forget why you’re quitting ok? Keep it up and it will get easier, trust me. Your health is literally improving each day. You got this.” He smiled.

As much as Al wanted to oppose what Sam said, he knew it was the truth and said with love. He repressed his feelings and simply said, “Thanks kid. I could use all the support I can get. I swear this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to endure since being a P.O.W.”
    “I bet,” Sam said with sympathy. “But if you could get through being a P.O.W., you can get through ANYTHING!”
    The two exchanged thankful glances.

Once the tender moment was over, the subject changed.

“So what was it like going through that last leap with Gushie as your right hand man?” Al asked with a slight chuckle.

33456829498_b304e4e6ce_c.jpg

“Oh he was great,” Sam honestly replied. “It was a little…different working with him, he was obviously nervous and inexperienced, but he pulled through and everything was made right.”
    “I sure was relieved to hear it. I mean don’t get me wrong I like Gushie, but…that man doesn’t face tough situations well. He freezes up. Cowers...so yeah I was just as surprised as you that he’d managed to do my job right. I swear it was killing me not being there for you Sam…”
    “I know, but I’m glad Beth kept you back so you could recover.”
    “I swear that woman,” Al said, glancing away while shaking his head. “There are so many times she drives me CRAZY! And yet,” he paused, “I remember how miserable I was without her, so…” He didn’t need to say more.
    Sam nodded and smiled.

“Speaking of the women in our lives,” Al went on, “it’s about that time to be marrying Emma isn’t it?” He winked.
    “Yes.” Sam replied happily. “We’ve already started planning and making arrangements. We want to get it done very soon just in case a leap happens. ” Heaven forbid...

47332621601_b01c9b87b1_c.jpg

Al nodded. “And I’m still the Best Man right?” he asked, eyeballing him.
    “Of course! Liam’s just the second one since nobody can see you.”
    “I wish they could…especially Emma.”
    “I do too.”
    Al then looked upon Sam with pride. “I’m so happy for you Sam. Emma’s a great woman and after all the two of you have been through in your lives…you deserve to spend the rest of it together. And you especially deserve to have children like you’ve always wanted.”
    Sam blushed. “Thanks Al. You know it always comes as a surprise when you speak from the heart.” He winked.
    “Yeah, well, don’t get used to it.”
    They laughed.

It sure felt good for the two of them to become a team again. Everything was back to, and becoming as, it should be.

The next day, Sam and Emma cuddled on a bench together within a very special place.

46609435574_6a9432bbe0_c.jpg

“I can’t believe we’re going to get married here in a few days,” Sam whispered in her ear.
    “I know,” Emma said, squeezing his hand in hers. “It’s so lovely. It’ll be the most beautiful wedding in the world and it’ll be ours! I just can’t wait any longer.”
    “Me neither.”

33456827668_450d1a766a_c.jpg

During the affectionate, drawn out kiss, that ever familiar sound of a certain door opening perked Sam’s ear up, but he paid it no mind.

Al watched them for a moment, just a couple of feet away.

46609435414_d0b1ae4967_c.jpg

“My goodness,” he exclaimed, “get a room you two! This is a holy place!”

Sam promptly waved a “brush off” hand at him to which Al ignored and stepped over to the wedding arch.

“Why’d you do that?” Emma asked Sam chuckling between a kiss.
    “Oh it’s just Al,” he replied. “Telling us we probably shouldn’t be making out in such a holy place.”
    “He’s watching us!?” Then she thought for a moment. “Well, perhaps he is right. However, people kiss here all the time so…even if ours is a bit more...passionate at the moment, I think God understands.”
    “Oh I like your way of thinking,” Sam expressed, dipping her back and kissing her once more.

“Hey Sam!” Al called from below the arch. “I like the view from here. You should totally let me officiate. What do ya say? I can get certified you know?”

33456827218_810c49548e_c.jpg

Sam shook his head at him with a slight glare.

“Suit yourself,” Al muttered, “but you gotta admit I’d make one hell of an officiator.”

The Big Wedding is coming up in the next chapter! <3<3<3 It's gonna take a bit of time to set up and write. Please bear with me as I work on it. Thank you always for reading and your support. <3
    Eeee so excited for the wedding. I'm worried about Al though. All this talk of getting older, something's telling me he hasn't long to live. :/
    Eeee so excited for the wedding. I'm worried about Al though. All this talk of getting older, something's telling me he hasn't long to live. :/

Don't you worry, he's going to be ok. ;)

Promise.
    Loved it! And so happy they’re waiting for the wedding night. :) Difficult, but worth it!

He could only smile, while holding back the tears, and say “Al.” Waaaah, was crying at that, could see this scene so clear in my head and hear Sam just saying.... Al.

Nice job!
    ZeeGee wrote: »

He could only smile, while holding back the tears, and say “Al.” Waaaah, was crying at that, could see this scene so clear in my head and hear Sam just saying.... Al.

@ZeeGee Aww, did I really get you teary-eyed with that one? :blush:

That's what I was totally going for! I wanted to make this scene a touching one and I thought maybe I didn't quite deliver as much as I'd hoped. Thank you for the comment. <3

Do you remember me mentioning how emotional I was getting about writing this whole entire chapter that I couldn't even do it for a while? Yeeeeahh. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top