Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Say, "Yes" to an invite, but do not accompany

When I am managing a household of more than 1 sim I really want my sims to be able to agree to go out when they are invited somewhere, but when I accept the invitation I then immediately get sent along with them to dinner or to the club, or whatever. I don't want to go and would prefer not to have to sit through two loading screens to get back home.

Can't there be an option like in Zerbu's Go to School MOD where the player has a choice to go with the sim or not?

Comments

• Options
    CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    I agree, this is a situation where I actually usually don't want to see my sim. I want them to go hang out, but I don't want to wait through the loading screens. Also, when I go I feel like I never do as much as I wanted to, and end up staying a long time. If they just left, you could just assume they did all the best things there.
    I looked this up and unfortunately no one has seemed to make any mods for this, or even talk about it really, but it is a great idea!
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • Options
    KalaeleoKalaeleo Posts: 2 New Member
    It would be great if they give my sims some times to finish up what they're doing.

AI should allow some more lead time when making appointments and utilize the calendar system. They could put the appointment and place to meet there.

It is annoying if my sims is showering and need a couple of minutes to get their desired moodlet but they have to abandon everything they're doing and go immediately anytime someone decided they want to meet my sims RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh yes, this would actually be great. Just the option of being able to send our sims off to hang out while we take care of the rest of the household like we originally intended. And while they're gone, they gain friendship with whoever they went with. Or potentially romance, if it was a date they got invited out on? Dates might have a chance of failure, however.

AND they'll be returning at an actual reasonable hour. Instead of, you know, accidentally staying in the restaurant until 5 AM like I've accidentally had them do at some point.

Just.. yeah, this is a good idea.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    this has my vote. my poor guy does not go out anymore because I need to make sure the kids do what they need to get done.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes I want this too!!!! Was just thinking how great it would be if I could stay home with the rest of the family
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes please
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    This should really be a thing!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    in my honest opinion i do not see anything wrong in sims staying at home if my sims do have invites to go somewhere i always decline since i prefer my sims staying at home doing something as a family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes, I need this.
  • Options
    IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    I hate having to go somewhere with my sim too when I have multiple people in a household. I guess it makes for more variety in the game because whenever I do Let's Plays I have to pick a sim to focus on for the day lol.
  • Options
    MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    Didn't they have something like that in the Sims 3 or another previous title where you could agree to go in an hour (give you time to finish whatever you're doing) and you get notice in advance for parties instead of hving to go right away. I miss that.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    Yes! I do want School
  • Options
    katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    That would be great! I would love that since now I always rather decline than suffer through the loading screens. It would be especially useful with child play dates (invites to play) since I would have to look after less children :D

@Mazatl I believe it was in Sims 3. You got an invitation to a party with the time when the party starts and you could decide later (after getting a notification) if you would like to go, send your sim there or just stay home.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • Options
    purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    Yes! The sims should finish whatever was in their task bar and then leave, whether you go with them or not. If you don't go then their picture at the bottom can say "socialize with..." Maybe when they get back there could be a chance card type thing that says how it went.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I absolutely agree with these suggestions. I like the idea of a chance card so that those outings could still have some impact: relationship increases or decreases, skill gains and such would be nice.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There are some invites that are rabbit holes, like concerts and opera... But I also wished that there was this option available for every occasion. I like to go out, but since the latest patch, my sims that stay at home don't take care of themselves, they actually even wake up if I leave them sleeping and just stand doing nothing.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Actually repairing the game solve my issue. I'll start repairing the game always after installing a new patch