Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Lots

Hello :mrgreen:

I am looking for few destinations where I can have my sim family to go to without struggling to find something for each of them to do. Such as A mother and a father, a child and a toddler. Is there any recommendations please?

Thank you

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    A park is probably your best option, specifically one with playground equipment for children and toddlers, as well as activities for for teens and up, like fishing or playing chess.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2019
    I built an Arts Center (used to be in Newcrest, now in Del Sol Valley. Has all the skill items plus a playroom for toddlers and children. It’s a good place to take the family and keep tabs on them. I’ll post some pictures later when I can kick my husband off the computer (posting from my tablet at the moment). If you have CL it’s a good option.

If you have Bowling Night SP you could build a bar, then add the bowling lanes and a playroom, toddlers can play in the playroom and children can bowl with the rest of the family. I like that bumpers pop up automatically when children bowl to reduce incidences of gutter balls.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited February 2019
    A cafe/skating rink is another option. Also cafe/arcade. With play areas for toddlers. Or a water park with the toddler pool and water slide for other family members.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I added a kids section to the library in Windenburg. It has activities for toddlers too. Basically, just add a little section for them on any Lot you fancy going to.

Or you can take toys with you.

I recently had my single mum go on vacation with her toddler to granite falls. She was fishing at the stream and the toddler was sat beside her playing with the stack bricks :)
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I added a kids section to the library in Windenburg. It has activities for toddlers too. Basically, just add a little section for them on any Lot you fancy going to.

I recently had my single mum go on vacation with her toddler to granite falls. She was fishing at the stream and the toddler was sat beside her playing with the stack bricks :)

I always make sure my toddlers bring their tablet with them when I take them to community lots, and, if I remember, food.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Sadly, their isn't much for families to do unless you specifically build/download a lot catered to them. There are parks with kids equipment, but if you want stuff for toddlers you'll need to add it yourself. If you have Toddler Stuff you can add park equipment for them too.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2019
    I also was in the need for some family lots so I here are some thing i build and there links in case you'd want any of them.

Magnolia Blossom Park, I added the toddler playground, don't wake the llama, a greenhouse, water slide, added the swings from seasons.

I also have this child friendly library, there are toys around so tots will have something to do and they could look at picture books Books-in-a-nook I made this not long after I got kids room stuff so i'm not sure how toddler friendly it is but there is stuff they can play with.

Rainbow Park This is one i build after toddlers came out but before toddler stuff. I just made a small colorful park and added some toys around for children and toddlers only thing the older sims have to do is grill food and potty train the toddlers, course they could play with them is there's an option on the toy.

I have a few bowling alley's and a movie theater as well but not sure if you'd want them since there's nothing for toddlers to do but you can find them on my gallery under cmbaker16.

• cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I always use the park by MaxisCreator_01 called Park and Play. It has a chess table and small swimming pool, also an eating area and plenty of play items for toddlers and children. You will have to add potties to the toilets though. Wish we could put potties in sims inventories!!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

I replaced the willow creek library with the below, it has been updated to be more kid friendly than the default one that comes with the base game.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6B48DB803F0811E6866F4B8D1B5F3037
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    You guys all just made me aware that we can edit places beside our own homes for this! You don't know how I excited I am about this haha.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I made a SimCity Fun Place (it's uploaded to the gallery if anyone's interested) with a restaurant and playroom on the first floor and a bar and dance floor and games on the second floor. Something for everyone. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8F937D7F826711E88344CC385454BB23
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Thank you for all your suggestions and will be downloading some of the lots! :mrgreen:
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Great suggestions here, thanks so much.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    look for parks, lounges and the like on gallery. Players do so many different and inclusive lots.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Been download the lots thank you. Does it bother you when the entrance to the building doesn’t connect to the road? :joy:
  • ladyankh40ladyankh40 Posts: 27 Member
    at first I was thinking a gym that I created it had lots of activities but none for toddlers. so now you have me thinking I want to create something like a Chucky cheese but with activities for kids of all ages.